Springing Up – March 2020 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Springing Up – March 2020 Challenge

This topic contains 674 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  dykask 4 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 676 total)

• Day 10 Canada NFD

This month is going so well, no fasting but loads of xc skiing, gym work and focusing on increasing my iron levels. Plus my 30 day meditation challenge. Never felt better but will be back to fasting next month!!

@snowflake56 it is so great to see you back!I hope that your BP comes down, I found that meditative breathing really helps. I was getting anxious about the results and getting high readings, now I spend 5 minutes controlling my breathing and relaxing and it is fine.

@saffy420 scales are silly. I can weigh less after lunch than I did first thing in the morning 🙂

Stay healthy everyone!

Day 10 – UK – CD

Yesterday went well and I consider it a CD at 990 calories.

Today was intended to be a FD but I genuinely forgot it was Tuesday, so I’m making it another CD. On my MFP it’ll be around 990 cals. I will make tomorrow a FD.

Scales gave a nice surprise and showed a little loss at 143lbs.

Take care & stay safe.

Day 10 UK CD

Feeling better today after a day in bed. I think my body is carrying something, but definitely not flu-y. I turned yesterday’s FD into a CD with stewed apple and custard, but felt the benefit!

We’re already 1/3 way through our Springing Up: March challenge. Some of us feeling really challenged by health, work or loss of will power; others have reset or continued strong. It’s always a good day to hit the reset button – every day, every choice can make a difference.

My inbox this week has been full of friends having tough times through bereavement, cancer, sickness, anxiety or loss. I’m particularly mindful of the fragility and gifts of life today. Whatever your day brings, go gently.

@snowflake56 lovely to see you back
    @daffodil2010 happy anniversary for tomorrow

Day 10 Canton OH CD

I feel a bit under the weather; lethargic, achy, alternating between feeling hot and cold, headache, eye ache and tooth ache – oh my. I left work early yesterday and spent all day in bed. I did not feel like eating and so I didn’t.

I decided to terminate my WF at 36 hours while I ride this out- I am usually a bit spacey on extended WF even when I am healthy so this seems to be the prudent thing to do. I feel a bit better after drinking a cup of hot chocolate so it was probably the right thing for me to do

@dykask how long have you had that cold? I hope you feel better soon

@snowflake56 have you been able to discuss your BP trends with your doctor?

Don’t know if fears of the Coronavirus were to blame but my local Walmart was practically empty when I did my weekly shopping last Friday. It was surreal, it is usually packed full of people. It felt a little apocalyptic but I was happy to wander around in peace, and check out was a breeze – no lines.

@i hate lettuce, what a great idea – Cruise prices are super low right now; you probably got a really good deal

@daffodil2010 thanks for doing the responsible thing

@sarah57 probably best to cancel those trips

This is the first year in about 7 years that I did not make summer plans for travel, and it was only because we have a couple graduations, a milestone birthday and a wedding to travel to. I decided not to add on another family trip to the mix and I am thankful for that right now.

Stay safe everyone, wash your hands, and don’t touch your face.

Day 10 USA (Illinois) FD

Tooth extraction & dental implant surgery went well – Novocaine wearing off now, so some pain, but not bad. Will just be liquids all day today, so a good day for a FD. Joining the pocket list:

Today’s pocket list
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @cateaus
    @sarah57
    @flourbaby
    @saffy420
    @emerald32
    @ccco
    @songbirdme

@basyjames – sure hope your illness is temporary.

Onward & downward.

Day 10 UK NFD

Quick check in. NFD but going well and staying controlled. Have booked a trip to Margaret River with my daughter, son in law and toddler grandson when we go to Perth in April. Hopefully will still be able to travel then!

Second post

Probably the toughest FD ever. Think because I chomped like a porker for 3 days before. Sugar does that! Really hungry since 11. But I’ve had the 500 now and cleaned teeth. Think I will make it now but was in great doubt this afternoon.

@flourbaby thank you for adding me to the pocket list. I needed to be on there! Have read posts from time to time to pull me through. Hope your eye infection gets better soon.

@basyjames hope you feel well soon. Look after yourself.

Hello all:
    I’m not on the challenge this month…..giving it a bit of a rest as I long ago lost sight of the wagon!
    @betsylee: I’m fine, thanks….just lurking.
    @snowflake56: Good to see you are back and feeling better.
    @flourbaby: Not staying that dry….it just never stops raining, does it?

