September 2020 Monthly Challenge — SALUBRIOUS SEPTEMBER

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
September 2020 Monthly Challenge — SALUBRIOUS SEPTEMBER

This topic contains 541 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  NorthGeorgia 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 549 total)

• @basyjames — “save yourselves” because you are one tough taskmaster?? Do let us know what you meant by that! We would love to have either you or @stitchincarol be our fearless leader. 🙂

Day 26, Emden Germany, FD800
    Day 25, NFD

I had no time to post yesterday morning and forgot it later. For some reason I feel unbalanced this morning so going for a FD800 today.

@northgeorgia You did it!

@diana 123 Welcome Back!

@northerndawn I’m glad the roofers managed to get finished and are gone. it’s the same with our cat, he hides under a sofa or under our bed. The glazing is planned to go in on Tuesday, if the weather allowes it and the cat and I will be upstairs together until they’re done. I didn’t lik the tiredness at all, maybe one egg-fast in a while will suit me better.

@basyjames Amazing results!

@at The only thing we have in the house today is wine, we got rid of the hard stuff a while ago as we hardly ever drink it and don’t socialize anymore. I can live without wine, my DH drinks a beer sporadicly nowadays. I’m joining you on your FD800 today.

@emma-taylor Enjoy Greece!

Pocket list day 26
    @at FD800
    @snowflake56

ZBC day 26
    @kazoo?
    @at
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 26 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

What a magnificent morning, sun blazing down and a light frost! Autumn well and truly here.

Plan for today, head off out and buy bulbs and plants for Christmas and spring! Forward planning eh ? Plus while we’re out, head off for a stroll. Dug up the dahlia tubers yesterday so they’re drying out nicely in the greenhouse, give them a few days then into the garage to store over winter.

How ridiculous… forgot my weigh in yesterday, Friday, so on the scales this morning …. this is following medical advice to make the most of being able to eat ‘normal food’ until treatment starts! Recent treats include, crispy toasted bacon sandwich, fish and chips, OBAD (one beer a day oooops, mis-counted yesterday had two)

NO weight gain, stayed exactly where I was last week, will carry on with this regime for now and make the most of it? Hmmmm BBQ this afternoon 😉

Take care all

Day 26, London, UK, FD800,

A quick check-in from me today, I’ll aim for a FD800 as I’ll be busy, but I have some roasted veg and soup to use today……………………. nothing too naughty!!!

Have a great weekend everyone, the sun is shining and that makes EVERYTHING better!!!

Day 26 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Beautiful bright autumn morning here in Pembrokeshire. Cold but sunny. Just sitting with our cat purring on my lap waiting for our Tesco delivery, then I will have brunch and go for a walk to make the most of the lovely dry day 😎

Happy Saturday all.

Day 26 – UK – FD800

Day 24 ended up as a good CD instead of the planned FD800 😊 and yesterday was definitely not a FD👿 and I fell off the DTO 👿 pocket list too with some delicious 🥂 so dear @snowflake56 – thank you for getting me back on track by adding me to the pocket list today 🤗 I will find the motivation to finish this challenge with FD800 as originally planned 💪

After a couple of miserable wet days it was lovely to have a beautiful sunny day yesterday so out of the house at 0830 (no breakfast as usual) to drive to DD’s house (about an hour away) and met up with her to do her planned dog walks for the morning – we then headed out for a light alfresco lunch with spectacular views at a place called Waberthwaite near where she lives and made it back home late afternoon – a lovely relaxing day catching up with her ❤️ So far so good as only around 450 cals consumed so not sure what went wrong….was it the lovely sunshine calling for a 🥂 and the no dinner plan turned into dinner with OH (can I blame him 🤣!!!!!)

Anyhow woke up to beautiful sunshine again so planning a long walk late morning and thought I would log on to post early and saw your post @snowflake56 so FD800 for the rest of the month and not weighing in until 1/10 hoping to end the month back at my 55kg mark🤞

@northerndawn – I had a couple of chaps replacing the guttering at our house on day 24 too – job not finished – they will be back next week to complete!!
    @basyjames – hope you and your OH had a fab time celebrating your 20th anniversary and many more to come too
    @stitchincarol – enjoy your family get together – such precious times
    @diana123 – welcome back ??May 2019 – great to have you join us once more – good to hear that your OH is doing well and hoping he continues on that path 🤗 and well done on only gaining 7 pounds after the all you’ve been through!
    @dykask – missing your longer posts – life must be busy – hope you and the family are keeping well
    @basyjames and @stitchincarol – thank you for offering to take up the reins for October – you would both do a great job so looking forward to joining you
    @i-hate-lettuce – yes to another beautiful day – have a fab one out and about with Mrs IHL and loving your positivity with the bonus of no weight gain to boot!
    @northgeorgia – re your question on Day 24 – I think that my goal of trying to get my weight back below 55kg is perhaps unrealistic and I have decided that 55kg/121lbs/BMI 20.4 is very acceptable for my age (62) and height (165cm/5’4″) so for October my aim will be to go back to basics = 5:2 for food with FD500 and the reverse in alcohol, only drinking on 2 days of the week!! To use MFP daily to keep to TDEE on NFDs and drink at least 2L of water daily. Keep up with my regular exercise programme and go out for walks/hike – A bit of a re-education month for me with calories!!!!!

Pocket list day 26
    @at FD800
    @snowflake56

ZBC day 26
    @kazoo?
    @at
    @snowflake56

DTF day 23
    @at (after yesterday’s slip I’m back on DTO)
    @flourbaby (DTO)
    @northerndawn (DTO)

“Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out.” Robert Collier

Day 26 CD/NFD UK Lake District

I have planned my meals for a NFD today but would really like to do a CD but need to calculate the calories. Was doing a CD yesterday but that turned out to be a NFD.

Just a quick drop in today for accountability.

Pocket list day 26
    @at FD800
    @snowflake56

ZBC day 26
    @kazoo
    @at
    @snowflake56

DTF day 23
    @flourbaby (DTO)
    @northerndawn (DTO)

The sun is shining at the moment so need to take advantage. Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 26 UK NFD

Agree with whoever said set action rather than specific loss goals , I’m going to enjoy the rest of the week and press that trusty reset button Monday and aim to finish the Month eating healthy and exercising . Have a good one all x

Day 26 North Canton OH CD

@stitchincarol since this is a better month for you, please take it. I’ll step in next month

@songbirdme I meant save yourselves because I dont know how well I’ll do, I haven’t hosted in a couple of years

Just checking in everyone, make today as awesome as possible 🙂

Day 26 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh in was just slightly over 243 this morning. Planning on a FD tomorrow, and as it’s 11:20 and I’m just about to eat, it’s a ZBC day too!

Tip: remember your alternative measurements of health: blood pressure, sugar levels, over all energy! These are all worthwhile pursuits! As for weight, if the scales aren’t moving, check the measuring tape. If like me, the measuring tape hates you more than the scales (how is that possible?), then give those “next sized down clothes” another try — every other week or so. I was able to fit into about a dozen more pieces of clothing last week that were still too tight at the end of July. I need to shop for a new belt!

Good luck to all on the pocket lists today!

Pocket list day 26
    @at FD800
    @snowflake56

ZBC day 26
    @kazoo
    @at
    @snowflake56
    @northgeorgia

DTF day 23
    @flourbaby (DTO)
    @northerndawn (DTO)

Day 26 USA (Illinois) NFD

Had a great FD yesterday at 350 calories. Scale was kind this morning. Hope to take it easy today, but already had quite a large breakfast. Won’t eat again until suppertime. Have a ‘banquet’ tomorrow that was postponed from last March. Sounds like it will be a box supper at our local Historical Society.

@basyjames – you will be great whenever you do decide to host! 🙂

Onward and downward.

D26 CD UK Lake District

2nd post

Well I managed a CD today coming in at 1165 calories. Kitchen now closed at 5.45pm. Signed into my fasting app so hoping for an 18 hour fast, and ZBC tomorrow.

Spent a lot of the day cooking. Using up veggies and bits and bobs in the fridge ready for my Sainsbury’s food delivery later. Made some tomato and lentil soup with the last of our home grown tomatoes. Four portions in the freezer.

Keep posting everyone.

Day 26 UK

Very late check in just for accountability. Still here no gain and no loss…..called coasting!!!!!

TTFN

Day 26 Murrells Inlet South Carolina

Just popping on I need to get back in the swing of this. Already started planning out my fast days and pulling out old stand bye recipes.

Find Joy in the Journey that’s my new daily mantra. Enjoy the weekend.

Day 27 – Lake district UK – CFD

Good morning everyone

Sun’s shining brightly, cool and still, just too nice not to be out, off out for an early walk!

Take care all

Day 27, Emden Germany, NFD

FD800 went well yesterday, @at I hope yours went well too.

@northgeorgia I still have some clothes that don’t fit but last week I tried on a pair of trousers I couldn’t wear for a while and now they fit.

Pocket list day 27
    @at FD800
    @northgeorgia

ZBC day 27
    @kazoo
    @at
    @snowflake56

DTF day 23
    @at (DTO)
    @flourbaby (DTO)
    @northerndawn (DTO)

D27 NFD UK Lake District

Looks like it is going to be a nice day here today, so will be off for our usual swim in Windermere. The water is definitely getting colder so thank goodness for wetsuits. I have been trying to get a thermal rash vest to wear under my wetsuit but everywhere seems to have sold out. Open water swimming is becoming much more popular these days.

