September 2020 Monthly Challenge — SALUBRIOUS SEPTEMBER

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
September 2020 Monthly Challenge — SALUBRIOUS SEPTEMBER

This topic contains 541 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  NorthGeorgia 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 549 total)

• Day 2, London, UK, NFD

Is there something in the water?? Lots of challengers taking breaks, not seeming as enthused as before😴? I’m one of them to be fair, just feeling a bit ………………..Meh 😔!! I think it’s the change in seasons, summer is coming to an end and I just don’t like it!!

@northgeorgia, no increase/ decrease in activity for me💪, but I’m more focussed this month to actually do an hour a day whether yoga, pilates, or walking with Leslie who’s kept me going whilst WFH since April!!

Welcome back @ccco, how is your son doing🙏?

@funshipfreddie, I expect I’ll just have to suffer through September without a camel in sight, take care & enjoy your ‘temporary’ hiatus!!!

@daffodil2010, I’m in the same boat, I can’t understand how I managed to take my eye off of the ball like that 👀!! That 20+lbs is proving stubborn and now I’m battling a harder war than 3 years ago!! I think hormones are making 5:2 ineffective so ADF or 4:3 with LFDs seems the only thing that’s working, but it’s soooo hard at times!!! This month, we just need to be that bit more vigilant🙏 and in my case ……………………. DRY😲!!!

@i-hate-lettuce, thanks for this latest instalment, I don’t have a garden, nor a green finger😝!!! However, I know where to go to get my advice when the time comes, you and @daffodil2010 are my soft landscapers🌿 of choice!! I’ve got the hard landscaping sorted myself!!

Onward & downwards folks!!!

D2 MFD UK Lake District

Well it is not as sunny here today. Forecast to rain about 10am good job I am
    having a rest from exercise today but will try and get steps in this evening.
    Had a successful MFD yesterday and plan another today. I prefer to do them B2B

@northgeorgia re exercise. We have been taking an early dinner and then going for a walk each evening so this is something we plan on doing throughout September to increase steps. We will continue with our open water swimming until the water is too cold even with a wet suit. We then plan on training to do a 10k run over winter. The most I can do at the moment is about 7km. Going to try a walk with Leslie today.

@basyjames. Know the feeling about day 1 it gets your motivation back.

@stitchincarol You do get used the the diagnosis but it is very hard to accept. He has a good treatment plan so we take one day at a time and enjoy it while we can.

@at Have you been to Tarn Hows lately? We went a couple of evenings ago and I was surprised to see how any trees have been felled. I knew that the larch has a disease but didn’t realise the number of larch trees there. It looks very different now.

@daffodil2010 Stay with it you will get into those smaller clothes. It is strange how we can manage our eating some of the time and without us even noticing things have slipped. What causes us to binge, graze or just generally over eat. Who knows?

@i hate lettuce Glad you managed your walk. It is has just started to rain here so you might need your waterproofs for the afternoon.
    Airpots sounds interest must investigate.

Pocket list day 2
    @kazoo

ZBC day 2 🕕 🍳
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo

Exercise 30×5 day 2
    @lilymartin 🤸‍♀
    @snowflake56 💃

DTF day 2

Have a nice day everyone.

D2 MFD UK Lake District

Well it is not as sunny here today. Forecast to rain about 10am good job I am
    having a rest from exercise today but will try and get steps in this evening.
    Had a successful MFD yesterday and plan another today. I prefer to do them B2B

@northgeorgia re exercise. We have been taking an early dinner and then going for a walk each evening so this is something we plan on doing throughout September to increase steps. We will continue with our open water swimming until the water is too cold even with a wet suit. We then plan on training to do a 10k run over winter. The most I can do at the moment is about 7km. Going to try a walk with Leslie today.

@basyjames. Know the feeling about day 1 it gets your motivation back.

@stitchincarol You do get used the the diagnosis but it is very hard to accept. He has a good treatment plan so we take one day at a time and enjoy it while we can.

@at Have you been to Tarn Hows lately? We went a couple of evenings ago and I was surprised to see how any trees have been felled. I knew that the larch has a disease but didn’t realise the number of larch trees there. It looks very different now.

@daffodil2010 Stay with it you will get into those smaller clothes. It is strange how we can manage our eating some of the time and without us even noticing things have slipped. What causes us to binge, graze or just generally over eat. Who knows?

@i hate lettuce Glad you managed your walk. It is has just started to rain here so you might need your waterproofs for the afternoon.
    Airpots sounds interest must investigate.

Pocket list day 2
    @kazoo

ZBC day 2 🕕 🍳
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo

Exercise 30×5 day 2
    @lilymartin 🤸‍♀
    @snowflake56 💃
    DTF day 2

Have a nice day everyone.

Seem to have lost my post so apologies if this is duplicated

Day 2 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    Good FD yesterday. Thanks for adding me to the PL. I could have been on all the lists. 🙂 Unusually for me I didn’t have breakfast.
    Lots of sorting out stuff to take away and those last minute jobs kept me busy yesterday and probably will today.
    Will need to be up at the crack of dawn tomorrow.
    @daffodil2010 – I’m thinking of this time last year when you and your DH were heading off in your motor home around the same time we were.
    I’m not really leaving the challenges. I just know that Wi-Fi is hard to come by where we are going. I will aim to keep up and post when possible. I’ll probably be out of kilter with all the other posts though.
    Pocket list day 2
    @kazoo
    @suki2

ZBC day 2 🕕 🍳
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo

Exercise 30×5 day 2
    @lilymartin 🤸‍♀
    @snowflake56 💃
    @suki2
    DTF day 2
    @suki2

Day 2 UK NFD

Ahh 🐫days won’t be the same with @funshipfreddie Enjoy your break

Onwards…..

Day 2 – USA/GA – NFD

Well it’s day two of the challenge and I gained 1.5 lbs since yesterday! Daily fluctuations are normal, but why an extreme one today? At 248 lbs. on the dot, here are some things that “went wrong:” 1. Fewer hours of sleep (had to get up very early today but I didn’t really change my bedtime. Eight hours of sleep is really needed to help proper digestion). 2. A chow down (eating not only comfort foods but an abundance of them, in portions you know are larger than necessary). I knew I didn’t need to eat all those fried chicken tenders over lunch and dinner yesterday, but I did. I didn’t need to drink two huge glasses of sweet tea over dinner, but I did.

