Seroquel and weight loss

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AndrewOfCastlemaine 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I’m 50 years old, and currently on 1100 mg of Seroquel at bedtime to help me sleep. Since I started taking it 5 months ago, I’ve gained almost 30 kilograms. My belly looks like one of those pictures of the African malnurished children. If I eat ANYTHING, I feel overfull, and occasionally get acid reflux. After much reading, I know that Seroquel is causing more damage than good, and not just in my belly area. I’m already dropping the Seroquel at approximately 100 mg every 4-5 days with plans of removing it from my system. Once the seroquel is gone, will I be able to return my body to the condition it was BEFORE the seroquel or am I doomed to be stuck like this? Will a 5:2 fast help any?

Hi Katherine, I am 52 and on Seroquel as a mood stabiliser for obvious reasons. I’m on 300 mg at night and 100 mg in the morning. Yes, since I have been on it (for about 5 years) I piled the weight on – all of it around the “guts”. First and foremost, I beg you please, please discuss seriously with your doctor any plans to reduce or discontinue taking Seroquel. Really, and I’m serious, the side-effects of uncontrolled going off Seroquel can be bloody ugly. I’m sure you are on top of this but please forgive me being a mother hen 🙂 Having said that, I am on my 3rd week of the 5:2 diet. In the first 2 weeks I lost 1 kg and 2 cm of my waist. In only 2 weeks. A few walks in the park but no major exercise. And still on the Seroquel. I am hopeful that we are onto something here. Let me know how you are doing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.