REALLY simple ideas for 100 cal and 200 cal vegetarian "meals"

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Recipes
REALLY simple ideas for 100 cal and 200 cal vegetarian "meals"

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Mywordz 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Hi Everyone. I’m looking for REALLY simple ideas for 100 cal and 200 cal “meals” suitable for a vegetarian. Cooking makes me hungry, so I prefer to spend as little time as possible cooking on diet days. I must seem very fussy but I don’t like food from a factory (packets) except frozen veg or simple tinned items like baked beans.
    One of my 100 cal snacks is 120g baked beans – ideal for me, just open the tin, weigh the beans and eat.
    I also prefer the full fat option of any food, because it’s healthier and usually contains less or no sugar. So it’s full fat yoghurt OR no yoghurt on diet days.
    I do cook but when on a diet I only cook once a week. I have a recipe for mixed veg curry and I make 8 portions and freeze them.
    I don’t mind a boring diet. That way I think about food less. I like to keep my mind occupied with anything except food.
    I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

Hi Mark, I saw your post and it got me thinking that someone must have had suggestions in the past, so I did a quick google search and came up with these. Figured if I can’t eat as much food today (my FD) then I can at least look at it and drool 😉

Not all on this page are vegetarian, but there does seem to be quite a few, and doesn’t look too complicated either:
    https://feed5fast2.wordpress.com/tag/100-200-calories/

And this one has some great looking recipes too:
    http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/recipes/calorie-counted/vegetarian-dishes/100-200.htm

As does this one:
    http://allrecipes.com/recipes/15001/healthy-recipes/low-calorie/200-calorie-main-dishes/vegetarian/?page=2

Hope you find something you like, let me know if you try any and what they’re like.
    Cheers
    Ren..

Thank you so much, Arvandee. There are some great ideas there. I eat 500 calories on my fast days, so some of those recipes will help me a lot. From what you say it seems that your fast days are totally food-free. That must be hard.
    I’m going to copy down some of the recipes now.
    Best wishes.
    Mark

Oh gosh no Mark, I definitely eat my 500cal worth on a FD, I’m not up for a no food fast, that’s why I like this type of program. 😉
    Hope you’ve tried some of those recipes, I recently made cauliflower fried rice for the first time and absolutely loved it, so much food, so few calories.

My favorite fasting day meal is 100 grams cottage cheese topped with 4 sliced strawberries. The 100 grams full fat cottage cheese is 107 calories and the 74 grams of strawberries is 24 calories for a total of 131 calories.

I use http://www.myfitnesspal.com to calculate all the simple foods, how many calories they are and how much of each I’m able to eat.

I also don’t like packet foods, though I make an exception for the ‘La Zuppa’ brand soups! Most of them do not contained added sugar and the ‘Spicey Lentil’ variety is very tasty and easy for a fasting day when I want something fast and I haven’t cooked ahead of time.

Also, here’s a recipe from one of the threads on this forum. I know this is something that one might want to cook ahead of time, though it’s great to have the calorie count aspect to the recipe:

MEDITERRANEAN VEGGIE CHILLI

190 calories
    Serves 3

• 1½ tbs olive oil
    • 1 red onion, diced
    • 1½ mixed peppers, deseeded and diced
    • 1 courgette, diced
    • ½ large aubergine, diced
    • 2-3 tsp Cajun spice mix
    • 400g tin cherry tomatoes in juice
    • ½ x 400gm tin kidney beans, drained (= 100 gms beans!)
    • 125g bag of young spinach

Put olive oil, diced red onions, mixed peppers, courgettes, large aubergine and Cajun spice mix in a large saucepan.

Cook over a medium heat for about 10 mins. Add tomatoes and kidney beans and simmer for a further 15 mins. Finally, stir through spinach.

If you’d like to check out other recipes on this thread, here’s the link. It isn’t necessarily a vegetarian thread, though there are a few veggie recipes you might like to see, most with calorie counts included: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/southern-hemispherites-fd-recipes/

Thanks Lael. I will definitely try all veggie recipes suggested. The veggie chilli recipe falls into my evening meal category.
    I have a 100 cal breakfast at noon and 2 meals of 200 cals each later in the day on diet days. Breakfast is often 120g baked beans, eaten cold (savouring every bean) but not straight out of the can! My favourite evening meal so far is:
    Mixed Vegetable Curry
    Serves: 8 Calories: 90 cals per serving (I think)
    2 onions, chopped
    6 cloves garlic chopped
    Low cal cooking spray
    3 tbsp curry powder
    800g can chopped tomatoe
    1 x 300g aubergine
    1 red pepper (large)
    1 green pepper (large)
    1 courgette (large)
    4 tbsp (170g) tomato puree (optional – deduct 25 cals if not using)
    Heat a little low cal spray in a frying pan and gently sauté the onions and garlic 3 minutes.
    Add the curry powder and cook 3 minutes.
    Add all other ingredients and ¼ pint boiling water.
    Bring to boil and simmer 20 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender.
    1 hard boiled egg per person adds 90 cals.
    1 portion of cauliflower rice adds 25 cals.
    I also like Skinny Spag Bol https://www.getthegloss.com/article/fast-cook-the-5-2-skinny-spaghetti-bolognese-recipe
    What I find most difficult is finding 100 cal recipes
    If anyone wants to check the cals in my curry, I would be delighted. I’m no good at maths.

Hi again, I’ve added my cauliflower rice into Myfitnesspal and it comes out at 124cal – food is enough for two serves (62cal each) or a good hearty single meal at 124cal. I use a non-stick pan and if needed drizzle a little water in if it looks like it might stick (you don’t need oil to fry veges). You can reduce quantities a little to bring it down to 100cal as a single serve if you like and add in any other veges that are your favourite, peppers would be good too, 100g is about 40cal, so you could easily adjust it to suit.

Dice the onion and sautee in pan.
    Finely chop the cauliflower, add to pan to fry
    I microwave frozen veg and carrots for 1min and then add them to pan
    Lastly add in the soy sauce just before you serve making sure you mix it through thoroughly.

200 g, Cauliflower – Raw
    20 g, Australian Corn Kernels – Frozen
    5 ml, Dark Soy Sauce
    50 g, Carrots
    0.50 cup, Snap frozen peas
    1/3rd, Brown Onion – Medium

% Daily Value *
    Total Fat 0 g 1 %
    Saturated Fat 0 g 0 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg 0 %
    Sodium 241 mg 10 %
    Potassium 405 mg 12 %
    Total Carbohydrate 12 g 4 %
    Dietary Fiber 4 g 17 %
    Sugars 5 g
    Protein 4 g 7 %
    Vitamin A 84 %
    Vitamin C 81 %
    Calcium 3 %
    Iron 3 %

Hi all,
    good recipies there.
    My favorite fast day looks like this:
    Skip breakfast
    for lunch some boiled veggies and algae or konjac noodles.They are only around 30 kcal for a decent portion and are filling and reasonably satisfying.
    For a very quick meal a tin of tomatoes and a tin of your favorite mushrooms with the noodles would go well. Add some silken tofu to cream the dish up a bit. Silken tofu is very low in calories and adds a lot of taste.
    I have that with a big green salad, dressed with a blend of bell pepper, cyder vinegar and silken tofu, lovely.That comes to about 250 kcal and is a lot to eat.It does fill me up for a couple of hours or so.

In the evening I tend to have a porridge of 1 tablespoon each of flax seed and chia seed, ground fine, 2 serving spoons of protein powder and half an apple cut fine. I add hot water to that and top with soya yogourt. That makes a tasty and satisfying meal of about 250kcal.
    Good luck on your weightloss journeys. I have lost 12 pound in 3 months with the above recipies.

Hi people,
    Some lovely veggie recipes here. Thanks! The curry sounds good. I used to eat konyaku in Japan. Somehow I hate the taste as it’s like fish… They used to make konyaku desserts which were handy and the fruit taste made it palatable. Tofu is lovely, must get some.

I like steamed green veggies, with 30g of mozzarella cheese (75 cal in the cheese) and 2 ml of garlic oil (18) cal. I don’t know what the cals are in the veggies. I suppose in total it’s 100 cal for this meal. Mozzarella is chewy!
    Also cottage cheese with freshly chopped onion, salt and pepper. You could add other things eg sometimes I put chilli flakes in. 160 cal for a big 300g pot. (This is low fat cottage cheese, and v tasty!)
    x

Hi. I’m a vego, too. I often do a big stirfry of vegies and break an egg or two, depending how many calories I have left, on top and cook until the whites are solid.

Hi Mark, here is a favourite, simple 2 ingredient recipe.

Super filling cookies:

2 overipe bananas – mashed =180 cals
    1 cup rolled oats, (not quick or instant oats) =300 cals

Stir the oats into the mashed bananas and let sit for 5 mins. Spoon onto a parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 mins for a soft,chewy cookie,or 25 mins for a crisp cookie. This will make 12 good sized cookies = 40 cals each.

You can fancy them up by sprinkling with cinnamon, flax or chia seeds, if you like.

😊
    Thanks for starting this thread👍

Some great ideas here. As a dessert I like 0% fat fromage frais/queso fresco/Quark with stevia. I sometimes add 1 tsp pure cocoa powder (zero fat too). 100g no-fat fromage frais is 46 cals. It’s quick and easy and tastes great.

WOW! Thanks for the Mediterranean Veggie Chilli recipe, Minka. I have just made it today. It makes an excellent main course, diet or no diet. For me it was a new taste. I am comparing it to my first taste of Melanzana Parmigiana, another superb dish I discovered a couple of years back in Italy. Both of these are now part of my small collection of favourite meals. And to think it only comes out at 190 calories – well I exceeded that calorie count today. I just had to have a second helping! I doubled the quantities in the recipe. I like to eat some and freeze some. I’m not sure if Cajun spice mix is available here in Spain but I made my own from a simple recipe I found on the web:
    Cajun Spice Mix:
    2 tsp salt
    1 tsp cayenne
    1 tsp Paprika
    1 tsp black pepper
    1 tsp dried oregano

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply.