Springing Up – March 2020 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Springing Up – March 2020 Challenge

This topic contains 674 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  dykask 4 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 676 total)

• Day 5 – Ireland – FD

@olabimpe welcome, there are some good tips in the 5:2 basics thread link below
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/. I’ll add your name to the pocket list as your on a FD

Pocket list Day 5
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @cateaus
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @olabimpe
    @flourbaby
    @emerald32

Day 5 Oxfordshire, UK – FD

Today is definitely a fast day.
    Book club tonight so will be mindful of the nibbles and wine too.

@betsylee – at just 5’2” I’m with you. It’s not fair that short people can’t eat as much 🙂

@judyjudes – keep on keeping on, you’ll get there.

@sarah57 – I’m based in Faringdon, a little town south of Oxford. Moved here 27 years ago and haven’t quite left yet. We drive to France, usually Portsmouth – Caen/Cherbourg. I’m hoping the weather picks up a little; I’m not sure about swimming yet. Although DD & partner went swimming in a sea water lagoon near Bristol, on the R. Severn a couple of weeks ago. Mad.

@daffodil2010 – I’m with you on ‘Dry till Fri’ – then for the next couple of weekends I’m hoping to also keep my drinking to just wine.

@mia139 – enjoy your evening out, Grilled salmon and salad sounds lovely.

@olabimpe – welcome

@flourbaby – thanks for the pointer to the Daal recipe and aslo for the link for deodorant/MO

Earlier in the week someone mentioned a cognitive test related to IF. I’ve been re-reading the original Fast 500 book and found a reference to it in the section related to other benefits of Fasting. MM suggests you might want to do the test at the beginning and then some months down the line. IF/fasting generally is ggood for the brain and may even delay memory problems Ref p25 on my electronic copy. Here’s the link. I had to play around with the Flash settings to get it to work.
    http://www.cognitivefun.net/test/2

Pocket list Day 5
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @cateaus
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @olabimpe
    @flourbaby
    @emerald32
    @suki2

Day 5 canton OH NFD

Busy day today at work, the auditor for our National Health Plan Accreditation is visiting for our on-site

@flourbaby I just love reading your posts, they make me laugh and set me up for the day. Something about water fasting has just set me free. I struggled for a long time to do them, and now they are just work and I don’t have to worry about what to eat; just grab water and go

I will read posts and catch up later

Happy fasting, and planking and alcohol abstaining for those who are on board

DAY 4 NFD

Hello. I’d really like to join this group, if it’s not too late. I started on Monday but actually ate nothing at all because I was ill, followed by a second FD on Tuesday (350 calories), still feeling a bit nauseous. Wednesday and today have been NFDs but I’ve only eaten about 1200 and know it should be more. Normally, I’m quite active but I’ve been wiped out by flu.

I have about 20kg to lose, maybe a bit less if I start to look haggard!

Day 5 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Been a bit preoccupied today; I got a new phone, and, aargh?!! Sorry I bothered 🤨

Just heard on the news, South Africa has its first confirmed case of the corona virus; I guess it was just a matter of time. Stay safe, fellow fasters….

Day 5 USA (Illinois) NFD

Maintenance is much better if I don’t eat after 7 p.m. It’s DH who loves his nighttime desserts. I just have to let him indulge while I refrain.

@betsylee — yes, I was 5’8″ until just several years ago, now 5’6″ – I lost 3 spinal discs (L 4&5, S 1 area). I do have to be careful exercising so not to aggravate that area. I do get numbness down my leg at times that can be annoying.

@clemmi — welcome! No, never too late to join this group. And if I do say so, this is a terrific group of fasters to be around. 🙂

@funshipfreddie – sorry your new phone and corona virus have you moaning.

Onward and downward.

Day 5 Canada NFD

Welcome @clemmi your extra weight will be gone before you know it and you will love being part of this forum.

@flourbaby you make me smile as well

@i-hate-lettuce xc skiing is awesome, your skis grip the snow when they need to so you can climb a hill MOAM style and there is the big bonus of gliding downhills

@michelinme no pressure to host, we love hearing from you when and if it fits with life

@funshipfreddie new technology!! I find there is a you tube video on how to do pretty much anything. Coronavirus isn’t big here but there is still no toilet paper or hand sanitizer left in the stores, humans are a bit odd!

