Returnee to 5-2

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Higashibashi 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Well, as the title implies I’m new sort of. I had tried the 5-2 last year but real life beat me and I started eating as per usual..

I’m aware this question may have been asked many times before, but I wondered if any facts may have changed in the past year or two.
    My question is now that I’m re-starting the 5-2, is it OK to do water only days?

I’m intending to do a Monday and a Thursday diet day with zero calories. Reason being I find it very hard to stop snacking if I have even a small bit of food in the beginning of the day. It’s a kind of all or nothing approach.

Does this method work for you? Is it sustainable?

I remember one thing of doing this before, was that I got terrible headaches during the diet days that water couldn’t dissipate. Not always but they were a pain in the head!

Ketones, carb withdrawals etc, I never did work out what those headaches were.

Any advice and help much appreciated.

Hi there! Water fast is possible, but because of no food intake, you probably experienced headaches as a side effect of sodium shortage. Bone broth, vegemite/marmite in hot water drink or any low-cal salty drink in the middle of the day helps.

Ah I see. Sodium. I’ll need to read up some more but thanks for the advice.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.