Keep strong and well everyone. Apparently vitamin D and zinc is good to ward off viruses xx

Day 10 UK FD
    Quick check-in

Today’s pocket list
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @cateaus
    @sarah57
    @flourbaby
    @saffy420
    @emerald32
    @ccco
    @songbirdme
    @helen285

Day 11, FD!!! Aus

I’m gunna need that pocket list today. I had another shocking night’s sleep and I know that’s a risk factor for me the day after…

I’m with some of you of not thinking about any holiday plans in the immediate future but I’m a little envious of you @Ihatelettuce locking something in. Nice to look forward to a little cruise or two!

Day 11 Pocket list
    @penz
    @judyjudes (in anticipation! You’ve got to now…)

Day 11, Tasmania, Aus CD
    Yesterday’s FD went well for me & I’m going to try having 1200 cals today as I’m not particularly hungry.
    Sending well wishes to those that are under the weather. Take good care of yourselves.
    All the best to today’s fasters 🙂

Day 10 Ohio, US — NFD ( 61 bites)

The NFD went well and I stayed on target all day.

@penz Right now I’d like to travel this summer, but after having had to cancel a week in Rome, my plans are amorphous, to say the least.

@ciren2 I discovered that I apparently have high levels of vitamin D by taking some and that gave me a flare-up of acne! I do use zinc when I feel an infection coming on and that has always been beneficial.

@mia139 It’s really hard to guess how travel will be impacted. Here the university I’m taking a course at has temporarily suspended in-class meetings and for a while all instruction will be done online. Right now it’s spring break, so that gives the faculty a few days to figure out how to do that. Next week I’ll be a telecommuting student! The big question is for how long that will be my status and right now that’s anyone’s guess.

@songbirdme Hope your dental recovery is quick and complete!

Day 6-11 – NFDs – France 🇫🇷
    Impossible to fast on a ski trip🎿 or to stay off sugar and alcohol… I’ll be working hard next week I know that for sure.. the options here are just too yummy ♥️ ….
    I did make one wise choice yesterday… and will try again today… great times catching up with friends particularly with all the bad news in the world right now…
    I’m not getting to read posts but I hope you are all getting on well…
    Have a good day all!
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 11, Emden Germany, NFD

@ciren2 how nice you’re still around. Just see how it goes and staqy safe and dry.

@betsylee and @basyjames my husband is an internist/nephrologist. I never had a stable BP, I derail once in a while, we don’t know why it happens. We’re adjusting the medication at the moment. Last year I had a few months with hardly any medication, the BP doesn’t go down with weight loss unfortunately. I measure when I wake up, then again in the middle of the day when I drank a lot (mostly normal BP), stop drinking at 6 p.m and measure again when in bed reading. The problem is the high BP in the evening. It will go down eventually but it’s not very healthy to be so high. I might be drinking too much, I did 90 quats yesterday!

It’s a lovely day today, the sun is shining, I have to get out of bed, dance class at 9 a.m and this evening at 8 p.m. In between we plan to clean up the garden, it’s a bit messy after all the wind we had lately.

Have a nice day and stay safe everyone!

Day 11 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Scales are kind. Today it tells me I have lost my holiday weight. Now Zi need to lose Christmas weight, then last years holiday weight!!!

Not fir the next couple of days though. Out for wedding anniversary dinner tonight, then a little day trip with lunch tomorrow (our actual anniversary). Then it’s Friday again 😱

Happy Hump Day everyone. It’s all day by day, that’s all we can do.

Day 11 Melb Aust FD

Doing okay so far, about 400 cals and that’s it for the day.

@ciren2, glad you’re okay, and still lurking

@songbirdme, hope you’re recovering well from your dental work.

@basyjames, hope you;re feeling better now

Keep on keeping on everyone!

Day 11 – UK – FD

Good Morning All

All is good this end. Stayed on track yesterday. Today, I’m splitting my 500 cals into 2 meals (actually adds up to 507 on MFP) A bowl of home made vegetable soup for a late lunch and and chicken salad this evening.

Take care & stay safe

Day 11 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

B2BFDx3 today, I know I’ve ground to make up from weekend! Didn’t manage much of a walk today, doing the finishing touches to last weeks building work, I managed the ‘knocking things to bits’ stage ok, the rebuild not bad, now the fiddly panting/decoration and making it pretty! Not hard work but time consuming, keeping me indoors, which I’m not keen on.

@daffodil2010 – glad you enjoyed your holiday and the weight gain has gone, that’s one of the bits of 5:2 I particularly like. Enjoy a holiday, including food wine etc, get home, jump on the wagon, couple of weeks or so, back to pre holiday weight!

@penz – Yes we plan 12 months ahead for our cruises, we get the best price and choices. It might seem a long way off, but this year we have the holidays/cruises we planned last year! Love retirement, we spent all our lives so far working hard and saving for retirement, luckily we got here and now making the most of it.

@jaifaim – enjoy your ski trip and the ‘apres ski’

Take care all

Day 11 Pocket list

@i-hate-lettuce
    @betsylee
    @penz
    @judyjudes

Day 11 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@daffodil2010 – happy anniversary, enjoy the dinner!

Happy Hump Day! 🐫 🐪

Pocket List – Day 11 🍒
    @penz
    @betsylee
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie

2nd Post – Day 11

Pocket List – Day 11 🍒
    @penz
    @betsylee
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 11 Sussex Uk NFD

And phew. Need to work at keeping controlled on NFDs as don’t fancy doing 3×500 again…

@jaifaim enjoy j’nai faim pas and lovely France

@Ihatelettuce good plan re holidays. We need to be a bit more organised for next year.

Day 11 UK FD

Forgot to post – Will catch up later
    Pocket List – Day 11 🍒
    @penz
    @betsylee
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle

Day 11, UK FD

I’m trying a b2b today. Yesterday we booked to go to a cottage in Wales from Saturday for 4 days – close to Snowdonia so there should be some nice walking choices. So I need to be prepared. It’s only an hour or so from here but some last minute changes to DHs work rota meant he had a run of days off. In these uncertain times we thought we’d do it now rather than in a few weeks when who knows how things will stand.

@songbirdme thanks for that link – it might come in handy over the next few weeks.

Pocket List – Day 11 🍒
    @penz
    @betsylee
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @saffy420

Happy Wednesday everyone.

Day 11 UK CD

Yesterday’s CD slipped into EFS w chocolate. putting me c500 calories over TDEE! I knew it was a mistake to “get some in in case I’m in self-isolation!” 😀 Live & learn – all over again!

Finally starting a day with yoga & meditation – it’s the first day this month I’ve woken up not feeling yuck. Everything else follows so much more easily when making space for sleep, water, fasting, and beginning the day with yoga & meditation.

Today I’m in town for meetings. I’m leaving before lunchtime and out thru til past supper. I’m going to take some fruit, hummus & carrot sticks out with me and remember to drink plenty of water.

It’s beginning to feel different culture every time I go out and into town. Churches are changing regular practices, conferences are being cancelled, transport is emptying out and shops are having runs on ordinary food as people build up their store cupboards. it feels important to keep connections, build community and make careful choices – but also an opportunity to realise our interdependance and look out for each other.

Friends online are frightened about going to London and getting sick – for those of us who live here it’s about finding a way to do what we need to. I had years of being largely housebound so a couple of weeks at home feels very doable if I have to, tho I hope not to get sick. I run a good store cupboard generally & could easily eat soups made w dried lentils & beans, & work thru the piles of frozen fruit I foraged last summer that I still haven’t made into vinegars & chutneys!

Enjoy your holidays @jaifaim @emmataylor and all who are taking time out to celebrate life & friends – this is a way of life, after all!
    @flourbaby @daffodil2010 you are fab examples of enjoying life and getting back to work.
    @ciren2 stay dry!
    @snowflake56 stay well
    @dykask @basyjames @songbirdme hope you feel better v soon
    @at hope all went well with the funeral last week – thinking of you and sending gentle hugs x

Yay to everyone who is doing well so far this month. HOld fast those of you (us!) who aren’t there yet. We can do this – one small decision at a time. There’s not better time to start than today x

Monday’s FD went quite well. I was on track to do 500 but was absolutely ravenous in the evening so went up to just under 800. Yesterday, a NFD and I was under TDEE.

Today, It’s another FD and I’m saving most of my calories for a meal early evening: baked cod, tomato salsa, cabbage, boiled potatoes. Drinking water and black coffee/ tissane helps to fill me up and I might eat a mini mandarin if feeling light-headed.

I feel as if I’m back into this now and in many ways, the FDs are the easiest part. It’s the rest of it which is more difficult, especially trying to eat enough protein if you don’y eat a lot of meat!

On a positive note, I weighed myself yesterday morning and was thrilled to find I was 2.5kg less than my starting weight! Yes, I know quite a bit of this is water but it’s still a big motivation.