Day 5 UK FD

Yesterday was solid NFD, didn’t quite drink enought and still feeling v puffy. Short sleep & woke up with upset stomach: I think it might be yesterday’s handful of dried apricots as I’m usually sensitive to sorbitol!

Thank you @cateaus @betsylee – i had a bowl of chips (fries) and a handful of dried apricots. Not a well balanced day but under 500!

Today’s a OMAD FD. Good shopping trip to stock up on healthy food – the fridge & freezer are now groaning with fruit & veg. It’s taken me a week to settle on my Lenten theme – back to being vegan and saving puddings/sweet treats for Sundays.

Will catch up with posts and respond below. As usual once we’re up & running the challenge almost runs itself – thank you! We’re blessed with abundant wisdom, encouragement and kindness here.

If you’ve got a few months under your belt but not thought about hosting a monthly challenge before, why not? It’s a great way to keep yourself on track, and wonderful for getting to know people.

______________________________________________________________________________

@penz welcome back! I was missing your early morning postings and hoping you would join us. Thanks for your encouragement, as ever 🙂
    @daffodil2010 The thing about going back again is we know we can do this, but the shiny has worn off. So will power has to kick in – and replace complacency of familiarity. Well done on your B2B again – sounds really solid start to March! I’m intrigued – any idea why it’s called a “pet day”?
    @bellyblast @jaifaim I’m finding if I don’t meditate first thing then I dont’ do it. But being so tired atm it’s hard to motivate myself to get up on time…. What works for you? I know I’ll be more aware of what I’m eating, practicing the pause before succumbing to impulsive eating – in fact there’s no downside… xc sleep!
    @jaifaim I’m with you on the sugar setting off all the other cravings – worse for me than alcohol as I’m only an occasional drinker now
    @i-hate-lettuce way to go on the 4B2Bs!
    @sarah57 Welcome – make yourself right at home. It sounds as tho you’ve made a great start 🙂
    @brightonbelle spero che abbia buone vacanze!
    @betsylee Delighted to have a buddy – we can cheer each other 🙂 TBH almost everyone who starts c8kg behind me overtakes, tho maybe not this month!
    @helen285 congratulations on your first FD!
    @cateaus i’ve been using magnesium oil plus socks 🙂
    @lilymartin empathy re the weigh rise – i went up 1.8kg on Tues, DAFD and 2days after carbs. But hold fast – it will eventually show up on the scale!
    @judyjudes Well done. Every lb counts – all progress is progress!
    @olabimpe welcome to the March challenge! It would be great if you tell us something about yourself – helps us to connect & encourage each other around the world. As does the “Day” at the top of your post – that’s the date where you are, rather than the number of days you’ve been on the fast. Good luck with your first FD 🙂
    @flourbaby – thank you! x
    @suki2 thank you for the explanation and the link
    @clemmi hello and welcome! Hope you are feeling better today. Whereabouts are you? Sing out if you have any questions – and make yourself right at home
    @funshipfreddie good luck with the new phone! Hope it gets better 🙂
    @bellyblast thank you! I’m off on silent retreat for 3 days next weekend – then I’ll definitely be a ghost host 😀
    I’ve been making homemade hand sanitiser for me, family & friends – I have several longterm health conditions so I’m in the ‘at risk’ group, is my elderly mother. I had lots of aloe vera and most of the other ingredients at home. One batch with vodka, lavender & lemon and the other with witch hazel, tea tree, vitamin e & lavender -so I smell lovely too 🙂
    https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Hand-Sanitizer

Day 5 pocket list – add yourself if you’re fasting
    @cateaus
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @olabimpe
    @flourbaby
    @emerald32
    @suki2
    @michelinme

‘Begin today. Declare out loud to the universe that you are willing to let go of struggle and eager to learn through joy’ (Sarah Ban Breathnach)

Day 6, NFD, Aus

So many lovely chatty happy posts. Makes me smile. And impressed with how many of you make homemade stuff. So much inspiration in so many areas.

Long weekend here coming up. Yay! Have a good one, all.

