Question about variation in maximum number of calories allowed

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Science of intermittent fasting
Question about variation in maximum number of calories allowed

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mjaddink8 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• On Dutch television a BBC program on individual diets was shown yesterday. The intermittant fasing diet used allocated 800 Kcal on fasting days for both males and females. That means that here, females are allowed 160% of the number of calories allowed for females in the Michael Mosley version of the 2:5 diet. Has anyone studied differences between these versions of the diet in say e.g. weight loss and health benefits? (a lot of clinical data was, it seems taken in the program shown, so studying this should be possible.)

I don’t know of any such research. I presume you are talking about “What’s the right diet for you?” There is an article about it by Dr Mosley on the right side panel here, under ‘Featured Topics’

They not only say 800 calories, they specify the 2 days should be together.

As far as I know, these specifications are just best guesses: Dr Mosley chose 1/4 of recommended calories, the dietitians on the TV program chose 1/3.

It did make me feel more relaxed to add milk in my cuppas on Fast Days that take my daily total over 500 calories (but well under 800!). And it is still working well for me!

When I used the diet I endend up somewhat over 500 Kcal as well on fast days but it did work fine I lost 7 kg. I am just curious if more research could pinpoint a good balance between the chance that someone can keep on using the 2:5 diet without quiting (and that means not to low a calorie count on fast days). Versus the level of weight loss and the health benefits gained. Considering that the programme (indeed: What’s the right diet for you, but now on Dutch TV), showed the collecting of a lot of clinical data someone might be interested in studying this I would think.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.