Good luck for all of your FDs.

Day 11 Canton OH FD
    I feel less achy and tired today and more like myself. Thank you all for your concern. Fluids and self-care much needed, and I think I will ease up on water fasting for now, I will continue those next week.
    Stay strong people

Day 11 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Day 10 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD

Visited mum yesterday so no real activity.
    Today I’ve woken with the sniffles. Just hoping it’s only a cold.
    Having a quiet day catching up with all my lists. I’m a listaholic. I have list of what to buy, what to do, where to go walking etc. It’s especially useful when planning to go away as I’m always worried ill forget something important. Probably part of the control freak in me 🙂
    @michelinme & @basyjames – hope you’re both feeling better
    @penz – glad you enjoyed it
    @dykask – look after yourself.
    @ciren2 – glad you’re well, I miss your weather reports 😉
    @jaifaim – enjoy your trip and stay well
    @daffodil2010 & Clemmi– well done on the weight loss

2nd post

Had to go grocery shopping today at Lidl’s, the shop was well stocked, no panic buyers. Perhaps this will change when the first virus shows up. Life hasn’t changed here yet but it will come.

Someone here wrote about doing a 30 day meditation challenge? Can’t find the post atm. but would be interested to hear more about it. I never did any meditation or yoga until now. Perhaps I should change that.

@basyjames good to hear you’re feeling a bit better by now.
    @clemmi great result!

@i-hate-lettuce that sounds nice, planning cruises for next year.

@michelinme it’s interesting, suddenly I got my motivation back.

@daffodil2010 have a nice dinner tonight!

@jaifaim enjoy France!

3rd post

I found it, it was @bellyblast. Could you tell me more about it?

Day 11, London, UK, NFD,

Wow, I completely forgot to post today! Still off work with my eye, so painful and pretty gross to look at!!

Anyway, yesterday’s FD was more of a CD, my mojo truly deserts me when I’m at home, today will be another CD as I’m working from home and have kept busy today. Although I haven’t eaten much, choices were poor ……………. 4 biscuits & a mocha!! I’m off to have my soup for dinner, it could have been a FD …………. Doh!!!

I hope everyone is doing well, I’m still feeling fat & frumpy and expecting instant results from fasting …………… Patience grasshopper, patience!

Onward & downwards folks!!

Day 11 USA (Illinois) NFD

Yesterday’s FD following dental work was quite easy. Had a small piece of leftover meatloaf, Schwan’s mashed potatoes, cottage cheese with a few sliced peaches. If MFP was right, 480 calories, and all easy to negotiate chewing.

Thanks for your kind wishes and support — @suki2 @flourbaby @snowflake56 @matpi @betsylee @michelinme
    — hope I didn’t miss anyone, but this groups is so wonderfully supportive.

@snowflake56 -great to see you back.

@jaifaim – hope you really enjoy your ski trip. Doesn’t look like we will make it back to Utah this season to ski, a favorite place. The mountains are smaller than Colorado but yet big enough (bigger than where we learned on the hills of Wisconsin). Enjoy the food and ambiance too!

@clemmi – congratulations on your great progress!

@daffodil2010 – Happy anniversary, dear Daffodil ♫♪♫ happy anniversary to you!

Onward and downward.

Day 11UK NFD

A good day today. Trying really hard to stick with the plan this month and so far so good!

Good luck to all fasters this week.

Day 11, md US, NFD

It’s been a week of NFDs, traveled to see family and back home now with a ruptured ear drum. Painful and must say traveling in this pandemic was strange. This weekend is our wedding anniversary and want to feel better as we head out of town for an overnight. Hopefully all is back on track for fasting next week, tho I continue to do my 16/8 each day which is working well. Believe I am losing inches!

Day 11 Ohio, US — NFD (61 bites)

The NFD has gone well, but I definitely feel very tired today. The last couple of weeks of February saw me getting run down, so I’m hoping this is just catch up time.

@cavanya Good progress with the inches lost! A while back I had an inner ear injury from flying, so I can empathize with you! Hope you get feeling in the pink of health for the anniversary celebration!

@songbirdme Your comment on the hills of Wisconsin made me smile. Right after school I moved to Portland, Oregon with Mt. Hood nearby. It took almost 6 months for it to dawn on me that what I had been thinking was Mt. Hood was actually just a foothill at the bottom of the mountain. That foothill was about the same size as the “mountains” I was familiar with from the East Coast, and so I saw what I expected to see, not what was really there!

@flourbaby Hope your eye heals up very fast!

Here’s a start for the Day 12 pocket list:
    @matpi

Day 12, NFD, Aus

Not experiencing PFDS so much as post FD relief. I’ve done it! Got one under my belt (or nothing under my belt actually!) Had a much better night’s sleep too. Related? Maybe.

Happy (belated) anniversary @daffodil2010 – hope you had a lovely celebratory dinner.

Bit late in posting today – been busy at work which is always a good thing except the fact that much of that business is caused by COVID 19.

Hang in there, @flourbaby. I still keep expecting instant results from fasting; it seems such a chore at times to remind myself it’s a longhaul kinda wagon ride!

Wow, @songbirdme – I doubt there’s many people that could successfully navigate a FD after dental surgery! Me? I’d be diving for the comfort foods. Well done.

Ha ha @matpi. Canberra, where I live, has lots of “mountains” but I doubt any of them would really qualify as greater than a foothill. Does anyone know? Are there agreed heights for geological features to qualify as a hill vice a mountain? (I’m think of the astronomical debate as to whether poor old Pluto qualifies as a planet.)

Day 12, Emden Germany, FD

drinking less didn’t make any difference on the squats, 90 done yesterday.

@daffodil2010 Happy Anniversary to you both!

@flourbaby I hope your eye will be better soon.

Day 12 pocket list:
    @matpi
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 12 – UK – NFD

Good Morning

Calorie wise I’d consider I’d had a successful FD yesterday, closing at 540. However, FDs always affect my sleep. I don’t seem to get deep sleep nor be able to stay asleep. I take a magnesium supplement which I don’t feel really helps. I’m not hungry before bed either so it’s not true hunger keeping me awake. Ive been awake since 5:00am and know I won’t get back to sleep. Then my appetite is harder to control when I’m sleep deprived. Does this happen to anyone else? Anyone else struggle to sleep after a FD?

Anyways wishing everyone a successful day.

Take care, stay safe.

Day 12 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@judyjudes – Check out this thread from ‘active topics’.
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/sleeping-issues/

Day 12 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Only just about managed a FD yesterday 600 for me on a FD, crept over slightly but will take it, no walk at all yesterday, time just got away from me! Need a good one today, trying to get that last couple of pounds away to my first target. B2B FDx4 today.

Take care all

Day 12 pocket list

@i-hate-lettuce
    @matpi
    @snowflake56

Day 12 UK FD 800

Out for dinner to friend’s home this evening so planning to fast till then. Will be driving so no wine temptation. Planning to be mindful and I know the meal will be relatively healthy. Hoping everyone has avoided the virus and thoughts go out to anyone affected either directly or indirectly.

Good luck to all fasters today.

@snowflake56 I have high BP and take meds which doesn’t always take care of it, especially when I’m anxious. But I’ve had very good luck lately with eating a regular white potato (not sweet potato) in the morning on NFD’s, or for lunch on FD’s. 200gram potato, microwaved with lemon juice sprinkled on it sometimes and just a touch of salt. About 175 calories. I was looking for a food that was high in potassium which can help relax the blood vessels and this seems to help. It seems to be more than coincidence. A medium baked potato has 941 mg of potassium. Hope this helps.

Day 12 UK NFD

Oh dear poorly eyes, ruptured eardrums, dental surgery, high BP Take care everyone ❤️

Want to aim for a good few days even if not fasting I know it’s a psychological thing but the scales are very near to going to 10 stones instead of 11 which would be great 💪

Day 12 Melb Aust FD800

Have done okay today, and with another “proper” FD planned for tomorrow I hope Saturday’s weigh-in will be kind to me. Interesting this time back on the downward trail, my waist is getting smaller more quickly than before, but my hips are going down less quickly. Strange. Wonder if it’s because I’ve been doing more walking? Any ideas anyone?

Echo @brightonbelle‘s comment – take care all the ones who are “poorly”.

Onward we go, downwards.

Day 12, London, UK, NFD

Happy anniversary Mr & Mrs. @daffodil2010, I hope you enjoyed your celebration dinner!

Thanks for the well wishes @matpi, @snowflake56, @brightonbelle & @betsylee. To be honest, I’d rather have a boil on my bum than something so obvious!! I still look like someone punched me, so I’m self-isolating until I won’t scare small children!! Unfortunately this places me very near to the kitchen!!!