Day 6, Tas, Australia NFD
    FlourBaby- Warm almond milk with cinnamon sounds lovely. I might try that. I have started rubbing magnesium oil into my feet again at night as I sleep really badly after FDs. I mixed up some ACV into a water bottle this morning to try it & will see if that helps too.
    @Clemmie- Welcome to the group. I just added you to the monthly spreadsheet, but did not know where you are, so only added your name- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OX-hjOHElBCj5XEIskmMrZu1XwjTYHUH5xTUPfl8jb0/edit#gid=0
    I weighed myself this morning after having done my 2nd FD of the week yesterday & have lost nothing still. 2 weeks ago my weight dropped 1.5kg, but it bounced right back on & has stayed. I am going to drop my hot lemon & honey drinks at night, cut down my wine consumption on non-FDs & keep better track of my non FD calories. It’s a downer, but I will make adjustments. I am using my GW TDEE.

Day 6 – NFD – Ireland for the moment – whoo hoo
    🚫 ✅🤸‍♂️
    Hi all I’ve had very little spare time in the run up to the holiday but heading off now and will check in when I can. I’m a parched marcher but if I do have a drink up the mountain I’ll fess up… may be able to stay dry as I’m not as tempted these days but then you never know how you’ll feel til you get away and I’m soooo looking Forward to this break … love speaking my second language French ( I speak a few others but not fluently) when I can and catching up with good friends some of whom we only see this once a year 🎿
    I hope you are all getting on well.
    Have a good day all!
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 6 – UK – FD

Good Morning

Lovely sunny crisp & cool morning here. Bird song is delightful.

Stayed on point yesterday and came in at 1100. Didn’t sleep as well as normal, no particular reason. I’m aware that I’m usual more hungry when tired/sleep deprived so will distract myself with activities and going out so as not to derail myself.

@jaifaim Enjoy your trip and have a wonderful time!

Take Care.

Day 6 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Happy Friday everyone. Another good FD, but after B2B, the scales are just a quarter pound down from last Friday. Not to worry, certain “morning” things didn’t happen which might have made a difference on the cakes (TMI – blush 😶), and I feel great so onwards we go.

I do feel a little hungry after the B2B so bringing a small something into work to break my fast circa 10.30 with a coffee. Small healthy Oatbranbread sandwhich for lunch, and fish with salad for dinner. But, it’s wine time 🍷👍 so looking forward to relaxing tonight.

My DH has a crippling migraine which started coming on Monday and is still here. He has about one a year but not usually for this long. He is taking strong Tylex
    painkillers but wary of using them too much due to the codeine 😳 Does anybody have any cures for migraine? I don’t suffer thank God but I can see how debilitating it is.

@michelinme you are so right about the shininess of 5:2 wearing off after a few years and complacency setting in. But it does work. Just have to work at it. I am more motivated than I have been for a while but it’s not getting easier.

Oh and I love the sanitizer tips. This would be a good way to use the many unopened bottles of spirits I have in the drinks cabinet 😄

@jaifaim enjoy your trip, have fun!!

Have a great Friday everyone. Stay safe out there. This world can often be a challenging place but this forum is a safe haven where we all share the same goal…..health. !!!!!!

2nd post…
    Argh, autocorrect is something else….

I meant that the morning things that didn’t happen might have made a difference on the SCALES……not the blemmin CAKES 😆😆😆😆😆

Day 6 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

After all the rain we’ve had over winter, yet again this morning, bright sunshine and not a cloud, 3rd day in a row! Making the most of it the last 2 days both walks been around 7 miles and it’s been glorious!
    Off out again today, especially as scales have dropped another 1 lb this last week, might have been more without last weekends feast! But the 4xB2BFD’s kept me on track.
    Only 2 lb to go to first target!

Maybe going to be busy for a while now, but will quickly pop in with my mug of coffee each morning.

Take care all.

Day 6 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@bellyblast, @micheline – I’m kind of organized now with the new phone. It was my contacts that were driving me nuts; they just weren’t appearing. But then I just pushed a button in my email account, and voila!

Re the virus, it certainly seems to be bringing out the worst in people. People fighting over the last packet of loo rolls, charging $100s for $3 sanitizer. This could devastate the travel industry. But, as someone wise once said, ‘this too shall pass’.

