Starting 5:2 diet, suggestions

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Starting 5:2 diet, suggestions

This topic contains -1 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  LELE100 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hello all I am a 59 yr old female from the US. I suddenly in 3 months gained 20lbs not from eating too much since I did not change my diet at all. Not sure what happened.

I have tried Intermediate fasting using the 16:8 method along with 3 days a week weight lifting and 4 days a week of HIIT Cardio. Did not lose 1lb.

I am now going to try the 5:2 diet, and I have a couple of questions.

Do the fasting days need to be separated or can they be in a row?
    Could I do 2 fasting in a row and one extra day of fasting giving myself a regular day in between? Making it a 4:3?

I had a full wellness blood panel done that cost me $400, and of course my female hormones are all crazy since I am 7yrs post menopause. But the wellness Dr did put me on CJC 1295/Ipamorelin peptide injections, to help my growth hormone (egf-1) but again that is not helping.

Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Hi Lele100,

I have found the FAQ on the webpage to be really helpful and cover some of the questions you ask are covered.

You can access them here – https://thefastdiet.co.uk/michael-answers-frequently-asked-questions/

Hi Lele100,
    My personal approach is one fast day and at least two normal days in between, usually Mo & Th. I understand that you want quick results but staying on track in the long run is important too.
    (I am 62 and have lost 11 kg (24 lb says my measurement convert app) since April. Have done 5:2 before, dropped off, gained weight and am back on track, hopefully forever.)

Best of luck!

Hi Lele100,

For making it a sustainable way of life the recommendation is definitely NOT to do two fasting days in a row because that is psychologically very hard to maintain over a long period. I have tended to do Mon and Wed or Mon and Thur, but sometimes Tue and Thur, all depending on what I’m doing in any given week. I’ve almost never fasted on a Friday, and never on a Public Holiday, nor when I am on holiday.

You can certainly throw in some 4:3 weeks if you wish – I did occasionally when I first began, and a few times since if I thought things were slipping back a bit. However I always ensured I had a non-fasting day between each of the three to look forward to – so they would have been on Mod-Wed-Fri (the very, very rare times I fasted on a Friday).

So far after 9.5 years this has still been working for me, with the weight loss I was after occuring in the first 6 months.

I hope this helps and you are successful.

Thank you all for your responses

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.