What “I discovered:” I felt no more satisfied eating three or four huge chicken tenders at lunch than I did eating a small salad as I do on a fast day. The sweet tea was delicious in the first few swallows, but the second glass was overkill; water would have been more refreshing. I probably stayed under my TDEE, but can’t be sure.

What “I know:” The weight gain on the scales is undigested food and water retention, primarily. An overall calorie deficit for the week will still create weight loss. An occasional day like this can be managed, but don’t let NFDs get out of control every time, or you will be unable to create a calorie deficit and therefore no weight loss.

What “to do:” Not worry about it. It’s OK to enjoy a big meal occasionally. But I learned that I would have rather had smaller portions and added some peas or salad to help me feel more satiated. Isn’t it odd that fewer calories can sometimes satisfy more? I’ll be more careful today so that tomorrow’s FD can be more effective.

Today’s question: Have you ever made discoveries about your eating habits while on 5:2? What effect did it have on you?

Good luck to everyone on the pocket lists today!

Day 2 USA (Illinois) NFD

Off to Silver Sneakers and giving piano lessons shortly.

What did I discover about eating habits while on 5:2? This regimen has inspired me to learn what items I eat have what calories. Other diets, I counted carbs I remember. Using My Fitness Pal (MFP) I have calculated daily caloric intake while not addressing just carbs (or fats), and I think it has helped keep me on track.

Onward and downward.

Day 2 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

Woke up with a pounding headache this morning. Since I didn’t have a drop of alcohol yesterday, I’m wondering if all those other headaches I attributed to beer had nothing to do with beer! 🙂

For someone who absolutely adores beer–always have, ever since Daddy let me have a sip when I was four, sure that would cure me of asking for more…boy, was he wrong!–it’s been shockingly easy to skip beer and be DTF. Granted, it’s only the middle of my second week, but this is when it should be hardest, right?

The scale was not my friend this morning. I was beating myself up, thinking of the “too much” that I ate last night–except that I really didn’t eat badly, just a smidge too enthusiastically–when it hit me that this is a plateau. Yeah, it’s only been days, so that hardly counts as a true plateau, but when my behavior is entirely reasonable (not spot-on, but certainly reasonable), I’m not going to beat myself up; instead, I’m going to keep on keeping on and trust that the scales will cooperate eventually. UPDATE: just weighed myself again, and now it’s down to a reasonable number; still up from yesterday, but only a smidge. @northgeorgia, it sounds like our days yesterday were about the same; perhaps the scales will cooperate more nicely with you later on. You are the one, after all, with the highly opinionated scales! And I loved your “mini essay” on what you discovered, know, and need to do; it mirrors what I discover, know and plan to do on a regular basis. If only I managed to let what I KNOW influence more regularly what I DO.

@annabelle48, you’re EIGHTY-THREE????? Wowza, honey. My eldest once asked me, “Mom, when are you going to give in?” He explained he meant quit working at being thin and just accept extra weight like all the other moms. I’ve always figured by my late 70s I’d give in. Now you’re inspiring me to think I’ll have to wait longer to give in. You are amazing! Now, the reason I asked is this: I type on my laptop and have two windows open, one to read and one to type. As soon as you said you have a tablet and phone, I was going to suggest exactly what you said: read on your phone and type on your tablet. That should make it as easy as it’s going to be.
    So fun to see names new and familiar to me: welcome back, @mia139, Alisa253, @lilymartin
    @penz, I burst out laughing at your “nothing to say.” I have NEVER been able to say that!
    @daffodil2010, I hear you about those thinner clothes. I bought a summer shift dress a year ago, confident that someday I’d lose the weight to fit into it, and I finally wore it last Thursday. I felt like a princess in it, and was so thrilled that it finally fit, and fit well. Then I carefully handwashed it…and it shrank. Now I’ll need to lose ANOTHER 13 lbs for it to again fit, although I was hoping that another 13 lbs would make it fit even better. I’m so very, very heartbroken. So now it’s added to the batch of clothes that will fit nicely ten pounds from now…
    Huh, @i=hate-lettuce, I’ve never heard of air pots; I’ll look them up. I picked all my ripe Romas and slicers and had 13# and 8# respectively, and there are still a ton on the vine, nearly ripe. So I made a batch of salsa yesterday. It might be the best salsa I’ve ever tasted, LOL…I’m sure it was the “I made it myself” touch that added the extra special yumminess.

I was so gung-ho for my September plan that it hadn’t hit me that I have two Thursdays in a row where I can’t fast or be “dry.” Tomorrow I’m going out with three girlfriends, and there’s simply no way to eat only 500 calories at a restaurant, you know? Or at least no weigh with my limited discipline. And I’ll try to skip the beer, but am allowing myself the freedom to give in without feeling guilty. So I’m planning to eat limited calories today to help compensate for a lack of a FD tomorrow. Plus, I managed to hit 10K steps on both Monday and Tuesday, so those extra calories will also help compensate.

Pocket list day 2
    @kazoo
    @suki2
    @stitchincarol–maybe

ZBC day 2 🕕 🍳
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @stitchincarol

Exercise 30×5 day 2
    @lilymartin 🤸‍♀
    @snowflake56 💃
    @suki2
    @stitchincarol

DTF day 2
    @suki2
    @stitchincarol

I needed to remember this yesterday while making salsa, and giving in to eating some almost two hours before my eating window opened: “It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.”

Day 2 Melb Aust TDEE
    Day 1 TDEE

Well, I ended August 0.1 kg UP on the start of the month, so in the past 2 months, I have lost exactly 0.2kg. Not impressive. But:

@northgeorgia, what I HAVE found in the last couple of months is twofold – 1) I don’t manage FDs well when it’s really cold outside, and July and August are the coldest months here (maybe not so cold by other countries standards, but cold to me) and, 2) Getting enough sleep is essential. My eating just blows out when I don’t have enough sleep. A minimum of 7 hours, and preferably 8 hours of actual sleep (not hours in bed, but actual sleep) makes a major difference to my self-control.

Re exercise, I’ve been walking more than 30 minutes every day for the past 3 months, generally between 40 and 50 minutes. Now that the weather is warmer, I’ll be adding some cross-trainer and rowing work 3 times a week to improve aerobic fitness further.