Pocket List – Day 6 🥕
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie

Day 6 – Japan – WFD #18

Almost through the day. I’m feeling better but still fighting a cold.

Tonight I feel slightly hungry but in general fasting leaves me feeling better. Still looking forward to my breakfast after a workout.

Day 6 – Ireland – NFD

Good fast day yesterday. Busy as the electrician was here doing a few jobs. I can now see what I’m doing at the kitchen counter with a great led light. I’m planning on doing a control day 1200 tomorrow just to try and keep the weekend in check and will weigh myself half way through the month.

Good luck to all fasting today & have a great weekend

Day 6 USA (Illinois) NFD

Busy day today, so won’t eat much. Working at our Children’s Museum this morning then participating in a service for Church Women United World Day of Prayer. https://holidappy.com/holidays/WorldDayofPrayer

Onward and downward.

Day 6 Canton OH NFD

So happy and thankful that it is Friday. Long week!!!

@cateaus hang in there, stuff is happening on the inside and you will get the results you are looking for –just keep pushing

@jaifam enjoy your trip, I know the feeling you described. Sometimes a break is just what is needed

@michelinme I am inspired! Thanks for the home-made alcohol sanitizer how to, when things settle down I would love to give that a try. Cakes work too 
    @funshipfreddie, I would say the travel industry is pretty devastated already. Prices for cruises, and airfare are dropping like boulders. Saw a roundtrip airfare to Hawaii for 200bucks the other day; 200 bucks!!!!

I really need to start working out again. I am hopeful that I can get my workout mojo back starting in the morning

I week down 3 to go – make it count!

Day 6 UK NFD

Yesterday’s FD disappeared into a jar of peanut butter – what was I even thinking?! Derailed FD by miscaluclating calories, then thought i’d pop to cupboard for a little peanut butter with my apple… Mindful it was not!

Unsurprisingly my weekly weighday today shows me still at 158lbs. On the bright side, this is down from my mid-week 3lb gain and back to where I finished February, BMI 25.5. It’s not a win, but it’s not a lose either – in any sense 😀

Lovely sunny day today and I’ve been enjoying a lie in followed by a gentle potter at home, watching birds, tidying up and making bread for community gathering tomorrow.

I’m going to have a OMAD late lunch / early supper and head to bed for v early night. Partly bc early start and I’ve been short of sleep this week – that’s never helpful for good choices. And partly bc I’ve just fitted a new mattress topper and pillows onto rather hard mattress bought last month which increased my pain levels. I can’t wait to try it – 10 hours sounds like the most wonderful gift!

@jaifaim hope you have a lovely break x
    @basyjames @daffodil2010 I’ve been reading more about homemade sanitisers this morning. Important to make sure the alcohol is strong enough (Alcohol By Volume) and to use good quality teatree for the witch hazel one. Soap and water still seem to be best but good to have options when on the move
    @daffodil2010 way to go with the B2B! Hope DH’s migraine settles x

“I do not believe that a plant will spring up where no seed has been, I have great faith in a seed… Convince me that you have a seed there, and I am prepared to expect wonders” (Henry David Thoreau)

USA DaY 6 WFD

A quick checkin and adding myself to the pocket list!

Pocket List – Day 6 🥕
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @ccco

Have a great day!

Day 6 Canada NFD

Success! I am upping my iron rich food and hoping my blood test at the end of the month shows an improvement. I feel energized so it’s promising 😊

@michelinme I need to find time in the morning to meditate otherwise it doesn’t happen. I read some advice that anchoring a new habit to an existing one helps.

@daffodil2010. Food in transit gets me all the time 🤭

USA Day 6 WFD

Starting to get hungry but still have 3 more hours to go before I can eat! Thought I might jump in here to divert my attention. I would have gone out for a power walk for diversion but, unfortunately, it’s raining out.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Day 6 Oxfordshire, UK – N FD
    Late post today, been out enjoying the spring sunshine.
    Yesterday’s FD came in over budget, but not badly so scales stayed the same as Tuesday’s weigh in. Out to watch a film in our local ‘cinema’tonight. Not been before but I think it’s just a screen they put up. I’ll try to be mindful over the weekend.

Day 6, London, UK, CD ……………..edit …….. FD!!!!

Late check-in today, busy, busy, busy!!