@penz, who did it hurt to let Pluto remain a planet??? Time & money re-categorizing something that didn’t need it in the first place!!!! Frustrating!!

I’m falling down on my planned hydration, maybe only getting 1-2L of my 3L plan. The 3L tends to bring on a whoosh, so I really must pour some water down my throat soon otherwise I’ll be up to the loo ALL night!!!

Keep the faith people, we’ve got no alternative & this DOES work …………………….. when we do it properly!!!

Day 12 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    Delayed my breakfast until 11 am this morning, but felt more hungry than usual. I’ve upped the amount I have in the hope that I can then stay on track for my FD today.
    Heading to the supermarket later for weekly shop – if there is anything left.

@flour baby – hope your eye is on the mend

@judyjudes – I sometimes struggle to sleep on FD, I try to have a digestive biscuits (70 cals) before bed, which helps. But I think it’s psychological. I think this is the link that @Funship Freddie added but the link wasn’t live. https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/sleeping-issues/
    Quiet pocket list today, but I’m adding to it.
    Day 12 pocket list
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @matpi
    @snowflake56
    @suki2

Have a good day everyone.

Day 12 USA (Illinois) NFD

I got some Arbonne vanilla protein shake powder and had that for my lunch yesterday. Adding (this time) 1/2 banana and 2 T. peanut butter gave it some good flavor, but as I am learning, I need to adjust the liquid. I was concerned about how much I could chew following my dental implant surgery, so this was good.

@penz – actually, I considered my meatloaf and mashed potatoes comfort food! And they were very soft, easily chewed.

@matpi – isn’t it funny how we view things in our imagination. When we were able to view Denali in Alaska, I was thoroughly amazed any mountain could be THAT high!

@judyjudes & @funshipfreddie – yes, many of us do have sleep issues following FD’s. I also have just accepted it and somehow that ameliorates any fatigue the next day. I also am oh so COLD on FD’s — hands, body, feet… I use rice bag warmers to help that.

Onward and downward.

Day 12, UK NFD

Yesterday’s FD was going swimmingly, until I found a couple of slices of lemon tart in the fridge that I’d bought at the weekend as part of a “meal deal”. I’d completely forgotten them and the eat by date was yesterday. So in the interests of not wasting money we had them for dessert. I think just one slice almost doubled my calorie content for the day. It was delicious though.

Today I’m classing as an NFD as I’ve had a sandwich for lunch but according to MFP, I’ll end up around 750 cals. I’m still stuck in the mindset that a FD has to be 500 or less. Tomorrow should be a proper FD.

Happy Thursday everyone.

Day 12 canton OH FD

I feel all better and recovered. Yesterday was not a fast day after all, my choices were not great. So I will try again today.

@flourbaby many nurses have that one thing they just can’t handle – mine are eyes, your description made me queasy just thinking about it. Feel better!

@songbirdme feel better!

@cavanya ruptured eardrum sounds painful! Feel better!

@snowflake56 90 squats? Bloody well done!

@judyjudes I sometimes struggle with sleep on FD but it is usually not a sleep deprived sensation, its more an over-alert sensation – like I don’t need as much sleep when I am fasting as I do when my body is digesting food. I am also very cold – which used to be a bother but since I run hot these days it’s actually a relief

@i hate lettuce target in sight? That is so exciting

Remain safe – wash your hands and don’t touch your face

Day 12 pocket list
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @matpi
    @snowflake56
    @suki2
    @basyjames

2nd post

decided to go for a FD800 today, I’m just too hungry. We have the first case of Covid-19 in town, things will be changing here now. Concerts and other things have been cancelled and perhaps the schools will close down from Monday on.

@califdreamer thanks for your reaction, it’s much appreciated! I have issues with potassium/sodium/glucose (called Hypokalemic periodic paralysis) and have bloodtests regularly. I had the last one on Monday, everything was normal. This afternoon my BP was 170/100 mmHg, I followed your advice and had 200 g potatoes with sodium but had to take extra medication also. BP going down now, but it’s not ideal atm but it will pass.

@judyjudes if I can’t sleep on a FD a glass of milk gets me to sleep.

@cavanya take care!

@basyjames I do 10 squats every time I use the bathroom, I don’t think I can do 90 squats in a row.

Day 12 pocket list
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @matpi
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @suki2
    @basyjames

Good advice from @basyjames “Remain safe – wash your hands and don’t touch your face”

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 676 total)

You must be logged in to reply.