Starting tomorrow 11/11/17

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Airykah13 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Have read the book and planned what I’ll eat on my first fasting day. Dreading the scales and tape measure tomorrow, I know I’ve got a VERY long way to go to lose 5 stones and get myself fit again. I am determined to do it by next October as I have a big trip planned – 3 months visiting India, Bhutan, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
    First target is to lose a stone by Christmas – planning to fast 2/3 days a week and do a lot more walking. Let’s see how I get on!

Choose your foods wisely and the task is made a lot easier. Choose foods that are not processed as your main food source. How can you tell its processed? If it came in a packet it has been (to some extent) processed.

Limit processed grains like bread, cakes, pasta, pizza, biscuits, rice etc. Eat mostly plant based whole foods. No sugar, juice and other sources of sugar.

Best wishes and congratulations! Good planning and keeping your eye on the long term are my two best tips, and you are already doing them!
    Hope you enjoy your fast day, but if not, remember, you can do anything for just one day.
    All power to you.

My first fasting day has gone well. Yes I’ve eaten non-processed foods, apart from rolled oats! I thought black coffee would be awful, but in fact it was fine. No headache which has surprised me, but I have had lots of water. Some tummy rumbles mid afternoon, but I prefer them to the over-stuffed feeling I usually have, and they soon passed. One day down, many more to go, but being so strict for just one day hasn’t been as hard as I feared. I’m sure I’ll appreciate tomorrow’s food even more than usual. Hoping that now I know I can get through a day on so few calories, I won’t feel the need to consume as much as I used to on non-fasting days.
    Thanks for the encouragement.

That is good to hear F2F,
    Isn’t it great to find something so straightforward that can become a sustainable part of life and bring such good benefits!

Good luck on your journey! I’m starting this again on Monday and I’m determined to stick with it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.