Todays’ NFD is going fairly well as I’ve been busy with Pilates, visiting my mum, batch cooking soup for future FDs and I still haven’t eaten anything yet. It’ll be an OMAD day of 8-900cals since I already defrosted tonight’s moussaka!!…………………….. I could leave it in the fridge until tomorrow though and make this a FD??????

@jaifaim, you’ll still be on track for a successful Parched March whilst you’re away, life is to be lived!!! I’ll have a glass of bubbly with my mum on Tuesday as it’s her 81st B’day ………. Precious times!!!

You’ve got this @ccco, how about spending some time painting your nails, colour coordinating your wardrobe or trying on ALL of your clothes just to occupy your time!!!!

Having written this post ……………………… I’m going for a FD!!! Soup it is, moussaka for tomorrow!!!

Wish me luck, perhaps I’ll colour coordinate my knicker draw once I’ve finished dinner!!!!

Day 6 Brighton UK FD

Very unusual for me to fast on a Friday and even more unusually this is my third fast day this week. I’ve found it quite tough and I am usually partway through a glass of wine or G&T at this time. But as ever the FDs are consolingly simple against the complexity of NFDs.

The next three days are full of eating challenges, including a 30th birthday celebrations. So I wanted to bank some loss for March. I want to lose 6lbs in March before I go away first week in April. Those scales better look good tomorrow…

@jaifaim I’m learning French and hope, one day, to be fluent. I get by reasonably in shops, restaurants and such like but I really want to be able to just chat.

@daffodil2010 prefer cakes to scales..

One of my granddaughter days today. Lovely and tiring in equal measure. A packed weekend coming up: I will need to take care.

USA Day 6 WFD

Flourbaby, all great ideas! Thanks ! I only wish I could get all my clothes on! LOL

DAY 5 France NFD

Firstly, thank you for welcoming me to the group. I did lose about 6kg following 5:2 about 7 years ago but fell off the wagon. I know it works but have forgotten a lot of the handy hints which helped the last time so I’m reading all the posts with interest.
    Today has been good but I’ve not eaten enough, only about 1000 calories until now. I’ve has 3 small meals, no snacks and small G and slimline tonic aperitif. Maybe I need to incorporate some healthy snacks to increase my protein intake and fill me up?

@cateaus I think I’ve added some info to the spreadsheet so hopefully that has worked.

@ jaifaim Salut et bonnes vacances.

We’ve cancelled our weekend plans as both not feeling 100% so will try to make some soup for FDs.

What is OMAD?

Day 6 UK FD
    2nd FD of the week. Keeping the water intake up and doing OK. Lovely yoga and relaxation session has helped too.
    @sarah57 like you, Friday is my usual G&T night but not tonight!

Pocket List – Day 6 🥕
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @ccco
    @helen285

Day 6 UK FD

Today turned into a FD as I thought we were having a lunch brought in at work and turned out not to be so as I hadn’t brought any food with me decided just not to eat and carry on fasting till dinner! Had very low calorie veg soup and called it a day!
    Hi @clemmi… OMAD is one meal a day! Bienvenue sur le forum!

Day 7, Tasmania, Australia, NFD
    @Daffodil2010- My husband used to get migraines about once a year. I read about drinking straight lemon juice when you feel one coming on & he tried it a few times & it worked. He does not get them anymore, thank goodness. He used to get them when we got the rare chance to take a break from our 7 day a week business. They stopped when we sold it.
    @Basyjames- Thanks. I have been holding onto that thought that good things are happening inside.
    @Clemmi- I was successful with 5:2 years ago & am just coming back to it again. It is taking me a while to start losing & I am madly reading posts trying to get back into the swing of it. I probably ate up to my TDEE on most of my non FDs, but am going to start plaing with that a bit & having a couple of CFDs(1200 cals) to see if I can get the scales going down. Your additions to the spreadsheet worked fine 🙂
    Hope you feel better soon.
    We went out for lunch yesterday & I ate well, but carefully. I have decided to have 4 days a week where I do not drink any wine to see if that helps.
    Good luck to all of today’s fasters!