Have a good fast day @at @northgeorgia, I will be joining you tomorrow.

Good luck to those doing DTO not long to go now.

Anyone fancy joining me on the exercise list?

Pocket list day 27
    @at FD800
    @northgeorgia

ZBC day 27
    @kazoo
    @at
    @snowflake56

DTF day 27
    @at (DTO)
    @flourbaby (DTO)
    @northerndawn (DTO)

Exercise Day 27
    @kazoo

Keeping posting.

Day 27, London, UK, FD

Today I’m planning a FD as I’ve a work deadline to meet on Thursday, so I’ll need to get as much done today to avoid pulling a couple of ‘all-nighters’!

@stitchincarol, thanks for offering to host October, it’ll be a reset month for many of us!!!

@basyjames, I guess you’re it for November!!!

@annabelle48, I think I’m with you this month, just coasting, I haven’t been particularly mindful or pressured myself, the scales aren’t moving, but I guess that’s ok, October WILL be my month!!!

Stay strong everyone!!!

Day 27 Melb Aust NFD

Just checking in to say “hi!”. Haven’t been sticking to 5:2 this past week. We had another Antarctic blast and it was just too cold for me to want to fast. I’ve really gotten into bad habits. October will be better!!!

USA. Day 27. FD

Adding myself to the pocket list today!

Pocket list day 27
    @at FD800
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

ZBC day 27
    @kazoo
    @at
    @snowflake56

DTF day 27
    @at (DTO)
    @flourbaby (DTO)
    @northerndawn (DTO)
    @ccco

Exercise Day 27
    @kazoo

Hope everyone has been having a great day!

D27 NFD UK Lake District

2nd post

I can feel a long post coming on so please feel free to just scroll on past.

After my little (big) blip earlier in the month I have been doing doing some soul searching and decided to put pen to paper or fingers to key board to be correct. I have thought about making this post for a few days now so here goes.

@northgeorgia has made a wonderful host and given us all a lot to think about. I have received for much help and support to continue my journey and I thank you all. As you can see I am still here.

So I got thinking about why I joined this group in the first place. It was to lose weight. Everything I have done over the years has been about losing weight. As I was swimming along this morning I thought that there is so much more to this than just losing the weight. So I have decided to make the rest of September and October about just that. I don’t want to get on the bathroom scales, I don’t need them to tell me if I have put on weight and make me feel depressed. I know what I have eaten (EFS or not) and can feel it in my clothes.

For me this WOL is more about me being healthy and if I lose weight following it then great but it mustn’t become my main objective. I want to be healthy. Over the past couple of years I have fasted, done TRE and the 12 weeks Fast800 and got my weight done lower than I have been for as long as I can remember. I am still slightly over the weight I want to be but need to stop being obsessed by it. My BMI is still in the health range now having been in the top range of obese or may be morbidly obese. It is all I think about from getting up to going to bed.

So I am going to try and love the body I am in and not put too much pressure on myself or even punish myself for eating that ice cream and allow myself that blip knowing that tomorrow is another day and I can continue my journey not needing to start if off again.

I want to continue 5:2 , continue with TRE (hopefully 18:6 but a minimum of 16:8 ), exercise, eat healthily and chat to you guys every day. So I have just made my pledge till November. I hope I can succeed. It will be hard work for me to change my mind set about my weight and I know it won’t happen overnight but I want to give it a go.

If you get to here, then thank you for listening. It was just something I wanted to write down and I thought there is no better place than here as I am sure that some of you will feel the same.

Well it is a beautiful day here so we are just going a walk to enjoy the sunshine as we don’t know how long it will last and the rain come again.

Tomorrow is another day so just keep on posting.

Day 27 UK NFD

Last day of my week off – will be on every list going in the morning Will see September out on a high

Day 27 – USA/GA – FD

What? So WONDERFUL to see so many Sunday FD’ers! I’m joining you today for the first time, and hoping for a fantastic day. Today’s weigh-in was a steady 243 lbs., and to shake things up this week, I’m going to try for a 4:3 instead of a 5:2, just to try and trick my body back onto a clear path as we transition into October (plus this week was so messed up, it would have otherwise meant waiting six days between FDs, and I don’t want to do that before the holidays)! I’ll be back on the lesser punishing 5:2 next week, though.

Did tons of work in the garden yesterday; great time of year for dividing bulbs, pruning back, digging up weeds, and transplanting in general. I’m going to continue doing so today, just without the huge Tex-Mex takeout supper I had with my family last night. Sooo good, though!

Question of the day: What things keep you occupied (when/if not at work) on your fast days?

Today, I will continue to sweat it out in the garden, and clean up my “junk” areas of the yard and house. If it rains (hard to tell what it wants to do right now), then some house cleaning and back to scanning family photos (a major project of mine on which I’ve been working off and on for the past couple of years).

My friends are yawning at the 240s Club. “It’s getting late. I don’t want to be here much longer,” one of them says. The other is slumped over the table, drool slightly dribbling from the corner of her mouth. The whole sitting area is messy and stinks. The bartender notes last call is in an hour. I take something out of my pocket; it’s the pamphlet I found earlier. I flip through the slick colorful brochure for the 230s Overlook, a beautiful national park that provides a panoramic view of the most gorgeous natural landscapes. It’s been at least three years since I last visited, and I know it’s not too far away from town. I could do with a change of venue, breathing in that fresh mountain air while listening to songbirds call from the tree branches. It’s a tough climb, but the view from the top is worth it. I wonder if a spontaneous trip would do us a world of good. “Listen,” I say. “I have an idea…”

Good luck to everyone on the pocket lists today! Woo hoo!

Pocket list day 27
    @at FD800
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

ZBC day 27
    @kazoo
    @at
    @snowflake56
    @northgeorgia

DTF day 27
    @at (DTO)
    @flourbaby (DTO)
    @northerndawn (DTO)
    @ccco

Exercise Day 27
    @kazoo

Day 27 Canada NFD

It’s a gorgeous sunny morning, but chilly. The first frost of the fall which I love seeing. I have 40lbs of tomatoes to can so lots to do indoors but will definitely get out for a walk.

@snowflake56 and @northgeorgia congrats on losing. I have a roast lamb dinner and bottle of wine lined up for tonight and then back to a veg heavy diet next week.

Day 27 …. second post

Never tried to do this before, a link to a one minute video from this mornings walk, from my ‘phone.

I just love where we live …….

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6zU1yvWquH1V2vuYA

Day 27 – UK – FD800

Very active this weekend with a 15.7km hike yesterday and a 14km one today and kept to my FD800 yesterday as planned – today is on target for another FD800 🤞 must not let myself get distracted and keep drinking lots of water…….

@snowflake56 – thank you for putting me on the pocket list and yes Day 26 was a successful day 🤗
    @kazoo – today was definitely warmer than yesterday as the cold wind has eased off – hope your swim went well – I did most of my hike today in a t-shirt – certainly topped up my Vit D yesterday and today!!
    @i-hate-lettuce – hope you enjoyed your early walk today – I was a bit lazy did not get out of the house until 1130 but covered a fair bit of ground and really enjoyed myself – the sun was lovely and warm

Good luck to everyone on the pocket lists today! Small and select group today – We can do this!!!

Pocket list day 27
    @at FD800
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco
    @flourbaby

ZBC day 27
    @kazoo
    @at
    @snowflake56
    @northgeorgia

DTF day 27
    @at (DTO)
    @flourbaby (DTO)
    @northerndawn (DTO)
    @ccco

Exercise Day 27
    @kazoo
    @at

Michael Boyle
    “Most people give up right before the big break comes — don’t let that person be you.”

Day 27 Minnesota, USA. NFD
    Day 26 NFD

Yesterday came in at about 50 cals over TDEE….late snack of flax and granola with pumpkin seeds… and a tsp. of clover honey. I’m not sure why that became a craving for a couple hours, but I gave into it, or else the day would have been 1000 or under. Oh well.

No cookout get together today with DD’s family, as SIL had to travel for the last week, and now we are avoiding them for about 10 days just to play it safe. He was in a hot spot area where many don’t feel the need to wear masks or isolate.

I may spend the day roasting veg and making bone broth and soups for cozy FDs as the weather turns cooler this week.

@i-hate-lettuce What a beautiful area to live in and hike through! Thank you for sharing your video.

@stitchincarol. Thank you for volunteering to host in October…You will be wonderful at it. And you are so right that focusing on our action plans are the way to go to achieve the feeling and the reality of success. Scales are so temperamental, anyway. They are influenced by many factors, and only give a picture of reality if averaged over time… Actions are much easier to measure and feel good about.

@basyjames. Thank you for your comments about my earlier post, and thank you for offering to host in November. It’s great to think that the challenges are all set for the next couple months. Comforting to know they will be here and we can continue our journeys together.

@at You are at a perfect weight for your height, whether 25 or 62….You are a star of this WOL! I also have people coming to replace fascia, soffits, and new gutters sometime soon. They were suppose to call and schedule once the roofers were done but they haven’t. I really don’t like not knowing how to plan my weeks, so hopefully they call soon. We have had blizzards towards the end of October in this part of the country, and I would like to get it all done before the snow flies. And I have no idea how long such a thing takes. Fingers crossed we all get our work done soon and have it over with!

@snowflake56. Good luck with the glazing! I hope it goes well without too much of a mess. Glass shards are awful to try to clean up, it seems some are always missed. I hope you and your cat can avoid the stress. And I agree that a day or two of just eggs is all I’m willing to do. I was even wondering if I’m actually allergic to them and just didn’t realize, because by the third day I really didn’t feel well. Or maybe full and constant ketosis is best left to the young or very overweight.

Best of luck to all!

D27 NFD UK Lake District

2nd post

Well what a lovely day it has been today. First a glorious 45 minute swim, then I broke my 18.5 hours fast with avocado on toast and salad for lunch. OH then suggested we went a walk and we did 5.5k.m. Came back had a cup of tea then it was time to start preparing dinner. Kitchen closed at 6.15pm. A really good NFD for me.

@flourbaby Hope you FD has gone well.

@betsylee Just stay with it and keep posting.

@brightonbelle Hope you had a good week off and I will be joining you on the lists

@northgeorgia How did the Sunday fast go?

@i hate lettuce. The link worked well. Looks lovely looks a bit like Tarn Hows?

@at You have done well with exercise this weekend I am glad you joined me on the list, I was being to feel a bit lonely.It was warmer today. The swim was lovely. We went swimming on Friday and the air temperature felt as cold as the water which is apparently about 13 degrees. It just takes a while to warm up afterwards.

My aims for tomorrow are ZBC a walk the Leslie and a F800 day.

Tomorrow is a new day, just keep posting.

Day 27 – Rural Nebraska, USA

We had a lovely time with family in California, and got home at 9:30 last night. We still had to spend about forty-five minutes at church (a block away) to be ready for services this morning, and when we got home I fell into bed and slept almost straight through to 7 this morning, when I struggled to wake up enough to get ready for church. @northerndawn, I may appear to have lots of energy, LOL, but it sure is nowhere present today! I’m also on an eating streak…it doesn’t feel out of control, just determined. So I’m relaxing about it, and vowing to be firmly back on the wagon in the morning.

Thanks, @basyjames, for your kindness, and I’m excited to be hosting October. I’ll get it going soon.

@diana123, it’s great to “meet” you; welcome back!
    @northgeorgia, I love your skill at taking a weight goal and turning it into a visual goal, a little story, a vignette. Beautifully written!
    Wow, @i-hate-lettuce, such a gorgeous little video, and a beautiful area. I had no idea England looked like that anywhere!
    @kazoo, you’ve done so well; congratulations!

Have a grand day, everyone, and we’ll all be joining lists tomorrow!

Day 27 USA (Illinois) OMAD

Just home from our Historical Society ‘banquet’ that consisted of a box fried chicken dinner. Of course I had to eat the apple pie they had for dessert.

@i-hate-lettuce – that was such a delightful travelogue of your surroundings! Such beautiful countryside you have there.

Hope I can catch up with all the postings tomorrow.

Onward and downward.

Day 27 – Second post

Okay, I just got the October challenge started. After “Auspicious August” and “Salubrious September,” I really felt the pressure for something glorious for October. The best I could come up with, however, was “Determined December.” Since we’re not there yet, I gave up on a clever name and went with one that echoes what so many have said over the last week plus: they need to hit the re-set button. So “Reset October” it is. I invite you all to join in the fun and festivities! 🙂

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/october-2020-monthly-challenge-reset-october/#post-317722

Is there someone who’s willing and able to set up the spreadsheet for us for October?

Second post…

@kazoo Today’s fast day went pretty well. I didn’t eat a thing until about 5:30, but I was busy with the outdoor work and got most of it done! I think I may have eaten up to 600 calories (darn grapes!), but not so bad.

@stitchincarol Reset October sounds perfect! Yes, the little vignettes make the journey come to life for me, and since I have a long way to go, the creative writing may keep things light and interesting along the way!

Third post…

@i-hate-lettuce Wow, such a beautiful view! That’s sort of the scenery I was picturing in my mind for my “230s Overlook!” I should have taken a look at the video before writing my vignette. Amazing place!

OK, see you all on Day 28!

Day 28 – Japan – WFD #77

Really tried today but fasting. Actually it is easier when you are too tried to eat. I’m only tried because I didn’t get enough sleep.

day 28, NFD, Aus

I usually do FDs on Monday. @stitchincarol‘s wise words about taking control of actions rather than future results goals struck a chord. And then I mindlessly let my feet take me to the cafe for a schnitzel roll for lunch. Why?!?!??!

If I can turn this into a OMAD then it won’t be so bad.

Hanging on for Reset October. OMG I Will Do It October. Optimistic October.

Day 27 — third post

@penz, I’m certain you can do it! Change your mindset, decide you’re doing OMAD on Monday because that’s what you choose; that you know how to change plans on a dime, so that schnitzel roll took precedence at lunch and now you’re choosing not to eat any more until Tuesday because that will make you feel so amazing, and you are worth feeling amazing. Chin up, you can do this!!

thanks @stitchincarol – you’re so right.

Day 28, Emden Germany, NFD

@stitchincarol Thank you for offering to host the October challenge.

@basyjames Thank you for offering to host the November challenge.

@i-hate-lettuce Thanks you for the video. It’s a beautiful piece of the world you live in, no wonder you go on your MOAM walks.

@northgeorgia If I’m hungry on a FD and don’t want to eat yet, I sort things out or re-arrange books. Cleaning also helps. I liked your the little vignette.

@bellyblast We went on holiday to Ontario a few times early October and loved the crisp chilly mornings. A few days ago we spoke about where to go after cat times, Canada always comes as our first choice.

@northerndawn I hope the glazing will come in tomorrow, we need a dry day and it’s raining the whole time. I’m afraid the cat will get bits of glass in his paw so I plan to hoover every cm² over an over again. I’m not sure why the 3rd egg-fast day didn’t go well, perhaps it’s just not for us.

@at You seem to be back on track again!

Pocket list day 28
    @dykask WFD
    @at FD800
    @kazoo FD800

ZBC day 28
    @at
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56

DTF day 28
    @at (DTO)
    @flourbaby (DTO)
    @northerndawn (DTO)

Day 28 – Lake district UK – CFD

Good morning everyone

Pleased the video link worked, not tried it before! Glad you enjoyed it, Yes @kazoo, it is Tarn Hows. We have so much fabulous scenery and the walks can be everything from estuary to mountains, all within half an hour or so of home.
    We just had to visit early in the day while the sun was low and it was quiet, traffic was getting busy as we were heading back home for lunch.

Quiet day today though!

Take care all

Day 28 UK FD

Aiming to end the month on a high Adding myself to every list this morning !

Day 28 Pocket list ☄️
    @brightonbelle

ZBC 🚫🥐
    @brightonbelle

DTF🚫🍸
    @brightonbelle

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️
    @brightonbelle

Ahh that video was beautiful @i-hate-lettuce

Day 28 – UK – FD800

My usual early morning start on a Monday with a 7am Broga Class with OH via Zoom – certainly wakes you up and very energising!!

I have my contact lens/eye check/test at 1100 this morning and afterwards will pop into our fantastic local deli for some fresh sourdough bread, flapjack for OH and some fresh eggs from one of our local farmers – will try very hard not to be tempted by any of their delicious home made cakes/treats!!!!

Meeting 3 friends for a coffee and catch up this afternoon, one of them is feeling very low as her OH who is quiet a bit older than her is back in hospital and no visiting allowed – so difficult for her.

Planning on joining a Zoom Pilates class late afternoon to keep me focused – that’s my day organised!!

@stitchincarol – I’ll happily set up a spreadsheet for the October Challenge and will post it on the page later today. RESET OCTOBER is an ideal tittle in view of the issues a few of us have had recently 😉 Good to hear that you had a fab time with family in California.
    @northerndawn – Thank you for your kind words – 5:2 WOL has been brilliant for me and there is no way that I’m going back to where I was before I discovered it 😊 My gutter chaps have returned this morning so looks like the job will get finished today and then we have to wait for the roofing people to come and sort out the roofing on the extension – they promised to get it done before winter sets in 🤞
    @kazoo – I love going out for hikes on lovely days with blue skies and sunshine, the cold does not bother me much but not so keen on the wet days so try to make the most of any sunny days
    @snowflake56 – I missed your glazing issues – hopefully no stray bits of sharp glass finds anyone feet!! And yes my mojo seems to have come back home and I’m trying to hold on to it firmly – This WOL works so I’m definitely sticking to it!!
    @i-hate-lettuce – I thought it was Tarn Hows – such a beautiful area – good for the soul especially when it is deserted!

Like @brightonbelle – I’m also aiming to end the month on a high so adding myself to every list this morning !

Day 28 Pocket list ☄️
    @dykask WFD
    @at FD800
    @kazoo FD800
    @brightonbelle

ZBC 🚫🥐
    @at
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle

DTF🚫🍸
    @at (DTO)
    @flourbaby (DTO)
    @northerndawn (DTO)
    @brightonbelle

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️
    @brightonbelle
    @at

Florence Griffith Joyner “It’s never too late to change old habits”

D28 FD800 UK Lake District

Didn’t sleep well last night despite the grounding sheet. I woke up at 4am so feel tired now.Thanks @flourbaby for adding me to the lists. I find posting my intentions for the following day, the night before does help.

@stitchincarol. Thank you for hosting Reset October. Just what I need.

@penz You can do this. You have done it before. You can do it now. Press that reset button.

@i hate lettuce Was the belted galloway around Tarn Hows. They were at the car park last time we went. When we finished our walk they had moved into the car park with one at the front of our car and one rubbing up the rear end. DH bravely got into the car leaving me outside as there was no room for me to get round. He was so brave

Good luck to everyone on the pocket lists today.

Day 28 Pocket list
    @dykask WFD
    @at FD800
    @kazoo FD800
    @brightonbelle

ZBC
    @at
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle

DTF
    @at (DTO)
    @flourbaby (DTO)
    @northerndawn (DTO)
    @brightonbelle

Exercise
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @kazoo

Keep posting nearly there.

Day 28, London, UK, NFD

My FD went well yesterday, not a LFD but a back to basics old fashioned regular 500cal FD!!! Thanks for the crossed fingers @kazoo🙏.
    @northgeorgia, I see you being kicked out of the nightclub sometime in the very near future😂!! The 230’s garden sounds like a place you have to visit sooner rather than later!! For me, I never thought I could fast at home, it was sooo hard,😢 I used to do B2B2B’s because I only work Tue-Thurs and FDs at work are easy. Lockdown meant I really couldn’t let the fear of a home FD get to me and it gave me the opportunity to move on to LFDs ………………who knew??? Anyway, the key for me has been to spread my work out through the day and also to add a couple of exercise classes per day which always reduces my appetite!! Win-win!!

@i-hate-lettuce, WOW!!!! No wonder you love your MOAM or more recently MOAW’s……………………. what a fantastic view 👀!!!

@dykask, I’m the same as you today, moving very, very slowly after a terrible nights’ sleep, although I have just finished an hours’ yoga class!. Perhaps it’ll be a CD for me😇?

Stay strong everyone, roll on Reset October, I’ll be making it a Sober October too!!!

“It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.” Chuck Palahniuk

Day 28 Murrells Inlet South Carolina NFD

I didn’t have time to join in yesterday. Totally forgot about the spreadsheet thanks for the reminder. I will need to get that updated. Working on getting my mindset in order.

Don’t limit your challenge’s, challenge your limits.

Have a great Monday

Day 28 Melb Aust NFD

Quietly persevering. Will try for a FD800 tomorrow.

@kazoo, agree with you that just losing weight is not the main goal for most of us here, though looking better in particular clothes can be a real mood booster. I began this WOL because I have health goals to meet. Even though I’ve gotten a little off-track this month, RESET OCTOBER will be a wonderful re-start (though I will admit that @penz‘s “Optimistic October” is another moniker I resonate with).

@northgeorgia, your humour and encouragement has been great this month – I should have listened more! I loved your last post with the description of the approach of the 230s 🙂

@stitchincarol, you’ll be a another great host for us in October. Onward and downwards we will go!

@basyjames, you’ll have to come up with a brilliant name for our November challenge, but thanks for already volunteering.

Only 2 more days to go – don’t really want to get on the scales, but it will encourage me to see it all going down again in October 🙂

Day 28 – USA/GA – NFD

Today’s weigh-in was 241 lbs. Yes! Now gotta watch myself today — to enjoy food but also eat sensibly 😉

Today’s tip: Join @stitchincarol as she hosts “Reset October.” The thread is available now in the forum for participants to announce their membership. I’m in, are you?

Now join me along with Wesley (WEight) and Lola (LOss) back at the 240s Club…

Wesley grabs the brochure from my fingers and skims over it in the dimly lit club. “You know something,” he says, “this is really close by. I’ve seen this place advertised on television but have never been. Is the hike difficult?” I smile, thinking of the journey ahead, “no, not at all. But you do have to pace yourself. You may stumble on a few tree roots and rocks on the path, but it’s easily done. You’ll find it’s worth the effort.” Wesley contemplates this for a moment then says, “I’m guessing I should bring plenty of water?” I nod, then glance over at the still snoozing Lola. “Speaking of water, someone is going to need to rehydrate…” A soft snore escapes Lola’s lips, rising slightly above the pounding beats of the club. Her right cheek seems plastered to the disgusting stickiness of the table’s surface. Wesley stands up and faces the bar. “I’ll be back.”

Good luck to everyone in the pocket lists today!

Day 28 North Canton OH WFD
    I know we have talked about this before but what a dumpster fire of a year we have had! I just remember how wonderful 2020 was supposed to be and then whack! Wham! Bam! in the face and then when we doubled over, we got clobbered over the head! Lots of reeling going on. It has been quite a year and we still have a few months to go- I seriously wonder what is next!
    @i hate lettuce, thank you for sharing that video. Just beautiful, just beautiful….and it is free for everyone to enjoy, amazing!
    @kazoo I understand exactly what you wrote down and I can empathize. Good for you for identifying exactly how you feel and for pledging to love your body just the way it is. It is difficult to care for anything that you do not appreciate and our bodies do a lot for us, they may be a little more padded than we like but they have carried us through thick and thin. When we start with self-love and work towards health and wellness, we can’t go wrong. Thanks for the reminder.
    @northgeorgia those vignettes put a smile on my face, keep em coming 😁

Good luck to everyone in the pocket lists today!

Day 28 Pocket list
    @dykask WFD
    @at FD800
    @kazoo FD800
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames WFD

ZBC
    @at
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames

DTF
    @at (DTO)
    @flourbaby (DTO)
    @northerndawn (DTO)
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames

Exercise
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @kazoo
    @basyjames

Day 28 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿??

Coasting out of the month in a no pressure fashion. Today maybe a FD as I have only had a bowl of veg soup for brunch so far, but my focus is firmly on relaxing out of struggling September and getting my head on straight for October.

Stay strong Monday fasters.

Day 28 Canada FD

A busy day ahead so going to throw in an extra FD to finish the month strong. Looking forward to reading posts during the day!

Day 28 Pocket list
    @dykask WFD
    @at FD800
    @kazoo FD800
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames WFD
    @bellyblast

ZBC
    @at
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames
    @bellyblast

DTF
    @at (DTO)
    @flourbaby (DTO)
    @northerndawn (DTO)
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames
    @bellyblast

Exercise
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @kazoo
    @basyjames

Day 28 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

After a travel day (Saturday) of eating at strange times in order to eat at all when considering the time difference we’d be ending in (did that even make sense to you all???) and yesterday’s eating being somewhat defiant (I’m making every effort to be kind to myself and not castigate myself for bad behavior) today’s FD will likely be harder than some, but I’m determined so that I can end September on a positive report.

@penz, so how’d it turn out? Did your will-power win, or did your inner dragon persevere?

@northgeorgia, to help me stay on track, my first line of defense is to get out of the house. So I do my usual morning stuff (email, drink coffee, tidy up from the day before) and then around noon, when the temptations start to grow, I drive 40 minutes to Omaha and do errands there (I can do them closer, but then I’m home sooner, LOL). Sometimes I go over to church and do some work on my organ music, writing down comments that I keep track of, putting away music, planning future services, practicing. Sometimes I work in the yard. Sometimes I go into my quilt room and sew all day (but it’s been a long time since I’ve done that…hopefully soon). Sorting things out in the basement is also helpful, but it’s sure not on the top of my list of things I enjoy doing!

@at, so sorry to hear about your DF’s hospitalized OH; that’s the absolute toughest thing about lockdown, and is particularly tough when the hospitalized person has Alzheimer’s (which my BIL had, and he was briefly hospitalized). Have a lovely time with them! –Although, given our time difference, I suspect you’re already home again, LOL. Thanks for setting up the spreadsheet for RESET OCTOBER!

@kazoo, serious sympathies to you on your poor sleep last night. I’ve not slept well most nights for several weeks now, and am hoping the grounding pillowcase I just ordered is at all helpful. And your post about your recent reflections really resonated with me. So well said, and a very healthy and strong attitude to take. Thanks for that.

@flourbaby, congratulations on a good FD yesterday–especially huge CONGRATULATIONS, in fact, since it was on a Sunday, which seems far more difficult to me than any other day of the week!

@northgeorgia, CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are a great example of how, even when the scales don’t seem to be cooperating, continuing on with ACTIONS really does accomplish RESULTS. I’m so delighted for you!

@missybear, “Struggling September” was true for many of us, wasn’t it? Keep strong for our last few days; we can all come out strong and well!

Day 28 Pocket list ☄️
    @dykask WFD
    @at FD800
    @kazoo FD800
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames WFD
    @bellyblast
    @stitchincarol

ZBC 🚫🥐
    @at
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames
    @bellyblast
    @stitchincarol

DTF🚫🍸
    @at (DTO)
    @flourbaby (DTO)
    @northerndawn (DTO)
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames
    @bellyblast
    @stitchincarol

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @kazoo
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol

As I was sitting here thinking about how I’d end my post, I could hear my mom saying “If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well.” So how about if we all nod at my mom’s sagacity and redouble our efforts, ending September in the salubrious way we meant to proceed? It’ll be great practice for RESET OCTOBER, and an opportunity to really polish the halos for those who persevered all month!

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 549 total)

You must be logged in to reply.