radiotherapy

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ValS 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• My partner is starting radiotherapy for prostate cancer. Is the 5:2 diet ok for the 9 weeks of that ?

@roberta ann ..under your partner’s circumstances and also considering his age (as stated in your other post) he really should consult his GP before starting 5:2 as everyone’s reaction are different and I doubt anyone on here is qualified to answer this. No-one is without knowing all your partners medical details.

xx

Sylvestra gave good advice. May I add my experience on this subject?

I went on the 5:2 diet last October and gradually lost all the weight I needed to. Unfortunately since April I have had an operation for breast cancer, followed by taking hormone pill daily and 3 weeks of radio-therapy.

I didn’t want to put on the weight I had gained so I abstained from the diet after surgery until I felt better, then had a couple of weeks on it before the radio-therapy.

The advice I got about radio-therapy was ‘ look after yourself; eat well; and rest. I thought it wise NOT to fast, but as it turned out I was so tired during and after the therapy that I couldn’t have coped with fasting anyway.

However, I know I have put some of the weight back on so as soon as I can I will carry on with the Fast diet 5:2 plan. I have proved to myself that it works and will do so again but NOT while undergoing radio-therapy IMO.

Best wishes, Val

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.