Day 6 Ohio, US — MFD
    Day 3 — NFD (65 bites)
    Day 4 — NFD (64 bites)
    Day 5 — NFD (75 bites)

The fasting has gone well today. Wednesday I couldn’t log on, don’t know what the problem was. The NFD’s were okay, although I ate more than usual yesterday, but that seems to be a corollary of having the acupuncture treatment that I had yesterday.

@clemmi Welcome to this forum! One thing I do to incorporate more protein into my snacks is to just drink a glass of milk, whether dairy or soy. That keeps the nature of the meal as a snack and the 8 grams of protein is a big boost.

@ccco When you mentioned being able to get all your clothes on, you reminded me of a strategy that I’ve since given up, namely of wearing “relaxed fit” pants. The elastic in the waist can help to keep a momentary fluctuation in weight from forcing the purchase of a new wardrobe. At least that was the reasoning I followed. I’ve since come to view the “relaxed fit” as a slippery slope to perdition, and have stopped wearing such clothes. If my waist gets snug, I know that I need to do something right then and there to avoid new purchases.

Just to complete the list:

Pocket List – Day 6 🥕
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @ccco
    @helen285
    @matpi

Day 7 Brighton UK NFD

First weekly weigh for March shows 1.4 loss. BMI still in 26s but getting thrillingly close to 25s. That’s after pretty mindful eating on NFDs this week, no alcohol and 3×500 FDs. Feels like it should be more.

A timely reminder for me that this is an eating plan for life and there are no quick fixes. Lots of eating challenges over the next three days so hoping not to make a dent in progress. Back to two fast days for this week.

Day 7 UK NFD
    Good loss showing on the scales, especially as yesterday was a FD. I don’t know whether to credit myself with this because today is a NFD and normal eating may adjust this slightly?
    @sarah57 You’re doing really well, and you’re absolutely right that this is an eating plan for life. I have to remember that too and not get despondent when the weight loss doesn’t happen as quickly as I think it should. Keep on doing what you’re doing and I’m sure you’ll be soon sub-25. I’m still quite a way off and the first goal is to get sub-30.

Day 7 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Wishing everyone a good weekend 🌈

“You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try.” Beverly Sills – American Opera Singer

Day 7 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone,

Talk about winter being mild! Gave the lawns some attention yesterday, after raking moss, got the strimmer out then mowed the grass, was a little surprised how much came off. The day ended up with the exercise calories burned well over a thousand again, three days in a row, lots of walks and now gardening, just love the better weather.
    No alcohol since last weekend, loads of fresh air and walking plus gardening = lots of sleep, deep sleep is particularly good, over 2 hours each night plus lots of light sleep.
    Six Nations rugby this weekend, England v Wales this afternoon, Scotland v France tomorrow, todays Ireland v Italy game postponed due to bugs (well to prevent spread of)

Take care all.

Day 7 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFF

Last nights fish and salad became fish and chips as DH cooked!!!!!

Thankfully nothing damaging on the scales.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Day 7 UK NFD

Scales show a loss for the month so far of 1.5 kg. All those FD seem to have worked ! Today will be a very definate NFD as having a night out with work colleagues! Plan to stay off the wine however and have mixer drinks!
    Good luck to everyone today. Onwards and downwards!

Day 7 UK CD

Good Morning All

FD yesterday closed at 550. Was hoping for less but good enough. Today is a CD and aiming for 1000.

Not much doing today apart from a few chores. My husband is out doing his hobby and will be back home late afternoon. I’ll prepare a meal for when he returns home. Doing a home made curry & rice.

Wishing everyone a great weekend 👍

Day 7 Melb Aust TDEE

Weighed in this morning – down 1kg, which is a good start to the month. Had a FD800 yesterday as I wanted to cook a banana cake, which I haven’t done for a few years. Not sure why now, but just felt like it. Ate one piece, cut the rest into serving size pieces and have frozen them. They’ll be there when/if I feel a carb “fix”.

@suki2, my sympathy and commiserations re height. We just have to grin and bear it. It’s one reason why I’m so far off my goal BMI. I’d be fine if I were several inches taller 🙂 .

STOP PRESS: For all folk with sleep problems – just heard that Dr M. has published a new book, “Fast Sleep”, on the importance of getting a good night’s sleep, and (I think) suggested ways to ensure that happens. Haven’t seen the book, just saw it advertised on a bookstore website, but it might give some folk a few new things they can try.

