Ready to commit!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Linds 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi, my name is Cate and I’m quite over weight. I’m 5’7 and weigh 220 lbs. At 53 it’s harder to lose weight than ever, seems like at 50 my metabolism dropped to half.

I started doing the 5/2 fast in October last year and it wasn’t as hard as I imagined, but then the holidays hit and I blew the whole thing off. 🙂 So now it’s time to commit.

Today is my first day fasting and I also swam this morning, another first for me. Hopefully, I didn’t take on to much. It’s only one day. 🙂

I’m in the US and after reading through this forum haven’t seen many from here. Is there another forum for the US?

Have a wonderful day!!
    Cate

Hi Cate,
    We are from all over the world, and everybody helps each other. On the forum you find the NZ and Aussies start the day rolling into China onto the UK ending over in the USA. I find it amazing we are all working to the same goal. The last month has been a bit quiet with the holidays and a few people ill with viruses but I am sure it will get going again.

My hubby joined me on the 5.2, and in 5 months we both lost 28 lbs each, it is so do able, so easy. We swim twice a week for about 45 minutes and think it really helps.

Really Good Luck and keep going don’t forget to measure yourself. ( my hubby lost 8″ off his waist, fantastic)

Hi Cate, I’m from England like symba, and just wanted to say hello and welcome to the forum.

I am 58 and have lost 17lb since I started in October 2013 (starting weight around 180lb). I had a bit of a blip during the holidays and put a few back on but lost them again when I went back on the plan.

To be honest I didn’t find it hard to do once I had got my head round what I was going to do. I started by dividing my 500 calories over the day but now find it easier to have nothing apart from water, fruit tea (an apple if I really need something) etc. until dinner time which is around 6.30. I have most of my calories then but save a few for around 9.30 which keeps me going until the next day.

Good luck and keep us posted – Linda

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.