Started fast diet support group in my area!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  JenniM 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Hi everyone! Hope you are all well and thanks for taking the time to read my post! I just wanted to share and gain opinion on the 5:2 support group I have up and running.

Thanks to the life changing fast diet, I am 51lb lighter! 3 stone 9lb to be exact. I started the 5:2 thanks to a chance meeting through work. I started the very next day! Having read the book, browsing the forums and feeling completely euphoric about this way of life, I decided I wanted to share how I felt and hoped other people would too! I contacted my local paper in the hope they would help me promote my group. They decided to run a wee story on my success( eek!) and low and behold, what a response! This will be week 3 of the group and the lovely people are just loving it! I have stressed it’s not a class, definitely no weigh ins but an opportunity to share recipes, tips and most of all encouragement. The first evening I brought two days worth of what a fasting day could consist of meal wise.This was very welcomed to say the least! Week 2, lots of tips and suggestions were flying round the room! Just what I had hoped for!

Anyway, here I am being completely euphoric and rambling about the 5:2……. Can’t help myself!!! So hey, we have all those classes out there that isn’t for us fast dieters, so hence the group! Anybody know how I can bottle how I feel and sell it?! I would be a millionaire!!!

I love your positive vibe! And well done for spreading the word! 🙂

Och thanks so much Steph! Really kind of you to say that! I just love this new way of life! How are you getting on?

Hi AngelaD, what a great idea! How many are in your group at the moment? Congratulations on your weight loss and an inspiration to your group. 🙂 🙂

AngelaD, I’m currently on a 14:14 feasting fortnight in Spain :-). Up until this point, though, I had been making very slow but definite progress. Will be ready to get back in the 5:2 saddle the first Monday back after my hol!

Wow! I wish I had a support group near me! I am so done with my Weight Watchers support group. The same old tired information week in and week out. No wonder the CEO resigned last week…it is nowhere as effective as 5:2 and they are losing money.

What I wouldn’t give to have a 5:2 support group near me. I love this way of eating…I refuse to call it a diet. Congratulations!

Serenity, hey there! Thanks so much for your lovely message! How are you getting on with the 5:2? I’m anticipating over 20 this week! It’s such great fun and a brilliant way for folk to meet other 5:2 ers! We pay £1 each for the room and what’s left over is being saved up for a Christmas night out. Just thought as some people don’t get the opportunity for a night out at Christmas, this would be an added bonus! Thanks so much again for taking the time to send a wee message!!

Oh lucky you Steph, sounds just fab ha! Enjoy every minute of it!!! I think slow is good too! Least you know it’s coming off and just how you feel in yourself is an added bonus!! How’s the weather in Spain at the moment?! Well jealous! Ha! Imagine how good you will feel with a tan and a few pounds less! Wohooo!

Veggal, hey there!!!! Thanks for your reply!!! You know, I think lots of people are feeling how you are right now with diet groups! They are paying all that money with little results to show for it!!! I love your attitude to the 5:2! Bring it on! Why don’t you start a wee group up? It’s so rewarding and I’m sure by the sound of your enthusiasm, you would be a great ambassador !!!

Hi Andela D
    I am wondering where your support group is? I’d love to join one. I am desperate to loose some weight.
    I’ve tried weight watchers and slimming world where I initially lost a few pounds then put it back on and more.
    I feel inspired by your story.
    I’ll look forward to hearing from you.
    Jennifer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.