@songbirdme, even with the back problems and height reduction, you are still way taller than me, so – see comment above!

Long weekend here, probably not for others, but enjoy your time off everyone!

Second post – “when/if I feel I need a carb fix”, is what I meant.

Second post

@helen285 well done on your loss and I hope you get to enjoy that G&T tonight. When I first started 5/2 in 2016 my first goal was to get to below bmi 30 just like you. I lost steadily give or take at 1lb a week and reached my overall goal which gave me a bmi of 23. We just need to keep going. I put about 20 lbs back on so this time I really believe now that maintenance just means you carry on. Don’t know how much you’ve lost to date but after the first 10lbs I could see such a difference and started to enjoy the journey.

Mia139 1.5kg in March! Fabulous stuff!

Day 7, Cheshire UK NFD

Back from a lovely break in the Lake District. The weather was lovely and we did lots of walking ( also lots of eating and drinking). Thursday I clocked over 10 miles and over 1500 calories on my fitbit – a personal best.

Still the carb dragon was well and truly out, toast, chips, biscuits, cakes and more cakes! I’ll do a FD on Monday before I dare the scales again. I’ll try to keep the weekend relatively controlled as well.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend.

Day 7 USA (Illinois) NFD

Up early here to go off and spend a day sitting on my butt – doing what I love, though, judging high school singers. It’s the annual “Solo & Ensemble Contest” day, and I get to encourage, support, and admonish singers all day. And they even pay and feed me (often too well…) to do so. I’ve been doing this for dozens of years, and I really enjoy it. Tonight will be a supper out with DH then our local little theater seeing “Witness for the Prosecution” – an Agatha Christie book adapted to a play.

Onward and downward.

USA Day 7 WFD

I weighed myself this morning and found myself to be down 2 lbs.! Yay! Anyway, after I finished yesterday’s WFD, I ate a meal, after which I felt I could jump right into another one. That will end around 2 p.m. today. I really feel good and amazingly light. LOL Excited to see what I weigh after this WFD.

Matpi, you are right about stretchy clothes leading to a slippery slope but they are comfy! But even they look better with weight loss!

I didn’t see a pocket list, so I will begin one in case anyone wants to join!

Day 7 Pocket List

@ccco

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Day 7 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Just checking in. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
    Just back from a craft supplies shopping trip with my good friend. I’ve bought bits and pieces to make book marks, not done this before so I’ll see how I go.

@betsylee – thx it’s taken me most of my adult life to accept I can’t eat as much as my DH and other folk around me. But on the plus side I am really enjoying being the size I am now. I’ve just got to keep my eye on the ball.

Day 7 Canada NFD

Another snowy day, not sure which activity I’ll choose. My BMI is 23 😀 and I’m wearing way less fat on my hips and belly. Feeling very grateful I’ve found this WOL. 🙏

@at @ciren2 @snowflake56 I hope you are doing well 😘

USA Day 7 WFD

Water Fast over and m meal eaten, so the kitchen is closed. I am still feeling good, so I just will start another until tomorrow at 1 p.m. Hope everyone is doing well!

Day 7 UK NFD

This morning’s weight still steady. Up & out early today for monthly community gathering followed by friend’s birthday/international women’s day celebration.

Unusually for me I’ve had both breakfast & lunch, tho managed to be reasonably mindful. Mexican food, a macaron & 3 tiny cakes plus 2 glasses of prosecco – my first alcohol in a couple of months. Feeling super puffy but reminding myself this IS an occcasional celebration & not a habit!

Looks as tho lots have got this challenge off to a fabulous start! Wonderful to read such positive news and to hear people getting into the groove. Well done on your determination – it’ll be my inspiration!

If you’re struggling, treading water or going backwards – hold on, we’ve got you! This WOL works, as long as we do it. Sing out if you’re stuck – someone will have been there and be happy to share wisdom. If it’s a willpower thing – you can’t beat the holy trinigy of successful fasting – get plenty of sleep, drink plenty of water, plan ahead for what you’re going to eat & stick to it!

‘It always amazes me to look at the little, wrinkled brown seeds and think of the rainbows in ’em’ (LM Montgomery)

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 676 total)

You must be logged in to reply.