Saturday dining

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  faaizans 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Been on 5 2 for a month and lost 16 pounds. Am goung out tonight to a mexican food restaurant and a bit worried about what to eat…..
    Any advice please?
    Nina

Wow, what stellar results!

Maybe by the time you read this, you might have already eaten in the restaurant?

What I order is a Tostada, if possible. These usually consist of a corn tortilla base with a thin layer of re-friend beans on top and shredded chicken or beef layered on the beans. This is usually heaped high with lettuce, salsa and garnished with olives and sometimes sour cream and cheese. If I don’t want the sour cream or cheese, it is easy to ask for that to be omitted. I find the salad, meat and beans satiating. Beans are one of the more insulin friendly choices in carbs since they contain a fair bit of resistant starch which is also good for our digestion. Meat offers protein and it is up to you if you feel to eat the crispy corn tortilla base. Sometimes I’m happy just having a bite and leaving the rest. I tend to pass on any crispy corn chips and salsa put on the table before the meal.

Thankyou
    Am pleased with results but thinking the hrt tablets might be helping a bit.
    Not been out yet. Have calculated a few dishes ( been on there website)
    Think chilli with rice or and enchilanda minus the guacamole
    And a beer for dessert lol

If it isn’t a fast day there is no reason why you can’t have what you want if you don’t have too large a portion. I would be avoiding the carbs ie rice and and eating the enchilada with guacamole as avocados are full of goodness and healthy fat.

So i devided on enchilada and rice. I had a beer only had half the rice and opted for salad. Feeling a bit bloaty this morning (sunday 7.39 am) so decided on a fast day. That will be three this week but back to two tomorrow.
    Proud i didnt eat the sticky toffee my partner had.

I know this is a skill thats a good while to master, but try to eyeball food when you’re out. One way you can practice this is to try eyeballing fast food, write down that calorie number you predicted, and then search up the actual nutrition info that’s online for that restaurant. See how close/off you were! Eventually, you’ll reach a point where you can be objective in your estimates and you eyeball guesses will be quite accurate.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.