Starting tomo..Are fast days really that bad to start with?!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Starting tomo..Are fast days really that bad to start with?!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• I plan to start my fasting tomo and feeling but apprehensive. It’s taken me ages to actually start as I’m a bit afraid of being faint or feeling poorly on it.
    Ideally I want to do 2 days fast then 5 low carb high fat…anyone else doing this??
    Could really be done with some support on this forum I think!

Your going to have to have a bit of will power involved as well. Tough it out for about a month. After that it gets a lot easier. Try and get rid of your worst sugary treat/snack and replace it with piece of fruit like an apple. You want low carb, just eat lots of veggies (no potatoes). As the add says, just do it and then write back and tell everyone. Good luck.

Joolza, hide the snack food! I mean it. Get rid of it or put it in a suitcase at the back of the closet. That way it won’t tempt you. Even ‘healthy snacks’ like nuts — hide them on Fast Days.
    We Fast at 600 calories 2 non-consecutive days/week, and have done so for 5 years. Husband lost 45 pounds and kept it off. He was not a life-long dieter and has scant will-power, but he did it. So can you if you have your goal in mind.
    Why 2 Fasts in a row? Water Fasts or Fasts with food? I’d be nervous about 2 BtB total fasts, too!
    lean protein is our key to feeling full longer: eggs for breakfast, seafood/chicken breast for dinner. Plan your meals and be sure you have the ingredients you need in advance.

This is a really good meal and there is a lot of it:
    Feta Nicoise Salad: 243 calories 6.0 g fat 2.2 g fiber 15.8 g protein 25 g carbs 244 mg Calcium PB GF There is a lot of food on this plate – bring your appetite.
    1.5 romaine leaves OR 1 cup lettuce, sliced cross-ways ¼ cup green beans 1 scant cup cucumber OR zucchini, diced 1/2 c feta cheese, crumbled or diced 1.5 black olives, quartered 1 tsp flavorful olive oil 1 tsp white wine vinegar
    Steam the green beans, cool and set aside. Slice the romaine crosswise into 1” strips. Prepare the other ingredients as described. Pour the oil and vinegar into a wide, shallow bowl and whisk briskly. Put all the other ingredients in the bowl and toss gently to coat with dressing. Welcome to southern France for fine dining.

Good luck.

Joolza, make sure you keep busy on fast days. If you feel peckish and good drink of water will help. Don’t sip it, as advised, but slug it do it does fill your tum!

A couple of satsumas makes a great dessert, as they take ages to peel and de-pith ( if that’s a word).

Well worth doing! I intended to lose a stone because my knee was painful. I lost two stone. 28lbs,

I’m on day 1 as well, and to be honest, I haven’t found it too bad. I normally have a cup of tea first thing in the morning, but swapped it with a glass of water. I had my tea at 11am when I had my morning tea break at work. I intentionally left the building during my lunch break to get some vegetables for the family for dinner and managed the supermarket without having any treats, but had a cuppa soup to sip on when I got back from lunch. Then at afternoon tea had an orange as a snack. Dinner is a frozen meal that I know is well within my allowed calories. I’ve been running to the toilet lots with all the liquid I’ve been drinking but I can deal with that! Hope your day is going well!

Joolza, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I just had to decide I was going to do it and that was that. Be sure to drink liquids when you’re thirsty. And include a little salt if you feel headachy. (Not too much) If you’re doing 500/600 calorie FD, that is usually enough to keep you from feeling too deprived. Some people here prefer doing water fasts. It eliminates the decisions over what to eat. Whichever approach is easier for you. This way of eating is so flexible. You’ll likely settle into your own routine after a few weeks.

How did it go, Joolza? Did you take the plunge? I’ll bet it wasn’t as difficult as you feared it would be.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.