slow but steady

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I confess I am the world’s worst dieter. Am hopeless at counting calories. Over Winter (Southern hemisphere), I lost motivation and stuck at 5:1 days a week instead of 5:2. But, with the coming of Spring, and with health concerns re being at risk of diabetes, I am motivated again. Over the course of the year I have lost 7 kg and it has stayed off. Not a huge result but better than I expected. And now I’m back into rhythm of 5:2 and looking forward to losing the next few kgs.

Hi Eleanor

Welcome back! 🙂 Glad to hear that you are feeling motivated again, for whatever reasons 😀

Even tho you haven’t been following 5:2 over winter, the fact that you did not put back any of the 7 kg is fabulous – so I don’t think you are the world’s worst dieter at all!

With this way of eating, you don’t really have to count calories – except on your fast days of course (tho once you have sorted out some fast day menus, that issue is dealt with) – as long as you have a sense of what a normal day’s eating is for you. I only do very rough calculations of my calorie intake on all days.

All the best for your restarted journey!
    Sassy

PS have you seen the “Hello Southern Hemispherites” topic?

World’s worst dieter who lost 7kg and kept it off… Yeah right 😛

Welcome back, keep us posted on your progress! I’m sure if you stick to it again those next kg will come off easily.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.