About me – 70 years old, nearly 71, wanting to lose weight mainly for better health, but I’ve really been enjoying fitting into smaller clothes. Overall weight loss (ignoring yo-yoing last year) since starting this WOL in November 2018 is 17.3 kg (about 38 lbs). Still need to lose another 17.1 kg to reach a BMI of 22.

However, together we can do this!! 🙂

Pocket list day 2
    @kazoo
    @suki2

ZBC day 2 🕕 🍳
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @betsylee

Exercise 30×5 day 2
    @lilymartin 🤸‍♀
    @snowflake56 💃
    @suki2
    @betsylee

DTF day 2
    @suki2

USA. Day 2. FD

Adding myself to today’s pocket list!

@kazoo
    @suki2
    @ccco

Feels good to be back in action on here! I am not sure whether this will turn into a WFD or not but I am going in that direction.

Have a great 5:2 day today!

USA. Day 2. FD

Betsylee, I am 70 years old, too, but I sure don’t mind using this diet to look my best but of course I am hoping for good health, too!

Day 2 second post

@songbirdme – I’m another that doesn’t bother sorting carbs/fat/beer just put everything in MFP as ‘calories’ works for me.

@stichincarol – airpots link for you, YouTube has some great videos about them, been using them a while, yield of fruit/veg grown in them is a huge, they really do work! Also when you strip them down after using, the root system in not just a knot of roots, the design is such that the air effectively root prunes. The compost just goes into a bin with some feed and reused mixed in with fresh stuff later!

https://air-pot.com

Virginia, US; Day 2
    good morning to all
    thank you, @snowflake56 and @stitchincarol, for the welcome – nice!
    i went to a cycling class at 6 am – feels good; had cappuccino (did you know that oat milk can be frothed) -yam!
    breakfast at around 10 am – kitchari (rice + mung beans + spices)
    my goal today::- eat 3 meals, stop eating at 6pm, total 1200 cal.
    good day.

Day 2 North Canton OH OMAD

Another busy day (and late post)🤷‍♀️

Today is OH birthday

Pocket list day 2
    @kazoo
    @suki2
    @ccco

ZBC day 2 🕕 🍳
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @betsylee
    @basyjames

Exercise 30×5 day 2
    @lilymartin 🤸‍♀
    @snowflake56 💃
    @suki2
    @betsylee
    @basyjames

DTF day 2
    @suki2
    @basyjames

USA. Day 2. FD

Decided to add myself to the DTF list.

TF day 2
    @suki2
    @basyjames
    @ccco

I think that will prove better for me. Today I come in at 535 calories. It’s always good to steam ahead at the beginning of each month to set the pace! LOL. 🙂

Day 2 – UK – CD

A bit late for logging on today!

Went for a haircut yesterday and ended up with a very short hairstyle thus getting rid of the last of my coloured hair and and have embraced my silver/grey hair 👩‍🦳

Was aiming for a FD today but obviously not meant to be, however happy with a CD – this month my aim is to try to avoid any EFS days and stay more in control on my NFDs 🤞also ensuring that I keep up with my regular exercise programme

@mia139 – nice to see you back with us and those 2kg will disappear in no time
    @alisa253 – welcome back to the Monthly challenge – TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!
    @lilymartin – let us make September a good one
    @funshipfreddie – we will you – do pop in to say hello and let us know how you are doing if you feel up to it
    @i-hate-lettuce – don’t overdo things and a bit of self TLC goes a long way
    @kazoo – Not been to Tarn Hows since last year sometime, might link with DD for a dog walk sometime soon to check it out – certainly nowhere as nice today and the predicted rain arrived!! I have a 7am Broga class then need to pop to Booths for weekly shopping and hoping for a nicer day tomorrow as planning a walk sometime during the day as well
    @northgeorgia – In answer to today’s question – I discovered that my portion size was way too big and I was consuming much more calories that I actually thought 😱
    @alisa253 – yes a flat white made with oat milk is rather nice!
    @basyjames – hope your OH had a fab birthday 🎂🥂

Right off to get ready for bed – early Zoom class tomorrow

Day 3, FD, Aus

Those mini reflections on what I know and should do about it are resonating with me this morning, @northgeorgia, @stitchincarol. My planned DTFs have gone out the window. Last night’s healthy dinner descended into red wine, pistachios and chocolate. Not a good start to the month!!! And my FD mojo is wobbling too. You’re spot on, @flourbaby, I think the enthusiasm and commitment levels this month are down.

I was also curious about what are air pots so many thanks for the website link. So not what my imagination had come up with!

@funshipfreddie is taking the month off and @EmmaTaylor is in Rome…. I’m wondering whether a secret reunion is on the cards between Brad and Angelina?!

Day 2 MN, USA NFD (1955 hours, or 7:55 PM my time)
    Yesterday became a FD of a bit more than 600 cals, not what I was going for, but hey-ho, as you Brits say. Today, trying to be mindful. Busy with insurance company, roofing company, etc. Many phone calls back and forth.
    OH just home from out of state: seeing to our farm down south of us, first time in over 10 months. Covid is rampant there, in Iowa, just now. He said no one he saw were wearing masks. Tons of Trump signs on the lawns. Why does it need to be one or the other? Conservatives against masks, Liberals wearing masks? I’ve never known the US to be so divided, or if so, so nasty about it.
    So, anyway, good CD so far. Catch up on posts tomorrow. Good luck to everyone.

Day 3, Emden Germany, FD 🌧

After weeding in the garden yesterday I’m sniffing and sneezing, so no problems fasting today. No activity today, just a bit of housework. I’m reading a thick book about family life in the former GDR at the moment, what a terrible regime they had there.

@northgeorgia I learned about calories and the effect sugar has on your body. I try to avoid added sugar but it’s not easy.

@at Yay for the grey. I’m often the only one with grey hair when I’m with German women, most of them dye their hair and they often ask my why I don’t dye it. My friends in the Netherlands all don’t dye their hair. It’s always fun to see on what level of grey everyone is.

Pocket list day 3
    @penz
    @snowflake56

ZBC day 3
    @pent
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 3 -Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

It has stopped raining, what a terrible day it was yesterday. Can’t believe it’s Thursday already though.

