Shakes and Sweats

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MountainMyst 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hi there,
    My husband is doing 5:2 and some days (like Monday) he felt like he was going to pass out, he gets the shakes and is soaked in sweat and feels like his legs are going to buckle. He has had all bloods done and is regularly checked and all is normal there. It’s not necessarily on a fast day either. He went to his GP the first time it happened and told him he was doing 5:2 which the doctor was fine with as he said it was the only eating plan he would recommend. The doctor did say that if he was doing a fast day and needed to eat then to eat and not to worry about going over on cals to say 700 or 800, easier said than done when you take your lunch to work and have nothing else.
    We were wondering if anyone else had experienced this? Thanks

Hi MrsHanksy sorry to hear about your hubby. If it happens on non fast days as well maybe there is another explanation. Maybe his blood sugar tends to dip? Has he tried spreading his 600 over the day rather than just having one meal? I sometimes have 2 meals like 150 for lunch and 350 for dinner but some days if I am out and about and busy I have all 500 in the evening.

I think 5:2 is all about trial and error and it really depends on the individual.

I hope he gets sorted out 🙂

Thanks for the reply JFitzy. He does spread his cals out through the day but doesn’t have breakfast, I’ve also badgered him into drinking lots of water. He had his blood sugar tested and its fine and doc doesn’t think its a dip in that but cant say if it is 5:2. We were talking about it last night and wondering if it could be the electronic cigarette he uses. We will just have to keep tweaking and seeing if it helps him. Im fine on 5:2 so cant be much help 🙂

Hi there MrsHansky

just “butting in” to say I too have experienced the same, I was out walking the dogs and it came all over without warning, this was on a non fast day, I got a bit nervous but as I was not too far from home I carried on and the minute I got in I ate and drank something and it subsided…its unpleasant but I don’t think its too serious, good luck anyway and I hope no more episodes for your OH!!

Thanks Angie090465, I think we will have to keep tweaking and fiddling with this new way or life and see if we can figure it out. I hope you don’t have any more episodes as they are quite scary

Thank you MrsHansky!

hope it all sorts itself out for your OH too!!

Hi y’all, my first though was low blood sugar, but since that has been ruled out, I wonder if dehydration could be a factor? most of us don’t drink enough, I have been really concentrating on keeping my water intake up.

one thing to check our is blood pressure. my daughter and I have M.E./CFS and one of the symptoms, especially for her, is dropping blood pressure. we have to keep the fluid intake up to help combat it.

Angie, glad your episode resolved itself quickly, it’s scary to be out on your own and feel that badly.

MrsHanksy, glad you are continuing to fiddle with the diet to see what helps. I do believe this way of eating is one of the best ways to help our health. glad your doctor is on board and working to find out what is causing the symptoms.

sending everyone wishes for a great week. Phyllis

Thank you for the good wishes Phyllis!

you are probably right, I try to drink as much as water as I can..that morning I went out quite early only had a small coffee… so am learning lol!!

have a great day yourself xx

Hi Angie, ah, life is just one big “learning experience” isn’t it? 🙂 dehydration can sneak up on you really easily. I just realized a while ago that I hadn’t had enough to drink today. I usually do pretty good at that, but today I got busy and forgot. I have learned so much with this way of eating, life is so much better when food isn’t the focus like it was on other diets. I have a tendency to get carried away with restriction if I’m not careful. I LOVE 5:2, it’s so much easier ( for me anyway) take care. Phyllis

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.