Stomach rumbles

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Danx 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hello,

I have been doing IF for more than 2 years now. Lately I am experiencing bowel peristaltic sounds on my fast days.

They are not painful at all, but they can be loud enough to be socially embarrassing.

Does anyone know how to shut my belly up?

Thanks!

Too Much Sugar Can Cause a Noisy Tummy

If you find your stomach is embarrassingly noisy, it could be because you’re eating too much sugar, particularly fructose and sorbitol (found in fruits and also used as an artificial sweetener in many sugar-free gums and candies).

I would try eating healthy probiotic-rich foods like beans (i.e. baked beans) to boost populations of health-promoting bacteria. A 1/2 cup of baked beans is only about 160 calories (depending on brand), a good source of protein, high in fiber, and is quite filling. There are current studies that recommend eating beans at least once/ week for optimum health.

Thanks for your reply! It’s actually true: The noises began when I started to eat sugar-free gums during the fast days…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.