Starting again

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fastinginberlin 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• I read the book several months ago and talked to my daughter who is a scientist then started the 5:2 way of living last March. I feel very fit and have no difficulty keeping to 500 cals on a fast day. I do drink some tea and coffee during the day, have an apple at about 2 pm and an evening meal of salad and a small piece of fish or chicken. However, something is not right as I have lost about 3 pounds in total. So, I think I need some help from all you lot out there who are succeeding and blogging about it. I have decided to keep a food and drink diary on the non fast days and take a daily walk.

Welcome Catey. This hasn’t happened to me yet, but there is a section on FAQ’s suggesting different methods of fasting if you aren’t losing weight fast enough. It seems as though you are doing everything right. Did you measure yourself, maybe there has been a change in your shape. Good luck and keep posting.

Hi Catey, I admire your perseverance! A couple of possibilities come to mind, one of them would be medications. Some of them cause weight gain and make it hard to lose. Another possibility would be eating too much on non-fasting days, or eating overall too little causing your metabolism to slow down. You didn’t write how much weight you wanted to lose. Keeping a diary for a couple of weeks is a great idea. Did you check your TDEE ?
    Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions. I did not do measuring because I am a coward. I take no medication and I am sure that I am not eating too little so it must be eating too much on fast days. I am 5′ 1″ and weigh 10st. I think I should average about 1200 per day to lose weight. I will start keeping a log using an app on my iPhone and see if that helps. I weighed 8 st when I got married but that was a long time ago so a loss of 20lbs would be good. I have always yearned to be pale, thin and interesting but have now concluded that this would not really suit my personality. I am more about passion, laughter and embracing life than fainting onto a carefully placed chaise longue. What is TDEE?

Hi Catey,
    you can check out your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) and also your body mass index here:

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-calories-on-a-non-fast-day/

Hope it helps!

P.S. Passion, laughter and embracing life sounds like a winner 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.