Raw carrots, first timer!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Seanythep 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi all.

I have my first fastday tomorrow. (35 year old male, just over 16 stone. 178cm, office job, little exercise)

My plan is to have an apple for breakfast

Raw carrots for lunch

Lastly for dinner i’m going to have a chicken zuccini stir fry.

All of it is coming to about 500 calories

My biggest mini worry are the carrots. I’ve 400 grams chopped for lunch. Is this too much?

Thanks in advance

I doubt it would be too much from a health point of view, but it might be “too much” to maintain your interest in the fast day (unless you really like carrots!).

Why not give it a go and see how you feel? If you’re “carrotted out”, try something different on your next fast day. I have found that Miso Soup with mixed steamed veges (cauli, carrots, asparagus) stirred in (total cals less than 100) makes a good filling “meal” in the middle of the day. But hey, I only started on Monday (2 fast days done now!) so I am still feeling my way.

I think you are doing the right thing by planning what you are going to eat in advance. I did that for my 1st FD and cruised through. I didn’t bother on the 2nd FD and struggled, so I’ll be doing it before each FD from now on.

Good Luck!!!

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.