Starting tomorrow!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  turquoise1430 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I am excited to be starting tomorrow.
    I have a question: if I’ve been doing low carb and paleo, should i stick to those foods and not add in restricted foods for fear of gaining?
    Has anyone else gone from low carb to this and how did it go?
    Thanks!

Hi:

As 5:2 is calorie based, not food type, you can eat the types of food you want. However, carbs tend to help the body retain water, so if you start eating carbs when you have not been eating them you initially may see little weight loss, or even a gain, until everything evens out and the scales start reflecting your fat loss.

It is up to you. Here are some tips for those just starting 5:2: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/

Good Luck!

turquoise1430, on 5:2 we are each free to follow our own food preferences and own ideas about what constitutes healthy eating. There are people who eat low-fat, there are vegetarians, there are people who avoid refined foods or starchy foods or sugary foods, and people who avoid nothing in particular, all doing 5:2 for weight loss or health benefits. It can be combined with whatever approach works for you. Both low carb eating and intermittent fasting help to control blood sugar and insulin levels, so you might not need to do both, the only way to find out is to try IF with and without low-carb eating and see how your own body responds to each situation.

Thanks to you both! Here’s to the first day 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.