Starting the 5:2 for the first time this Thursday

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Starting the 5:2 for the first time this Thursday

This topic contains 55 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  fffrancesca 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 51 through 56 (of 56 total)

• Hi Bigbird,
    welcome to the group.
    I can’t really tell you about long-term effectiveness, as I am a relative newbie (started 2.5 weeks ago, and last week I was very unwell so ate little when not fasting, but also closer to 800 cal on fasting days).

In my opinion, if 800 calories work better and are less exhausting, you should probably go for that. I have decided that if I really can’t cope with 500, I will allow myself up to 800 but not more. That reduces the stress and it gives you some room for manoeuvre. It doesn’t have to be either 500 or 800, it can be any in between and the benefits are still there (that’s, again, my opinion – just trying not to stress myself out!).

Also, eating mostly proteins and vegs seems to work really well with me. Vegs don’t bring in many calories and proteic food makes you last for much longer.

Hope this helps! Fasting-me or any of the others surely have more advice.

Bigbird, even tho I’m a woman, I eat 600 calories on a Fast Day. 500 does sound low. You know you can do this, Big, but remember that it must become a Way of Life or the weight will come back..

Glad you are saving $$ as well as losing weight, Angie!

Good job planning ahead, Ffrancesca. One of the keys to success.

Glad you are joining us, Typhoo. Hope you find wonderful things to do with all that spare time.

Marion, hope getting a handle on your pain will make it possible to get on with Fasting in February.

Ger, I’ll be Fasting tomorrow. You too?

Hi thanks fffrancesca and fasting_me for the words of encouragement. Yes 500 calories are low, I’m also 6ft so I’m sure I can get away with a few more calories. I don’t need to lose too much but certainly want to lose a stone at least.. I did manage 500 calories on Tuesday. Another fast tomorrow so will see what happens. I and doing a 4:3 this week to try kick start things hopefully!!

Just so you keep it sustainable,Big.

Yesterday’s Fast was: Mediterranean Vegetable Scramble for breakfast. Beef Egg Rolls for dinner. good stuff.

Well done fasting-me.

Tomorrow is my 4th week. I’m not too inventive with my food: I seem to have found what keeps me happy and I’m concerned that if I change it won’t work! Plus I don’t have much time to think about recipes…
    Anyway, tomorrow I’ll try and see if I can pile up an evening pilates class on top of the fasting!

My 7th day of fasting. Funnily it started well, with me having my first food at 12:30, but that may have been a mistake because I ended up totally exhausted.
    Anyway, clocked in about 650 calories, which isn’t bad (but look forward to tomorrow’s breakfast!).

Viewing 6 posts - 51 through 56 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply.