second week and am dreading my fast tomorrow

This topic contains 16 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  beadybliss 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

• It has been a week since i have done the 5:2.i lost half a pound last week.tommorow i am fasting and am dreading it.hope it goes well

I have been on weight watchers for many many years.i had got to my goal but always have trouble maintaining it.so now i am doing the 5;2 along side my weightwatchers.on fast days i will eat 500 cals but on non fast days i will stick to my daily points.just losing half a pound i was really gutted

Hi shazia20
    Welcome to the forum and 5:2, sorry to hear you are having a bit of a tough start. 🙁

There are lots of topics that discuss the challenges of fasting, so do have a good look around this forum for suggestions.
    What are the aspects that you find particularly challenging? Let us know then we can give you ideas for that.

Although 1/2lb is not as much as you would have liked to lose, at least it is something. If you are around your goal weight, then you are less likely to lose as much as those with more to lose. People suggest giving 5:2 at least 6 weeks to get a good sense of how it is working for you.

I am not sure about how WW works – ie how many calories daily points would equate to relative to your TDEE. But if you are happy and don’t feel deprived sticking to daily points, then that would be fine.

Best wishes, hope the fast day is not too bad 🙂
    Sassy
    PS congrats with reaching goal with WW – if you can do WW, you can certainly do this 😀

Dear Shazia20,

All the best for tomorrow – it’s my first week too and I’m not expecting dramtic results either. I keep telling myself; if you lost 1/2 a pound every week for 6 months, that’s a stone. A stone gone for ever, all those bags of sugar, bye bye.

I hope it goes well {hugs}

Aud x

Hey thanx for all your support.as tomorow ive decided to fast i have blown it today.had 3 chocolate bars.just couldnt stop.felt like i need to make the most of today.is this wrong.i feel so guilty

Hi everyone.just completed my fast today.did very well.am quite surprised with myself as i thought i would give up but i didnt.i found that keeping myself busy made me not think or miss my food.got a lot done as i didnt have to worry about my dinners.i didnt feel hungry at all.feel really good

Hi shazia, why are you beating yourself up?. It seems to me that you can do this with little or no problem. There are no instant fixes to losing weight. This is a lifestyle that we follow. Weight loss is a welcome plus but the inner health benefits are the main target. Fasting is achievable as you have found out. Be positive with yourself. Well done.
    Good luck keep us updated.

Well done shazia, that’s awesome to hear it went much better than expected!

I’m the same re stocking up ‘ for tomorrow’ I’m hoping that mind set goes eventually, when i realise food is not leaving the planet.

I did my second fast today.it went well today.am really chuffed with myself.i do my weigh ins on thursdays so i feel so relieved i hav done my two fasts for this week n can relax for the next three days now.i just kept myself busy all day by playing with the kids.i felt i was able to spend more quality time with them rather than worrying about the next meal.

Hi shazia, you still seem to have this attitude that this is an awesome mountain to climb when in actual fact you have done two fast days and here you are talking about relaxing for three days before your next fast. Why?. You seem to now be able to see that fasting is not the great challenge you think it is. You have proven to yourself that despite your worries two fast days have been achieved, give yourself some slack, recognise that fasting is just another day, no worries, no aggravation, no sweat. I have just come in from a night at the Sage Theatre at Gateshead having enjoyed a superb evening watching Brian Ferry perform. Tomorrow is a fast day for me. No sweat, no worries, no aggravation. It is just another day when I will gain some positives for my inner health. It is part of my way of life. Make your fast days part of your way of life, no aggravation, no worries, no sweat. You have proved to yourself it is easily achievable and we are all rooting for you.
    Good Luck, keep us updated

I completely agree with Couscous on this one. You seem to be like me, it has to be all or nothing – and when it doesn’t go well for a little bit you immediately beat yourself up and think you “should’ve done better”. Well, the thing is, if you keep thinking that way it’ll never be good enough. First I was eating too much and I was mad I wasn’t eating healthy. Then I started eating healthy and I got mad I didn’t exercise enough. Then I started exercising and got mad I didn’t do as many push-ups as a few months ago.

You’ve done two fast days! If you have a TDEE of 2000 that’s 3000 calories you’ve cut from a week. That’s something to be proud of, and the next fast day you’ll cut 1500 more and be healthier and happier for it!

Hi.thamx for all your support guys i really am grateful.well here i am after 6 weeks and i am really grateful to the 5:2.every week i have been losing weight.each week wen i lose the weight i think naa il just put it on next week but amazingly i have been so shocked.continuously i have been loaing.sometimes it may be a little as a half a pound but stil am very happy.it was my sisters sixteen bitthday this week n i feel i went over board on the buffet so jave decided to do the 4:3.however i was just reading through the forums n i read sumat about 16:8.does anyone know wat thats about would be very pleased to know.thanx.tomorow is my third fast of the week.

I find I dread things I overthink. Turn off your brain and just go with it. I find it helps. Good luck this week. I found that after week 2 it got so much easier!

Hey Shazia, you can always use the search function to look for posts that mention 16:8! 🙂 Anyway, it’s quite simple. You have an 8 hour window in which you eat, and you fast for 16 hours a day every day (including sleeping). Most people do this simply by skipping breakfast.

Hi shazia20,

Sorry I can’t answer your question about 16:8.. maybe that’s Alternate Day Fasting? (Which Michael did discuss on the initial BBC2 programme). Oh wait, Nika knows about it, I see her post now.

WELL DONE for sticking with it and enjoy Christmas with your family.
    Aud x

Hi, Shazia,

I have often realized that I spend more energy on the worrying than the actual task takes. It sounds like you’re doing really well, and just adapting to a new lifestyle. There will be days it goes great, and others, not so much.

If it takes a few adjustments here and there when I try something new, I tend to think I’ve failed, though I’d never think that of someone else – I would say they are learning and testing the waters. Sometimes we have the hardest time giving ourselves a little grace to work through the tough spots. Don’t give up – we’re cheering for you!

Hi

As an ex-WW, I, too, found that when I stuck to my 29 PPs, I didn’t lose that much – I now ignore the PPs, eat healthy things I like and the weight is coming off. I tend to avoid too mcuh sugar on my feast days as I find I get a ‘sugar hangover’ the next morning.

Try eating more?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply.