Slow start but good results after 4 months!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hi All! I started this diet 4 months ago and decided to give myself a good amount of time before I weighed myself, because whatever diet I try I never seem to see results as quickly as other people do if at all! But I am pleased to say that I have lost 6kg in 4 months! That may not sound brilliant to those who would like to lose weight fast, but for those who like me never see quick results with any diet they try, I say that this one is at least sustainable! Also for anyone out there who has done this for 8 weeks and hasn’t seen a difference, the same was true for me until around week 12 where I saw significant results all at once, so it’s definitely worth sticking at. I don’t count calories on the non-fast days although I try not to go crazy until the weekend, and I am very strict on the fast days sticking to the same few foods and enduring the hunger because I won’t have to be hungry tomorrow! I have to say that the fast days really aren’t as hard as they used to be, and after overindulging on the weekends, it’s nice to have a break from eating on a Monday and I do think lowering your food intake twice a week balances everything out. Furthermore the diet really makes you think about what you eat as it’s made me much keener on fruit and green veg because that’s mostly what I opt for on fast days, it really proves that your body doesn’t require large amounts of food everyday and it does decrease your overall appetite eventually, and for me it has greatly improved my overall health as well as making me feel happier with the way I look. I do also go to the gym 3 times a week, doing 1 hour of cardio and 30 minutes of weight training per session. I don’t believe this diet would be very effective without exercise, and although I initially found it hard to do this diet as well as exercise, I now sometimes go to the gym on my fast days and can fast when I have a really busy work schedule. And I was going to the gym before doing this diet but I wasn’t losing any weight. The best things about this diet are that it does actually work, you can still eat all the things you like, you don’t need to change the way you eat every day, you can sustain it forever, and somehow it just makes your body work better overall! My tips for fast days are: nice thick vegetable soups, cereal bars, sipping water throughout the day, zero calorie carbonated drinks if you get really tired and desperate, keeping busy and distracted, and if you get hungry in the evening have an early night because you can eat properly tomorrow! But funny enough you probably won’t wake up hungry 🙂

Ladyhaha,

Your post came at exactly the right time for me! Thank you so much for sharing that information and encouragement! It is just exactly what I needed to hear today.

like you, I never lose weight as quickly as the “success” stories. Usually a rate of 1/2 pound a week. so…roughly just a little over 1 kg a month. So to me your weight loss is perfect!

I had a great start at the beginning of November but for some reason today am feeling very doubtful and discouraged. After reading your post I’m determined to remain committed to the process and be faithful to the fast days.

Thank you again! and congratulations on your success!
    Kerry

Hi Kerry! I am so glad that my post has helped you! We definitely need encouragement when the progress is slow, and the success stories on this forum really helped me when I felt doubtful too. Keep up the good work! I know this is going to work for you 🙂 good luck!

Good job, Ladies, and good results. I’ve been at this for 4 years and have been at my Target Weight for ~2 years. Still Fasting 2x/week to make up for my eating the rest of the week, but it works and we enjoy it.
    Keep posting your successes to inspire others.

Thank you 🙂 Just what I needed to hear!
    Post-menapausal and activity difficult for me at the mo. I am in my second week. After my first fast day I lost… 6lbs! I was peeing loads but not ill in any other sense, I have no idea how that is possible.
    Since then though I am going up and down, half a pound off, pound on, 3/4 off half on …. possibly shouldn’t be weighing every day. Struggling massively with the fast days as I’m not getting good feedback on the scales. Aargh 🙁

I was so full of optimism about this approach to weight loss and health improvement, Xmas is not helping but I need some encouragement folks, please.

Hi Suzanne

I really recommend giving it a good 2 months at least before you weigh yourself, because it was so so slow for me at the start but then all of a sudden I would have weeks where it just all seemed to have dropped off and even though I wasn’t weighing myself I knew it from my clothes and from my body shape changing. So weighing myself after 4 months was like a big reveal and reward after all the work I had put in! Also now I don’t struggle with fast days at all and my appetite overall is incredibly low considering how much I love eating! That being said I still feel that fast days can be a bit annoying just because you’re aware of all the things you can’t have especially when you haven’t had the best day, but the good thing is you can eat it the next day! Perseverance is key with this, and you will be glad for it soon 🙂

Hi Fasting me,

So good to hear your success story! I’m looking forward to reaching my target weight and it’s so good to feel like I’m on my way! I will definitely keep this up even after I’ve reached it, also because the health benefits of fasting regularly are amazing x

Excellent, Ladyhaha. As you go further along with this Lifestyle, be aware that your appetite will decrease. Permit that to happen. Look for it. If you are not paying attention to that, you might continue to eat as you always did. If you listen to your ‘not hungry’ signals, you will lose more weight. My husband used to eat a big sandwich at lunch every day, with cookies. Now he is happy with some cheese and a few pretzels. When we learn to eat only when we are truly hungry [food tastes SO much better then!] and not out of habit, it is a good step toward our healthy future.

Healthy_, I have been very careful this Christmas season so that my weight does not balloon: not snacking on Slow Days; having very ‘pure’ Fast Days; sometimes eating a 300 calorie Fast meal for dinner on a Slow Day; watching portion size. So far this is working well. Of course, the next official Fast Day for us will be Monday. But we will NOT Fast on Christmas. We will Fast the next day. And boy will we need it after the Christmas Feast. But it is possible, at least so far, to keep the weight down during holidays.

Good luck to you both.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.