Relative difference?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sylvestra 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I’ve been 5:2ing for five weeks and initially lost quite impressive amounts of weight, but this has slowed right down, although I’m still losing inches. I’m finding the fasting very easy, but am not very hungry on ‘normal’ days. Does the 5:2 work better if there’s a bigger difference between calorie intake on fasting and non-fasting days? ie, should I be eating more than I am on non-fasting days? I might be eating 800-900 on these days. I sort of feel that it’s the swing between normal (high) and low that triggers all the benefits, but stand to be corrected!

This might be very well the case. If you undere eat on your feeding days your metabolism slows down as tge body is trying to hang on to fat.

I assume you have calculated your TDEE and BMR? If not the is a link on this website. You should stay between your BMR and TDEE on non fast days.

BMR is the minimum (!) of calories that your body needs to exist. It is the amount f calories that you burn even if you did nothing!

800-900 calories appears to be under your BMR and I would suggest you eat more calories as over time you will damage your body.

Ideally you eat 500/600 calories on your fast days and up to your TDEE on your non fast days (not over though)

Hope this helps?

Best of luck
    Stef.

Thanks Stef, I thought I might be undereating. Oh no, croissant for breakfast tomorrow then, it’s a hard life!

I love this new way of life and am positively evangelical about it. My IBS has gone and I can now eat what I want. I wish I could afford to have had all the relevant tests to chart my improvement, but I know it’s happening, and that’s what counts.

@media3440 Hi – I think Stef has made valid point there, 800-900 calories must be well below your BMR, let alone your TDEE.

I struggle to eat enough on some of my non fast days. My weight loss has been kind of ‘stuck’ for the last 3 weeks and I’m pretty sure it’s because I’m not eating enough on my non fast days.

At my age (67)height and current weight etc, my BMR is 1162 – not a lot by some standards – and sometimes I struggle to even reach that never mind my TDEE of 1592!

I am making a concentrated effort to eat my full 400 cals (25% of my TDEE) on fast days and AT LEAST 1400 on my non fast days to see if that will make a difference.

Let’s make a pact to try and eat more!! Who thought we’d have to say THAT to help us lose weight? 😀

xx

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.