Slipping back to old ways

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Slipping back to old ways

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Fit for life 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I’ve gradually lost weight since May but since doing less exercise over the last month, have begun to eat “unnecessary food” on non-fast days (and occasionally on fast days). I’m a bit of a chocoholic but had gone without it – and didn’t miss it – for at least 2 months. However, this last 2 weeks has seen a slippery slide back to eating more than I’ve been used to on the non-fast days. I was eating very healthily – no cakes or biscuits or chocolate. I’m really disappointed in myself and would like some tips to get back on track again. I felt so much better without the sugar from the sweet stuff. I did a marathon walk in June and since I haven’t been training for that anymore, I’ve been doing less exercise generally – which was speed walking. I definitely think exercise made a difference. Maybe I need to read the book again and give myself another kick start or maybe do 3 fast days per week. Has anyone any tips or suggestions, please?

i just average the week of ur cals
    if u had a whole day of chocolate & sweets & comfort food,
    usually mond or sunday is feast day whatever i want (i do count the cals) u have 2 have a reward make up 4 it in the week

example i’m a 500 day fast w

9870 cals (1410x7days)-sun394-mon2902 (feast day)-tues1221-weds1757-th550-fr1840-sat510 = 696 cals left over (i added a 3rd fast this week) definitely added it 2 my feast day

hope this help

enjoy ur chocolate can’t have it in a grave

I think you’ve answered your own problem here. If you found it easier when you had training to do and a goal to aim for then give yourself another one. It doesn’t have to be an organised event. Just look around for a goal (walk around that reservoir/ up that hill/ along that tow path to such and such place in x amount of time) and train for it. Or take up a different sport (or dance class or something) and train for something with that instead.

With regard to the sweet stuff – if you really didn’t miss it while you were training then maybe that will sort the problem out for you. If you were kidding yourself and have fallen back into your old ways because you were denying yourself something that in the long-term you don’t really want to do without then just build it into your normal eating plan.

I am a total chocoholic, I cannot deny myself chocolate, to do so would be the death knell of any ‘diet’. I allow myself 500 calories of my TDEE for every non-fast day to eat chocolate or cake or whatever else. And if I need more (say I’m going to a world famous dessert chef’s restaurant for dinner or something, then I plan ahead. I eat nothing all day, have a starter or a smaller meal (salad or something) instead of a big main and go crazy for pudding – hoping to goodness that it’ll all come in under 2000 calories. Life’s for living and you have to be able to stick to this lifestyle forever, so prioritise and find what will work for you without denying yourself the things that you really enjoy.

I think exercising is super important. It will boost the health benefits you get from 5:2 and the weight will follow. I started running regularly about 6 weeks ago using iPhone app – 5K Runner: 0 to 5K run training. It increases the intensity very slowly and eases your way into running. Two more weeks and I’m fit do do a 5k.

Many thanks for all of your responses – all helpful encouragement. I’m sure you’re right – a mistake to give up something I really enjoy (chocolate). With regard to the exercise – I’ll definitely give myself another goal – that’s the answer for me to keeping up the exercise. I can just keep moving the goal posts to find another challenge for myself, albeit my own event. Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.