Sleep disruption on Fast Days

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Sleep disruption on Fast Days

This topic contains 10 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  ErinKeegan 1 year, 12 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Hi,
    I am new at this, just into week 3, but I have noted I sleep very poorly the night of Fast days and wake feeling exhausted. Am i alone in this experience? Any suggestions?
    Sleepless, but not in Seattle!

Hi August and welcome:

Your issue is quite common. I have explained why in my 13 Dec 14 post on this thread: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

The thread also addresses many other questions common to those just starting 5:2.

Good Luck!

Thank you; I have to learn more about norepinephrine levels and the impact on glucose levels while adjusting the evening “meal”on Fast Days.

Hi August:

No, not really. Just eat something close to bedtime and see if it helps!

Thank you

You can sip on chamomile tea before sleep. This will help to induce sleep also you can have a glass of lemon water with one teaspoon of raw honey. This can also help you to sleep better. Try simple breathing exercises, simple breathe in and breathe out can also help induce sleep.

@smotfi1: thank you for the good suggestions.

I sleep less on FD, however I don’t really suffer from it. This is slowly becoming less of an issue, but every once in a while I’ll have a restless night.

I avoid all calories on FDs, so that may be a factor. Overall though it hasn’t been a major issue for me.

Hi August….

Our forum group are taking a magnesium tablet, we take ours about 9 pm…Boots (in U.K.) on line seem the best, 375mg. ..free delivery to your local shop. Half price at the moment 180 tablets for about £5.
    We only take one tablet but you can take two.

Holland And Barrett are low, 125mg and 259 mg a bit too low mg and expensive.

All our group find they help you to sleep well….after 18 months I now sleep well on a fast night.

The sleep issue is common now a day. Sleep is the most required thing for a fit and healthy life. I have faced the same issue when I started dieting after following some sleeping guide and tips I have solved it. I have just found amazing sleeping tips at https://www.voonky.com and I would like to recommend you this site and read their sleeping guide. I’m sure that will help you to improve your sleep quality.

Thank you! This problem is very close to me… I will try to solve it in the near future.

I don’t think that fasting disturbs your sleep, you may eat at irregular times which may be the cause of disruption during sleep.

I’ve had sleep problems since childhood. My mother gave me some sedatives that didn’t help me at all. At a conscious age, I tried CBD and this is what really helped me to cope with my problem. I also order CBD rolling trays from this site https://everythingfor420.com/collections/rollin-trays. I leave this link in case you were interested in this information, but you couldn’t find the answer anywhere.

I also drink some tea before going to sleep, thus I cheat my stomach and it’s easier to fall asleep

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply.