Stomach problems

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  babybl00 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Will 5.2 cause any stomach problems?

This depends on a lot of factors, mainly to do with your medical history (do you have IBS, stomach ulcers, are you prone to constipation, are you on pain medication, have you had surgery to any part of your digestive tract, do you suffer from diverticulitis,…?), as well as the good choices you make on fasting and non-fasting days.

If you haven’t got any particular medical condition, the main tip I can give is keep up the fiber intake on both fasting and non-fasting days, and stay well hydrated to prevent constipation.
    Personally, I have a super-high fiber intake, but now that I am eating much less food overall throughout the week, I don’t have a daily bowel motion anymore (haha sorry, super graphic!).
    Sometimes on fasting days, I do feel my stomach growling. I now also always have a cooked meal on fasting days, because when I used to choose salads, the leaves would make me feel nauseous after eating – but that happens to me on non-fasting days too.

I am just starting my third week of the 5:2 Diet. All is going well but I am suffering from severe constipation. I have a spastic colon which does not help. I’m taking psyllium husks and trying to eat plenty of fibre and drink lots of water. I’ve had to resort to laxatives and suppositories. Does anyone else have this problem?

Hi Dodsabie, I suffer this way too but am managing by not expecting movement after a fast day. The others things I do is keep some rhubarb in the freezer, a can of prunes in the cupboard, oatbran for putting on porridge and sometimes I find sweetcorn does the trick. You can buy frozen rhubarb in supermarkets now and get the oatbran in Waitrose. I Know some people like Aloe Vera juice mixed with water.
    Have you looked in the faqs section at the top of the page?
    Obviously everyone will advise you to drink more water, its a fact, it works.
    Hope you’re feeling great soon and the weight goes down.

Hi everyone. I’m already on my third fasting week, and up to now I have felt great. The past few days though, have been hard. I’m severly constipated, despite taking linseed every day (and that used to work for me). Additionally I’ve had the worst case of indigestion since I can remember, I fasted on Wednesday and on thursday had steak and potatoes at night and since then I’m not feeling good. I had a capresse salad on friday and threw up all night. I hope it doesn’t stay so because I’m really motivated and excited about the program.

Anyone out there with similar experiences?

Thanks you Cakey42 for your suggestions. I’ll certainly give those things a go. I resorted to a can of Baked Beans for breakfast this morning but don’t really like them as they are full of sugar and salt.
    Linohis sorry about your issues. I wonder if there was anything a bit off in your meal that made you vomit. I haven’t heard anyone else with that problem. I urge you to keep on with this new way of eating as it has obviously helped many people loose weight and also beneficial for diabetics, high blood pressure plus a host of other poor health stuff.
    Good luck.
    DS

Definitely struggle with going to the loo the day after a fast. I take chia seeds with my porridge which helps a bit, but I haven’t been able to resolve the problem. I also suffer with stomach acid on fast days.
    Both problems are now making me question whether this diet is good for me although I had hoped I would be able to stay on it for life.
    On the positive side, I sleep like the dead on fast days.
    I guess we’re all different.

I seem to be the opposite to most of the people posting. I am on Week 3 of fasting and am finding my digestive system is working far better. I’ve always struggled with toilet issues and if I managed to go once a week that was good whereas since starting to fast I have been at least five times per week. I also haven’t suffered with any bloating or indigestion.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.