Starting 04 Jan 2016 need some fast buddies :)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Starting 04 Jan 2016 need some fast buddies :)

This topic contains 84 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  Tennisannie 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 85 total)

• Hello im Kirsty im not new to 5:2 i done it last January and was very successful and i lost 2 stone or 28lbs 🙂 unfortunately i fell off the wagon in the summer and iv put half that weight back on so im back and more determined than every to reach my goal. Im 5ft2 and current weight is 10 stone 6 or 146lbs i want to get down to 8 stone 7 by July i think thats a pretty achievable goal 🙂 im fasting mondays and thursdays. I would love others to join this thread because i know how important the support of other fasters is it helped me so much on my last attempt at 5:2. Hope to hear from you soonxxxxxx

Hello, I’m really new to this and could do with some support too.

Hi Hazelkitten thanks for replying. So glad to hear from you 🙂 we can defo help each other out and make it easier 🙂

Hi hazel kitten,

I’m on the fast train from tomorrow. I’ve not done 5:2 before, well I dabbled and then got sidetracked. I need to lose 2.5-3 stone and I’m giving myself until my marathon on May 29th to lose 28lb. That’s 21 weeks away and I think do-able. I was going to try 4:3 for the first 6 weeks to give myself a kickstart X

Hi. I too am re-starting my efforts to lose some weight using 5-2. Lost a stone last year and then drifted off and put about half back. I’m male and 13st 8lb and 5ft 9in and need to lose at least a stone before mid April. I know the system works but a bit of willpower needed for first few fast days. My fast days are Mon and Thur. It would be nice to have some mutual support.

Hi Squeeler
    I think you may find 4-3 a bit too demanding. I would try 5-2 to start. It does work and if you are exercising as well the weight will fall off.

Hi Squeeler thanksfor joining the thread. Cant wait to see if you reach your goal by May. First fadt day for me tomorrow bring it on looking forward to it actually i felt great ladt time i was on 5:2. I will try my best to post everyday 🙂 what fast days are you going for??

Hello all and welcome:

Here is some information that will help you with 5:2 – it covers about 95% of the things that will come up as you lose weight with 5:2. It really works if you do it right! https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi papermaaker and welcome. Im so happy to hear from you all im also fasting Mon and thursday tomorrow is gonna be the hardest but feeling motivated 😊

Hi Kirsty. I too am 5ft 2ins and weigh 10st 4lbs. Have done 5:2 before and know it works for me, if I stick to it! December wasn’t a good month and I ate all the things I know will put weight on and they did. Tomorrow back on to 5:2 and Monday/Thursday will be my days. Good luck and keep posting.

Hello all. I too am starting this week and my fast days are going to be Tuesday and Friday. I am at my heaviest weight ever after the Christmas and New Year breaks so really need to start shifting some of that excess baggage.

Hello fellow 5:2er’s! Starting tomorrow as well. Lost 10 lbs back in August and have gained @ 5 back! 🙁 I just turned 66 yo and am 5’9″. Weigh @ 177 now. Need to get below 170. Will be joining all of you in your quest for reduced pounds and feeling extra energized and good about oneself. I know this diet works, just need to take that first step and start it. Monday’s and Thursday’s are the best days to fast, in my humble opinion. And dear Squeeler, I have to say that I agree with Papermaaker that the 4:3 may be too much to start off. Once you do the 5:2 for a few weeks, you could then go to the 4:3. That way you won’t set yourself up for feeling like you failed if the 4:3 is too much in the very beginning. Believe it or not, you will do just fine on the 5:2 plan. So, here’s to all of us trying to shed the weight of 2015 and be leaner and sexier in 2016!!

Thanks papermaker, my aim is to just get tomorrow over lol thanks though and I’ll just start the 5:2 and see how it goes.
    Hazel I’m going for Monday/Wednesday as I have running club on Thursdays.
    I’m so excited to start 👍

I’m ready to start this diet tomorrow 4th Jan
    I’m nearly 14st and would like to loose at least 2 stone…I’ve got a holiday booked in October going Dominican Republic and want to look my best.
    I’ve reduced my carbs before and lost 4 st in 2 months but wanting to try this now
    Will be good to have some buddies to help me through this and give me some helpful tips

Hi ya Kirstya86 and everyone else, best of luck! I’m 4 days in so far, and I’m not finding it too bad. Will be great to have support of others here.

