Question About Calorie Intake

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Question About Calorie Intake

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Angie090465 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I started fasting lat Monday but didn’t make it to 500. I seem to do just fine with one meal of about 300 calories. This morning I had: oz.4 mahimahi at 150 calories, 1 cup Schwans vegetable blend for 25 calories, a small red potato for about 25 calories. I ended with a cup of cherries. So, I have something from each food group and I’m full. Is this the wrong approach? I only eat once a day about 9:00 a.m.

Do you eat fewer than 500 calories every day or is it only on fasting days?

It depends on how many calories you are taking in on non fast days! You should be eating two or three times a week under 500 calories, but the rest of the time OVER your BMR and under your TDEE.
    If you do not eat enough calories on your feed days then it can become harmful for your body. BMR is the amount of calories your body needs to function (!) and you will burn that amount of calories even if you were sleeping the whole day! Adding your movement and activity gets you to your TDEE.

Stef.

Hi and welcome:

Many people do not eat anything on their diet days, and it works just fine. So eat 500 or fewer calories and don’t worry about it.

The longest documented fast was a gentleman that went 54 weeks, 3 days without eating or drinking a calorie. He survived in good health, and 276 pounds lighter – http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/ There are many, many documented fasts less than that but measured in months.

So I don’t think you have to worry about how much you eat on your non-diet days, either. If you are losing weight the way you want to, stay with it. It is only when you are not losing that you have to look at what you are doing and how to do it differently.

Good Luck!

Great post as always Simcoeluv, thank you!! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.