So today is an FD, 18:6, and DTF.

@penz ooooh, now THAT’s a thought, Brangelina slipping off to Rome for the month 😀

@suki2 yes, I remember we were both camper van bound last year. Enjoy your travels. We will be off on a trip around North West Ireland and the Wild Atlantic Way in ours from 18th September and I cannot wait. I need this break.

@stitchincatol and @i-hate-lettuce…Amazing the difference in growing times…..my tomatoes are only ripening beautifully now and my chillis are just starting to……I think a big salsa might be something I will muster later on.

Have a great Thursday. Hoping I will do a good FD today. Hope you all do too.

Day 3 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

@at – yes, finding out that I’m not quite the superman I thought! Although ‘recovered’ quickly, finding the energy levels are slow to build up. Intended a longer walk yesterday, luckily it was raining (not often I’ll say that) went nowhere and was glad. Going to be a bit more sensible for the moment!
    We were also surprised at the amount of timber operations going on at Tarn Hows last year, there are a number of ‘circuits’ we do in the area, several were closed!

@stitchincarol – Alcohol and hangovers, wine and spirits have quite a few additives in them sulphites/flavourings and due to process, fusel alcohol, any of which often leave you with a hangover and dehydration the next morning.
    However, beer (particularly craft beer) is only made up of Water/grain/hops/yeast, there should be nothing else in there = no hangover, unless you have been really silly!
    I gave a pal of mine a case of my beers a while ago, he got carried away and polished off most of them one afternoon/evening, he phoned me the next morning! He (and his wife) couldn’t believe he was absolutely fine, I just explained the lack of chemicals….

@daffodil2010 – Tomatoes and peppers, we’ve had a number of gluts this year, Mrs IHL loves the small cherry tomatoes halved sprinkled with garlic salt or onion salt and dried in the oven, they cost a fortune in the shops, they keep nicely in the fridge.

Going to try a FD today, been doing OK keeping an eye on calories at the moment, especially with less exercise, so short walk today and see how the FD progresses.

Take care all

Forgot lists >>>>

Pocket list day 3
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce

ZBC day 3
    @pent
    @snowflake56

Day 3, London, UK, LFD

Looking forward to today’s LFD, I could do with a digestion break😳. So water, tea and maybe a miso soup if necessary for me today💪.

@northgeorgia, the only discovery I made was to realise that I have a tendency to binge, I thought I was just greedy, now I know it’s binging and if the binge inducing foods aren’t in the house …………………….. No binging!!! Very simple!!

I watched the video and now know all about air-pots🌿, thanks @i-hate-lettuce. Now, I just need a garden🙏!!

@at, embrace the grey!!! I have a defined streak that I used to comb over, now it’s gotten much wider, the comb over doesn’t quite work, so I too am embracing the grey!!!

@penz, today’s the day to join me in pulling our fingers out, I can’t afford a wobble😢😟 or a less than perfect FD 😣 …………………………… that’s a slippery slope I’ve been on far too many times😭😰!!! I’m going to have to ring the tabloids about Brangelina😉, no proof, no evidence, just speculation, but I think that’s how it works anyway😜!!!

Pocket list day 3
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby

ZBC day 3
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby

“You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” – C.S. Lewis

Day 3 UK FD

Decided to start this month with as many FD as I could muster. Actually started on Monday so this is number 4. All going well as my mojo is always well in place at the beginning of the month.. also working this afternoon so less temptation once I’m out of the house.
    So without this and all the support I know I would be well on my way to regaining the weight it took from February to lose. So thanks everyone! As this has been a lifetime pattern you’d think I’d have learned by now but seemingly not! @flourbaby‘s quote today exactly sums it up! The ending has to change.
    Anyway onwards and downwards!

Day 3 OMAD Rome

Brad and I – whoops!! – DH and I are having a lovely time in Rome. Unlike London, where lots of people were flouting the mask rules all the time, the Romans are very careful, wearing them as much as possible, indoors and out. Makes me feel much safer.
    Campari spritzes have been drunk. I have been doing OMAD since June 16th, ( with one slip up last weekend), and my body was visibly shrinking until I stopped Dry till Fri, at which point I’ve stalled. Not exactly hard to understand that equation. Just hard to get back on that particular waggon, once you’ve fallen off. I’ve dropped a dress size, so all the dresses I’ve made in lock down will have to be taken in, but if I want to get down to 11st, I’ll have to cut out alcohol four days a week. I can do that. Just not necessarily here….

Day 3 Melb Aust NFD

First FD coming up tomorrow – the weather should be nice, so no excuses 🙂

@ccco, yeah, looking better is definitely a plus and I’m enjoying fitting into my smaller clothes, but I had a few health issues which lower weight helps with – no more CPAP machine for sleep apnoea, for instance (yay!).

@stitchincarol, great you could fit into that smaller dress, but how disappointing that it then shrunk in the wash. Well, more motivation for further weight loss.

@snowflake56, I also don’t bother colouring my hair, and why should we? I have one small streak of pure white at the front, like an accent, and the rest is greying, but looks okay.
    With a Covid-19 second wave lockdown here the hairdressers are closed so I’ve been thankful for the lack of colouring. A lot of ladies here have this white regrowth showing, which is not an attractive look at all.
    @at & @flourbaby, yes, embrace the grey!

@i hate lettuce, gently gently does it with the exercise. Do make some allowances for the insult to your body caused bu the general anaesthetic. It should be much easier in another week or two.

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 3 – USA/GA – FD

Still at 248 lbs. Whew! The damage control mode is over as a new fast day begins now! No derailment, but got to throw the switch to make sure I’m on the right track downhill.

A good bit of stress yesterday, and it was a work from home day with that darn gallon of sweet tea in my refrigerator. I did better as opposed to Tuesday, but could have tried harder. Anyway, I’m still in the 240s club and it’s early yet.

I added a new abbreviation this month to the challenge: EE for Emotional Eating. If you ever find yourself grabbing a quick snack (oh, you know what I mean — can’t even be bothered to sit down most of the time as you hold the cabinet or refrigerator door open) or making dubious food choices or adding extra helpings because of stress, worry, sadness, boredom, or anxiety, you’re guilty of EE! EE almost never accompanies real hunger; it just provides us with a bit of “instant comfort” that quickly vanishes.

Can you think of a recent NFD where you engaged in EE and didn’t realize it until it was too late? On your next NFD, as you grab a snack, make dinner, or dish out a serving for yourself, why not ask yourself, “am I hungry or emotional? Is what I’m about to eat going to satisfy me? Am I going to relish and not regret this 15 minutes after eating it?”

Pocket list day 3
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @mia139
    @northgeorgia

ZBC day 3
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia

Day 3 CD UK Lake District

One hour to go and then I will have completed my 18 fast and 3 B2B MDs. I suppose I have have PFDS. Looking forward to a little more to eat today.

As it was raining yesterday I did a Leslie walk and really enjoyed it, so I have done another today.

@northgeorgia. Re your comment about the sweet tea.
    I have just read Why don’t french women get fat( I am sure it can apply to men as well) and she is says that when she has dessert, it is only the first few mouthfuls that are enjoyable and then she doesn’t want anymore because she has lost the flavour so why continue to eat? Perhaps this is something we should all think about.
    I just tend to gobble mine down and could even scrape the plate, don’t want to waste any

What I’ve learn from this WOL is that I struggle to control NFDs so this time I am restricting them to 2 days per week and then 2xCD and 3xMFDs to see how I get on.

Pocket list day 3
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby

ZBC day 3
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby
    @kazoo

Exercise 30×5 day 3
    @kazoo

Happy Thursday everyone

Day 3 CD UK Lake District

One hour to go and then I will have completed my 18 fast and 3 B2B MDs. I suppose I have have PFDS. Looking forward to a little more to eat today.

As it was raining yesterday I did a Leslie walk and really enjoyed it, so I have done another today.

@northgeorgia. Re your comment about the sweet tea.
    I have just read Why don’t french women get fat( I am sure it can apply to men as well) and she is says that when she has dessert, it is only the first few mouthfuls that are enjoyable and then she doesn’t want anymore because she has lost the flavour so why continue to eat? Perhaps this is something we should all think about.
    I just tend to gobble mine down and could even scrape the plate, don’t want to waste any

What I’ve learn from this WOL is that I struggle to control NFDs so this time I am restricting them to 2 days per week and then 2xCD and 3xMFDs to see how I get on.

Pocket list day 3
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @mia139
    @northgeorgia

ZBC D3
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia
    @kazoo

Exercise 30×5 day 3
    @kazoo

Happy Thursday.

Day 2 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

Funny how life changes on a dime. First, I’m way down again–151.2–so that was a thrill. Second, that dinner with my three friends? We were supposed to arrive there at four o’clock so the gal with the longest drive could get home at a decent time, but just found out late yesterday evening that they don’t even open until five o’clock. So–rather impulsively, clearly–I offered for us all to gather here and I’ll make shrimp salad.

LOL, so now I’m racing around tidying up the kitchen the rest of the way, and mopping up the tomato stains from when I spent 8 hours on Tuesday making salsa, and vaccuming the back stoop so we can go out that door to sit in the shade in the back yard.

Plus, no DTF today, not when I’m the host. I think. Can’t exercise today; no time to do it and no time to clean up from how sweaty I get. Certainly not fasting, LOL!

So forward and downward, everyone!

Pocket list day 3
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @mia139
    @northgeorgia

ZBC Day 3
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia
    @kazoo
    @stitchincarol

DTF Day 3

Exercise 30×5 day 3
    @kazoo

Day 3 UK FD

All going relatively well, but we are only 3 days in ! @northgeorgia – what have I discovered- I am susceptible to every bad habit going EE ✅ lack of portion control ✅ binge drinking ✅ I’m slowly rectifying things But will it stick this time ? I hope so

Pocket list day 3🌟
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @mia139
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle

ZBC Day 3
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia
    @kazoo
    @stitchincarol
    @brightonbelle

DTF Day 3

Exercise 30×5 day 3
    @kazoo
    @brightonbelle

Day 3 North Canton OH LFD

OH says he had a good day. I went for OMAD yesterday, which was OH birthday dinner-fish, lasagna and green bean salad. It was yummy and I enjoyed a slice of birthday cake. Full disclosure, I also had a glass of sweet red and it was ok, and did not hurt my stomach, so I guess I will indulge every now and then, so much for DTF or DFL 😁
    Congratulations on your new look @at, do you love it?

@penz I love a good mystery!!! Could there be a plot afoot? I am rooting for you Brangelina!!!

@northerndawn it appears we have decided to throw common sense out of the window, which is why Leadership matters. My BIL (a trump supporter btw) insists that the president’s action or inactions do not have any effect on our day to day lives. I firmly disagree but that is the price of freedom; we are all entitled to our thoughts and actions🤷‍♀️

@i hate lettuce, does this apply to flavored beer as well?

@flourbaby I have the same problem, I binge eat sometimes and if the binge inducing foods are not in the house, then I do not. Which is why TRE works so great for me.

@northgeorgia bless you for the blurb on EE. I will keep it in mind this Labor Day weekend, as I know it will be sorely needed😎

@kazoo, that is true- the first three bites of dessert are always the best, then the law of diminishing returns sets in, and it might as well be cardboard. Note to self-go for ever smaller sizes of dessert.

Mindfulness really is crucial in life. What I love about extended fasting is just how good food tastes when I break my fast. The first bite of food is almost orgasmic. Obviously I need to get out more 😂

I can’t remember who pointed me in the direction of grounding sheets, but so far I am getting the best sleep I have had all year. No night sweats, no hot flashes, deep dreamless sleep, Wow! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Plus I am not as achy the morning after exercising, could it be the grounding? I don’t know, but here’s hoping it lasts.

Have a great Thursday!!
    Pocket list day 3🌟
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @mia139
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames

ZBC Day 3
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia
    @kazoo
    @stitchincarol
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames

DTF Day 3

Exercise 30×5 day 3
    @kazoo
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames

Day 3 Canada FD

Missed posting yesterday, I was out the door at the crack of dawn and by the time I got home and unloaded groceries I was done:) Not a bad day food wise but looking for a good FD today

@annabelle48 your “voice” on this forum is of a younger than 70yr old
    @i-hate-lettuce so glad you are feeling ok and bimbling- that word makes me smile
    @mia139 glad you are back and motivated
    @kazoo you and your OH have an amazing commitment to fitness, I like the idea of an evening walk and am going to add it where I can
    @northgeorgia not worrying about a big meal here or there is really important
    @stitchincarol skipping alcohol is the easiest way to cut calories for me and not too hard, I think this and skipping breakfast is the biggest thing I have learnt from 5:2
    @lalisa253 welcome, this is a great bunch of people with lots of great support
    @basyjames hope you celebrated with your OH
    @at I love grey hair, your short cut sounds very cute
    @penz and @flourbaby let’s dig in the find the mojo
    @emmataylor so glad you are having a great time in Rome, sounds very safe
    @northerndawn I am so sorry your country is divided and going through such a difficult time on many levels. What do you grow on your farm

Pocket list day 3🌟
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @mia139
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames

ZBC Day 3
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia
    @kazoo
    @stitchincarol
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames
    @bellyblast

DTF Day 3
    @bellyblast

Exercise 30×5 day 3
    @kazoo
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames

Second post day 3

@basyjames – re flavoured beers, if you mean fruit beers, ie the likes of raspberry beers etc as long as they are made with fresh fruit thats OK
    Not my sort of taste to be honest but I know a lot of craft brewers do brew them and are popular.

As opposed to fruit beers made with artificial flavourings, usually have additive numbers listed.

It’s amazing how much food has artificial (chemical) flavouring or preservatives!

@betyslee – yes, finding my limits are lower at the moment, but am improving steadily thanks.

Virginia, US; Day 3
    good afternoon.
    @northerndawn – it was cool to read about masks and presidential campaign in Iowa. i go to my health club at 6 am and there is a huge Trump sign on the side of the road, on my way back home i see the sign all covered in paint, but it looks clean and new again next morning – interesting.
    @snowflake56 – about your book – I think it was not that bad in GDR, it all depends on a person. i am Russian and my childhood and youth were during ‘cold war’ and ‘zastoi’ in USSR. i had a good childhood.
    thank you both for sharing your experiences.

yesterday, was okay day for me.i ate too much fruit – white peaches are so sweet now! i did not want to snack. so far i am good today.
    l8r

Day 3 Minnesota, USA NFD

Working outside today doing gardening and yard work. It’s a beautiful day but a little too windy. Staying right about 67 degrees F (19.4 C). Insurance inspector was here early this morning and they are covering the cost of our upcoming roof replacement (due to large hail damage). Yay!

@northgeorgia I have learned that once I start eating, especially if a lot of carbs and little fiber, my appetite becomes hard to control. That’s why it’s best for me to do at least 16:8, but better if I wait until 2pm or later to have my first meal. If I eat significant protein, then I am less hungry at dinner time. I have learned that I can stop at 7pm and then I feel much better and sleep better. No hunger in the mornings at all. I’ve also learned that if I have wine or spirits, my appetite increases immediately and also the entire next day. I’m really considering not just DTF but maybe for the entire “Salubrious” month! And EE describes many a day for me. Definitely worth asking oneself if the hunger is real or something else.

@at and @snowflake56 I’ve been totally gray (white really, in front and darker in back) for the last 3 years. It was a hard decision to make at the time and I had a lot of unsolicited opinions from others encouraging me to dye my hair. I always had very dark brunette hair and I guess people couldn’t imagine me differently. But I’m very glad I no longer have to worry about the gray streak within two weeks of a color job. My DH says he really loves it this way, and his is the only opinion that matters to me. Many women here in Minnesota do not color their hair, so I’m not really in the minority.

@stitchincarol I hope you enjoyed your friends….Sounds like a lovely time.

@basyjames I agree…..Common sense in so many things seems to be rarely displayed these days. And please do let us know how the grounding sheets work out going forward. It sounds wonderful if they truly work.

@bellyblast We actually rent out the majority of land to another farmer since we are too far away to take care of crops. He plants corn and soybeans like most farmers there. We are talking about planting some sunflowers on a small plot by the buildings next spring, though. Good for the soil and good for the pollinators and birds. And they really don’t need much attention.

Stay mindful, everyone!

Day 3 USA (Illinois) NFD

Doing okay. Cooler weather with wind makes me think of fall colors and clothes!

EE – Emotional Eating … @northgeorgia – I find if I am especially emotional, I stop eating. Is that good? Probbly better than becoming a glutton.

@at – you’re so right about a new realization of portion size. I’m with you there.

@i-hate-lettuce – caloric intake has been an issue forever. It works.

@snowflake56 & @at – I’ve seen lots of people around here going grey, mostly because of closed salons where they would have had their coloring. I started doing my own blonde in college, so just have had no problem keeping it that way. At 72 I can honestly say I don’t know how grey I would be!

@daffodil2010 – we have 3 tomato plants, 2 with large ones and 1 cherry size. The small ones though have only been about pearl or pea size.Don’t know why, but they are still quite sweet.

@emma-taylor – please have a gelato for me. Rome is fabulous. You sewed dresses during the lockdown? All I have sewn lately has been masks, oh and new couch pillows since we got a new sofa for our TV room. We wore the old one out on quarantine.

@northerndawn – yeah that your insurance will pay for the new roof. Hail damage can be so awful, and so expensive.

Onward and downward.

Day 4 OMAD. Rome.

@basyjames – it might have been me who mentioned the grounding sheet. I posted a link to the Grounding/ Earthing film a couple of weeks ago. A few of my friends have bought grounding sheets since then ( surprisingly, seeing as they usually ignore my advice…) and have all reported huge changes in their sleep, as I have. I’m sleeping like a log, after years of very poor, interrupted sleep. It feels like it works.
    @flourbaby – I made around 30 dresses in lockdown, a couple of swimsuits, and a few masks for myself and friends. My sewing machine was white hot. I just decided I wasn’t going to slob around in tracksuit bottoms and t shirts. So I’ve worn pretty dresses every day. Which are now too big. Hurray. Unless I get stuck into the gelati, obviously. How did you wear your sofa out, btw?

@emma-taylor — the couch had recliners at each end, and DH’s side was becoming terrible at getting to retract. He was having to kick it closed! (Not that it wasn’t getting old anyway, then we sat and watched videos every night, not going out at all.)

The new couch has a switch to open and close the recliner ends. Got a new throw rug, made throws and pillows, and video storage cabinet to make that room fresher.

Day 4 – Japan – WFD #70

I woke up with a lot of gas pain … I’m a bit prone to it. Still I decided not to eat and now after a workout I’m feeling good. I’m almost half done with this fast.

Day 4, NFD, Aus

Your post was very timely, @northgeorgia. Yesterday morning I received from news from a colleague which really disappointed and angered me. We’ve been working on a project together and I discovered yesterday just how little he had done despite protestations to the contrary. Another colleague, noticing I had my cranky pants, on, encouraged me to “eat your feelings!” Bad advice, but I took it. Lapped it up. Even though I mindfully knew that I was not feeling hungry!! So yesterday’s planned FD descended quickly into an EE.
    Another week away with work next week which is always a challenge for me.

Maybe the back half of September will be more 5:2 friendly. Or I just need to clutch @flourbaby’s and @bellyblast’s hand and hang in there. The only good news is that this morning’s weigh in had me at the same weight (which hasn’t changed in 3 weeks but it least it hasn’t gone up).

I’ve always wondered about those sources who the tabloids describe as “a close friend of the couple”. (But always makes me think they can’t really be a close friend because who would snitch to a tabloid about their bestie?) We could be that source!!!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Day 4 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Fridays my weight recording day and another good result, end of ‘first week’ 1 pound down, making that a whole 40 lbs since I started this WOL in July last year – 15 lb last year 25 lb this !
    Love it when figures pass a milepost! Somehow a loss of 18.1 kg, for our metric friends, doesn’t sound as exciting, but I’ll sure as hell mention it when it gets to 20 kg 😉

So despite not being able to exercise quite as much, keeping a tight eye on the calories and spreading them out carefully over the day is working. Daftest thing is yesterdays evening meal had home made pie washed down with beer! Small portion of pie, big portion vegetables, one beer.
    Talking of beer, the brewery is going to be in action this morning, another English Pale Ale with plenty of hops. Have reduced the size of ‘brews’ down by almost half, 23 litre down to 15, so experiment and have lots of choice. Friends never know what’s coming next.

@northerndawn -@AT – @snowflake56@songbirdme – Hair! Hmmm mine takes less time to wash these days as my face takes longer! Can’t believe the amount some lasses spend at the hairdressers, a neighbours wife spends a fortune on all sorts of fettling. Not surprised the bloke she visits drives around in a very nice car. Her husband commented that he though plumbers knew how to charge, but they were cheap by comparison! Funny how often she has it done then a couple of days later she doesn’t like it.

Managed a couple of decent walks instead of one long one yesterday which means a day around the house/brewery/garden today, new ‘gentler’ routine is working at the moment.
    @betsylee – being sensible it is I am 😉 … for a change !

Take care all

Day 4 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

I can’t seem to do NFD’s as I get hampered by DH merrily arriving home with a bottle of red wine under his arm to have with dinner (which was FD friendly so maybe ok). Weight stable and 2lbs lower than last week but the weekend is nigh.

@emma Taylor and @basyjames, I too bought a grounding mat from Amazon and it’s at the end of the bed so our feet rest on it. I have to say though, I am still waking up in the early hours for about an hour but then sleep very soundly and the akRm has to wake us, which is unusual. No significant effects so far……..I hope I didn’t buy a cheap dud one.

DH still sceptical about it, though we can both feel the tingle on the feet when we put our feet on it so there must be something happening???

As for the grey hair, I am hapoy to say that I have NEVER dyed my hair and never will….but at 53 my hair has faded from a gingery youth to a rather nice strawberry blonde that my hairdresser tells me never to colour ☺️ I do have grey hairs but they are mingling in quite well with the blonde. Saved me self a fortune over the years ha ha.

Have a great Friday.

Day 4 Melb Aust CD

Planned FD morphed into a CD as I’ve food to eat which has reached expiry date.

Loved the various conversations, hair, grounding sheets, walks, weight loss (or not), it’s all part of being human, isn’t it?

@i hate lettuce, Glad you’re being sensible. I started today on my new 3 times a week exercise regime (which is on top of daily walking) – managed 11 minutes cross-trainer, 5 minutes rowing and 3 minutes stationary cycle. Not great, but okay as a start.

Keep well everyone!

@songbirdme – sorry. Got you mixed up with @flourbaby. Serves me right for posting very late at night. Apologies.

D4 CD UK Lake District

There are several members on here using ground sheets @basyjames @emma Taylor @daffodil2010

I have just started reading the book but am interested in the ground sheets and would like to hear from people using them as I can see they do make a difference.

1. Where did you get it from?
    2. Have you got a fitted sheet or a half sheet?
    3 .Do you have to sleep with no clothes on?

Having a lazy day today but might do a walk with Leslie later.

@stitichincarol Hope you enjoyed your time spent with your friends.

@bellyblast We have only started walking in the evening since I joined the challenges and I find I sleep much better when we do than if we miss one. Also it gets my step count up. Did 5.5km last evening.

@emma Taylor 30 Dresses wow you have been busy.

@penz I am sure EE gets most of us at some time or another. Strange that we all do it not really knowing why and then often feel terribly guilty/annoyed afterwards.

@i hate lettuce. well done on the pound loss ‘every little helps’.

ZBC Day 4
    @kazoo

Have a nice weekend everybody.

Day 4, London, UK, NFD

Today will be a day of mindful eating🙏, I think the 1st 3 bites rule should be enforced for me today and I plan to eat soooooo slowly & sooooo mindfully that I’ll be able to recognise the point at which the pleasure stops & the routine/habit begins. I sometimes do that with a mug of coffee, the first few sips are fantastic and I feel great, then I finish it just because it’s there and if I don’t it’ll get cold!! Anyway, mindful, studied eating today where I’m going to savour every single bite………………………… this may take a while😜!!!

Welcome, @alisa253, the support from these challenges is the only thing keeping me going, sometimes my willpower & mojo💪 play tricks on me and desert me AT THE SAME TIME!!!! Anyway, be sure to say what day you’re on FD or NFD so you can truly feel the support💜!!!

@songbirdme, unfortunately cooler weather makes me think of steamed puddings😍 & custard!!!!😜😂 How is your OH these days, fighting fit I hope🙏!

@emma-taylor, not me wearing out the couch, nor sewing!!! The love you & I share involves booze!!!!!

Congratulations @i-hate-lettuce, you should be chuffed to bits with -40lbs🏆!!! I’m fighting hard to get back to that point after stupidly taking my eye off of the ball 👀!!! …………………….. “spends a fortune on all sorts of fettling” ……I haven’t heard that in years ……………………. I’m off to get a little fettling in before Pilates!!!

Tonight will be my 1st real test day for staying ‘dry’ for September , @northerndawn, perhaps you’re about to join me???………………………………… “It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.” Chuck Palahniuk

Stay strong folks!!

Day 4 – USA/GA – NFD

Today’s post FD weigh in came in at 246; which is sort of what I expected. This means no major change since last week, and that’s OK. We all need to remember that plateaus, even with tiny bumps up and down, are normal and should be anticipated. You’re not gaining weight; your body is just adjusting and trying to figure out the “new normal.”

Plateaus also tend to last longer the closer you are to your ideal weight. Just have 15 lbs. left to lose? It tends to drop very slowly. If you have an extended plateau of a month or two and are in the very overweight or obese category (like myself), then it’s time to do some math. Check the TDEE at the sedentary level for both your current weight and your goal weight. First, ensure your food intake on your FDs are within the proper range (for me, that’s about 500 calories). Second, and the more likely culprit, think about your TDEEs on NFDs. You may need to figure out the total calorie intake of the last NFD you had to discover hidden calories. I was shocked to learn that one box of stovetop macaroni and cheese contains half of most people’s daily TDEE! Finally, make adjustments, not just “next time,” but right away if you can. If you figure you might have overdid it too many times on NFDs during the week or obliterated one of your FDs, simply reduce your calorie intake by a small amount before the week is over. Yes, it’s the old fashioned method of daily calorie control, but you’re only doing it for a day. It can sometimes put an end to an indecisive weight plateau.

Plateaus are frustrating, but also a natural part of the process. Was there a time you were on an extended plateau? How did you get off the plateau and continue losing weight?

Good luck to everyone on the Friday pocket lists!

Day 4 NFD UK

Have been MIA for a few days with diet preparation for and actual tests. All done now so await result in due course. Have gone right off Heinz tomato soup, jelly and ice cream!!!!

Will not be starting FD until Monday as the weekend is not a good time for me and today is the first ‘normal’ day for me. I thought I would lose some weight but no……I am the same as when I started the preparation.
    No justice in this world. I looked back on my weight loss and since June I have managed to lose 7 lbs. I told you I was like a tortoise. It’s like spitting in the wind.

Re hair and the colouring thereof. I have never coloured my hair, too lazy and too much high maintenance.
    Have been grey for many years and have noticed many times how artificial some of my friends hair colour looks. I know that to get a good colour is VERY expensive and for myself it isn’t worth it but each to his
    own and we must do what makes us happy.

I am having a quiet day today getting ready to gird my loins for a determined effort in the weeks to come.

TTFN

Day 4 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5 below TDEE

Lovely, lovely afternoon/evening yesterday with my girlfriends, with loads of laughter and calories/wine/beer far in excess of reasonable, LOL. (@I-Hate-Lettuce, close to but not quite silly! Thanks much for the details on what will and won’t produce headaches.) So today I behave and abstain, just to reassure my body and give it a digestion break, as @flourbaby wonderfully calls it, because it is moaning this morning at how much digesting I’ve given it to do!

@i-hate-lettuce, I’d immediately looked for AirPots on Amazon, but just now watched the video, and am amazed. Did you grow tomatoes in yours, and did you have those sturdy stems that didn’t seem to need support? Was I seeing things?? And a huge CONGRATULATIONS on your 40 lb milestone!!
    @daffodil2010, I have a friend in Arizona who was done with her tomatoes in May. Done. I had only planted mine two days before she pulled hers out, LOL. My DD, living at high elevation in Colorado, got snow in June and it’s forecast for this coming Tuesday, so between forest dirt and a short growing season, she doesn’t get to grow anything at all. So much variety in what can grow where! 🙂
    @betsylee, how wonderful that you’re able to be off your CPAP machine! And well done on your first exercise time! So curious: why do you fast on Fridays? It’s just another day, I get that, but it’s psychologically tough for me, and I’ve never succeeded on a Friday FD when I’ve tried. And thanks for the sympathy on the shrunk dress…These are the days when I’d be wearing it, and by the time I’ve lost enough additional weight to fit into it, I’ll have to wait many months for warm enough weather. sigh.
    @northgeorgia, GREAT questions to ask ourselves when we’re tempted by EE.
    @basyjames, so glad that glass of wine settled okay for you and it gets to be your choice, not your body’s reaction, as to when you choose “dry.” And, are you sleeping with your grounding mat, or using it during the day? I’m very, very tempted to get one for my eldest, who struggles to sleep at all, let alone well.
    Yeah, @bellyblast, the lure of that cold beer is simply not as strong as it used to be, because I like seeing what the scales do when I don’t have it! Plus, I’ve begun drinking plain iced tea shot through with a fair amount of lemon and a small amount of Stevia, and it’s so refreshing that it’s a perfect substitute for the beer.
    @northerndawn, so wonderful that your new roof will be covered by insurance!
    Oh, @songbirdme, you’re one of THOSE, huh??? LOL! I’ve always envied people for whom heartbreak means they lose weight; I am precisely the opposite whether that heartbreak is mild or strong.
    @EmmaTaylor, I’m becoming more and more intrigued with buying a grounding mat, not only for DS but for DH and myself. How are you using yours: only during the day, only on your bed, or both? Do you mind posting a link as to which one you got? Fascinating subject!!
    But @annabelle48, 7 pounds since June is MARVELOUS! Consider @at‘s motto: in June, wouldn’t you have been thrilled to be down 7 lbs?? You are clearly doing good things!

No lists today?? I’ll start them.

Pocket List Day 4
    @stitchincarol, possibly…depends, LOL!

ZBC Day 4
    @stitchincarol

DTF Day 4
    @stitchincarol, in this case Dry ON Friday!

Exercise 30×5 Day 4
    @stitchincarol

Have a grand day, everyone!

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 549 total)

You must be logged in to reply.