Questions of beginners

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ceedub 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hello everyone,

First of all, I’m very excited to be part of this important community.

I started about 3 weeks ago the Fasting slight, after I’ve seen the program on TV and read the book.
    In the meantime, I really enjoy and have a relatively fast passes easily. In fact, I make the fast method not because I want tolose weight (its fine), but to reduce body fat and maintain my body for years to come.

I wanted to clarify a few details that bother me:

1. The book list of products and calories found in an espresso cup has 0 calories, while elsewhere on the network record an espresso (without milk and sugar of course) have between 6 and 10 calories. Or another example, about 41 pear registered in the book of calories and network I find a pear about 58 calories. Well, what is it? Is there confusion? I actually eat more than I should as part of the easy fast?

2. Is there meaning the number of hours between two meals? Sometimes I fasted for 10 hours between two meals and sometimes only 6.

3.Is is important to perform the test: Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1)? This test is very expensive and I’m debating.

Thank you in advance,
    Roy

Hi roys and welcome:

Calorie counters are famous for being inaccurate, and they can’t be accurate for things like pears because they (pears and fruit in general) all have different sizes and sugar contents. About the only thing you can do is use the higher number. That way you will at least be in the ballpark for your calorie count, and if you are high, you will eat less and lose more.

Hours between meals makes no difference. Varady’s research found no difference between people that ate only once a day or ate throughout the day. Some people believe or hope that hours between meals is helpful in some way, but there is no research showing it is. Some also believe they will burn more fat, but the body burns fat when it is low on calories regardless of time between meals, so no benefit there, either. In my opinion, worrying about time between meals unnecessarily complicates 5:2.

It is unnecessary to test for IGF-1. Research shows that it is unaffected by diets like 5:2 (actually, some research shows it goes up), and it makes no difference when it comes to weight loss. There have been quite a few posters on this an other sites that claim they tested for IGF-1 before beginning, but I have yet to see one report an ‘after’ reading.

Here are some tips that will help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Thanks for the quick reply and explanations.

With your permission, I’ve another 3 questions:

1. Again about the calories, there is still a large gap in some cases about counting calories between what the book says and what I find on the net. For example, the book alleges that in an espresso cup has 0 calories 11 calories network….
    I think may be a situation where I think I eat about 550 calories during the fasting, while in reality I eat a lot more. I’d be happy to explain

2. Is there really no problem to eat whatever I want on days when I do not fast? Is indices still remain low? (Even though I’m a vegetarian diet definitely make it a point to me).

3. If I have no goal to lose weight but only to reduce fat, cholesterol and body maintenance throughout the years, whether in your opinion the easiest method of fasting can certainly give me a good answer?

Thank you in advance,
    Roy

Thanks for the quick reply and explanations.

With your permission, I’ve another 3 questions:

1. Again about the calories, there is still a large gap in some cases about counting calories between what the book says and what I find on the net. For example, the book alleges that in an espresso cup has 0 calories 11 calories network….
    I think may be a situation where I think I eat about 550 calories during the fasting, while in reality I eat a lot more. I’d be happy to explain

2. Is there really no problem to eat whatever I want on days when I do not fast? Is indices still remain low? (Even though I’m a vegetarian diet definitely make it a point to me).

3. If I have no goal to lose weight but only to reduce fat, cholesterol and body maintenance throughout the years, whether in your opinion the easiest method of fasting can certainly give me a good answer?

Thank you in advance,
    Roy

I thought that was the whole point of the show fast eat live longer to lower IGF 1. So why did he do 5 2 then.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.