I have a lot of weight to lose, I’m currently around 20 stone, and would like to shift all the extra weight for health reasons. Over a 10 year period my weight has varied by 8 stone, and I know how much better I feel once I have shifted all the weight. My ideal weight is around 13 stone. I work shifts and spend most of my working day sitting down. When combined with really bad eating and drinking habits, it’s a recipe for big weight gain. I am tired of weight loss diets that promise the world, but are impossible to follow long term. I really need a change of lifestyle, and a lifestyle plan rather than a diet. I think 5:2 seems the best fit for something I can stick to as a way of life rather than continuously being “on a diet”. With a bit of planning it can easily be planned into my week and work/home plans. I’m also giving up alcohol for January & February (although I will allow myself one day off of this as it’s my 40th towards the end of January!). This was something I was planning to do before I even considered 5:2, mainly as my wife is expecting our new baby on 1st February, and I can’t be getting up in the night when I have had a few glasses of wine!

Very early days, but I have the determination to really stick at this. Good luck everyone.

Hello all 🙂 I’m starting my fasting today for the first time – 4 Jan 2016. Have dieted all my life. Am over diets completely but strangely am looking forward to this method. I know my body has been begging me to give it a break from eating so this just seems to make sense. Here are my ‘stats’ 51 years old and only lightly exercise, 85 kgs and 159cm tall. My ideal goal is to be 175 cm, otherwise my real goal is to be 63 kgs. Thanks for starting off Kirsty, and am looking forward to sharing journey with everyone. Good luck !

Hi Grace and welcome:

Here are some tips that will help you be successful with 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/. Feel free to ask questions if they come up.

Good Luck!

Hi, I’m just starting this 5.2 business too. I’ve done my first fast day already and it was hard. I was hangry! Tomorrow is my next fast day and I’m looking forward to it strangely. I’m 40 and have been on a diet for 24 years. Time to get healthy. I’d like to lose 13kg which I think is about 25lb.
    Cheers
    Sarah x

hi if you keep at it, especially the first 4 weeks, it can make a real difference. I have re-connected to feeling hungry, its natural. I’ve been doing this constantly since April 2013. I have lost 22kg (48 pounds) and kept it off. I still fast 2 days a week, put on weight over holidays and Christmas, but loose it quickly again and it’s now a way of life. I am much more active, so my fitness is improving and this is helping with the weight loss also. This year the target is another 9kg to loose ( after the 3 I put on over Christmas). I think the secret was finding a diet that worked for me. I still weigh myself every day and write it in an old exercise book. I’m 55 and never felt better. But I committed to doing this for the rest of my life at the beginning, as most research says long term weight loss is very hard to accomplish. So I looked for the lifestyle change that would work for my life. I would only encourage everyone to try their best. David.

Good morning everyone. How are we all today? First fast day for me my plan is to skip breakfast have a small banana around lunch time and a tin of heinz big soup for dinner and lots and lots of water. This adds up to around 300cals but i keep 200 cals for my coffee which i cant live without and cant have it black so 200cals for my milk throughout the day. Good luck to anyone else fasting. Id love to hear what you all eat on fast days also for some tips. Im not going to weigh in this week my first weigh day will be fri 15th and then every fri after that

Morning All – first day fast on 5-2
    Got a shock this morning when I weighed in ( first after Christmas) at 13st 13lb(too many egg nogs over Christmas!!) so now need to lose more than I thought. Been for my swim ( advantage of being retired) and now for breakfast – 40g porridge oats with 100ml semi skimmed milk and some water, 20 g of frozen blueberries to give a bit of taste, total 230 cals so that leaves 370 for evening meal. Rest od day on black coffee and water.
    Unfortunately one disadvantage of retirement is spending too much time at home when weather is bad and there are too many tempting goodies in the kitchen and so today my son will get benefit of me doing some work at his house in order to minimise the temptations. Good fasting everyone. Today is the first day of the rest of your life, make it a good one.

Well I’ve weighed myself today and come in at 13st 7… Not as bad as I thought but still not great
    I’m really wanting to give this diet a good go and drop a few pounds
    Any tips?

Hi all!

Good luck to everyone – it’s great to share support and motivation!

After an impressive, but relatively short time, spent doing 5:2 last year, today is the start of a more permanent change.

I don’t have a lot to lose, but as soon as I stop, the weight creeps (pounces) back on, and this has been the only realistic thing I can stick to!

In terms of tips, Andrew, the boards have some great advice around them, but you’ll soon find out what works best for you!

Personally, I wait until lunch (as late as I can leave it), when I’ll have a max 200cal (soup or a salad) and then a 200cal dinner, and save the remaining 100cal for snacks / drinks.

My remaining 100 cal is spent on a piece of fruit usually after work and a 50cal WW yogurt after dinner and, although I try not to drink my calories, I enjoy tonic water / low cal hot chocolate in the evening.

Today for example is:
    135 cal WW’s veg soup
    9 cal Hartley’s jelly
    70cal apple
    100cal Half a jacket potato (ish, will weigh when cooking)
    20cal small salad
    44cal 4 slices wafer thin ham
    55cal WW yogurt
    40cal Hot choc
    =473

What’s everyone else planning on eating?

Thank you for your help…be great to slim down again ready for my holiday

Hi all & great to see so many of us on this posting. My husband also doing this plan which is great because we encourage each other and it works for us. The main thing we enjoy when planning, cooking & eating our food is to make sure that it is that is is tasty.

Today’s food is:

25gms branflakes
    bowl of homemade butternut squash & sweet potato soup
    satsuma
    salmon, fine beans & carrots
    skimmed milk for cereal and coffee/tea, no sugar
    two crackers for supper if hungry

Have a badminton match tonight which helps in burning up extra calories and keeping away from the kitchen!

Completely new to the 5:2 diet but have decided to give it a go to become healthier in the new year. First day of fasting today and so far so good! It’s nice to have. A support forum such as this!

Good afternoon all.. this is my third try on the fast diet – first tried it in 2014 and was very successful in losing 21 pounds, and was very happy with my results but I plateaued and lost willpower and gained all the weight back. After some serious over indulgence at Christmas I am now back on day 1 and hoping to be under 10 stone by May.

Haven’t eaten today and intend to save my calories for sushi dinner tonight. Currently sipping a coffee and feeling not too bad.

Good luck!

Hi all! I started today with my first fast day.

I’m 5ft7″ and 167lbs aiming to get down to around 135, but I’m trying to focus more on how well my clothes fit, energy levels, how healthy I feel etc.

I think I’ll give fasting until dinner time a go rather than eating several smaller meals during the day.
    I live a sedentary life but am currently doing the couch to 10k running programme and intend to incorporate some yoga and weight lifting into my week as well.

So far today dusting and having a general tidy up has helped me get past the lunchtime hunger pangs!

Hi all, I’d love to join you, great to hear such enthusiasm. I restarted on 1 Jan after usual Christmas overeating (started 5:2 last Nov and lost 9lbs before Christmas struck). I’m 51, 5ft 4 and 11st 4 lbs – want to be at least a stone lighter, 9st something in my wildest dreams. I came down with bronchitis on 2 Jan – horrible but the upside is I have no appetite so am on my 3rd fast day of 2016 and have lost the 3lbs Xmas weight! Also hoping the fasting is sending my body into repair mode and aiding recovery. Good luck with all your fasting.

Hi everyone

Just read through all the posts and feeling encouraged to join in. I’ve done this diet before and lost a lot of weight, but have regained it all and more. My plan is to lose 3 stone with diet and exercise. Planning to fast Tuesdays and Fridays.

I think this forum will be very helpful. Giving and getting support will make all the difference.

Thanks everyone for being here and good luck with the diet.

I’ve just woken up on fast day #2. For breakfast I’ll have a cuppa tea and a boiled egg, then tomato soup for lunch and crackers with vegemite for dinner. This is abut 350 cals, so I can have a piece of fruit and another cup of tea if I need it at afternoon tea time. I’m trying to resist weighing myself until Saturday but I was able to do up my painting pants last night which I couldn’t do last week, so that’s a good sign!

Hi Lana Susana
    Is that the Options 40 cal Hot Choc in your list for today. I use that as a treat as well but of course as a male I have an extra 100 cals to play with. Just had my tea , 2 poached eggs and apiece of whole meal toast.I now have 75 cals to use plus my HOT CHOC.
    Good fasting.

Hi new to this diet , have been on and off diets throughout my life I am 45 years old
    5ft 3 and 9st 2 would love to lose a good half a stone and get to my weight prior to stopping smoking , also aiming to exercise daily doing areopilates
    Fast days will be mon Thursday
    Looking forward to getting fit and lean for my upcoming holiday
    Any tips greatly appreciated

Hi, I started on this diet two years ago and have slipped up over the last 9 months. I’m 5’2″ and at 10 stone. I’ve gained it all back, had 2 knee replacements and felt sorry for myself! Would like to be at 9 stone by mid March. Just did my first fast day on Saturday. Will be fasting on Sunday and Wednesday each week. I already feel better just having some control after 2 months of holiday parties and baking. I’m American, and we have Thanksgiving and Christmas to deal with, I’m ready to move on!

Hi Guys,
    I’m Kim. I live in Florida and I’m new to the 5:2. Just started today but tomorrow will be my first “fast” day. I am used to fasting, just not using the 5:2 method so this should be interesting. I weigh 206lbs and I’m hoping to get down to 160 by the time my trip to London comes up later this year. Good luck to everybody. Its really inspiring to hear how much weight people have lost on the various forums.

Well everyone first fast nearly over 😊 Im very hungry but going to bed soon so very happy and feeling accomplished yayyyyy!!! Hope you all managed your fasts today and good luck to those fasting tomorrow

Hi Papermaaker,

It was actually the Cadbury’s Highlights hot chocolate in Caramel flavour, although it’s nearly done and the Options Mint flavour is next! I really enjoy something sweet in the evenings, and so this is a great way to get that fix.

Well done to everyone who got through yesterday, and good luck for the rest of the week! =]

My fast days are going to be Wednesday and Sunday wish me luck

Good luck Andrew

First fast day done yesterday, good day, 2 lbs off from start weight, though know this can go up again!. Busy today and though not a fast day will still be watching what I eat. Husband is attempting Dry January but at this time I’ve decided not to drink alcohol Monday to Friday, really don’t drink much anyway but it will all help. Great to see so many on this forum and wish everyone good luck. Keep posting!

Well done barbara58. I would like to think I might be able to do the same as your husband in his dry January, but I do miss a glass of red wine and so maybe your Mon to Fri alcohol free is a better bet.

and good luck Andrew, make 2016 your year. I had my first day yesterday and didn’t find it too difficult.
    Keep going everyone, early days but hardest bit is making a start.

A little tip for anyone with a sweet tooth. Marshmallows are great for those sweet cravings and are very low in cals if im feeling like i really want something sweet 2 or 3 marshmallows do the trick and take the craving away. For a savoury snack pistachios are fab i find them quite sickening so a small handful is more than enough for that salty kick 😊

Just starting again…in earnest this time! Really inspired by my 40+ daughter who has changed shape gradually over the last year or so. I would like to bring down my weight and keep it down due to possible problems with hips and knees in the future. In the autumn I really began to regain my waist so, after an overindulgent Christmas it is time to stop the alcohol and start the fasting again!
    Thanks for any tips, ideas for meals…..

Hello, I’m new to this so need a little support! I’m 182cm tall and 85kg, heavier than I’ve ever been and would love to get back to being 73/74kg.

I completed my first fast day yesterday and will fast again on Thursday, but had a bad headache in the evening despite drinking lots of water during the day. Also doing dry January. Feeling positive and nice to know there are others out there going through the same things!

Well done for yesterday, Plum!
    Sorry to hear about the headache, I sometimes get these too in the evenings, which is the hardest time for me.

I’m still working out what works best for me, but I try to have some calories left over for an evening snack, and also keep drinking plenty; tonic water, fruit tea, normal tea and hot chocolate are my go-to evening drinks. Trying to keep busy also helps take my mind off it (the headache and the hunger!), or else giving up and having an early night!

I’m trying to cut out as much sugar as possible at the moment, but thanks for the marshmallow tip, Kirsty, definitely worth a try! Just have to remember I can’t eat the whole bag…

I’ve had to tweak a couple of things so far. No running on a fast day, even after dinner which means I’ve had to move my exercise days around a bit.

I think I’ve been doing ok with food. Breakfast today was porridge with agave, banana and raisins as I’m trying to drastically cut my sugar intake and it just about satisfies my cravings.

Fast day #2 coming up tomorrow!
    How’s everyone else finding it so far?

This is not one of my fast days but I happened to try the Spag. Bol. recipe from the Fast Diet Book (without the pasta but with cauliflower and broccoli).
    Must say it was quite filling and less than 300 calories in total but as it wasn’t a fast day the glass of red wine to accompany it went down very well. I would leave out,however, the mixed spice in future dishes.
    Just thought I would share my thoughts on this dish for what they are worth.
    Second fast day of the week tomorrow. Hope it goes as well as the first day on Monday.
    Hope everyone is sticking in there.

Thanks for the tip papermaaker. 2nd fast day today for me feeling good. Manged to eat pretty healthy on non fast days so far aswell. Made a big pot of veg and lentil soup last night so can have a bowl for lunch and for dinner and still have calories left over for a piece of fruit tonight if i need it. Good luck to all of you fasting today

2nd fast day for me too, slightly nervous as my headache from day 1 lasted until yesterday, so I don’t want it to come back again, however, I’ve had plenty of water already and I’m going to have a coffee this morning as I would normally but without the milk. Starting to feel ever so slightly more energetic already and positive about things despite the dark dismal day outside!

Hi all. One week in how did you do? I lost 2lbs & on a fast day today.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply.