Q for Michael. IF and dietary supplements

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Q for Michael. IF and dietary supplements

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  BTN 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Dear Michael,
    Thank you for introducing the world to this excellent method for weight loss and/or longevity.

I have a question regarding dietary supplements that I have not seen mentioned in your book or answered in the forum.
    I’m wondering if I should take supplements on the fasting days and if I should go with the dosages recommended for a normal 2K+ calorie intake or if I should reduce these to 25% on fasting days, or even don’t take them at all, in order to let the body get a break?

I’m taking several supplements as part of my longevity scheme such as Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Astaxanthin, Coenzyme Q10, Lutein, Omega 3, Spirulina, Phosphatidylcholine, Vitamin D, Vitamin K2 (mq7) as well as multivitaims. And extracts from Astragalus, Blueberry, Curcumin, Drynaria, Fo-Ti root, Garlic, Ginseng, Grapeseed, Green tea, Indian Kino Tree, Pine bark, Pomegranate and Schisdandra.

I’ve seen your documentary as well as reading your book. I’ve struggled with being slightly overweight even though I try to have a balanced healthy diet and excercise. I’ve also reached the point (mid forties) where I’m starting to decay. I’ve taken actions to prevent aging faster than necessary and reduce the risk for age related diseases. Intermittent fasting works really good for me. I’m feeling good and loosing weight. IF allows me to enjoy the good food (usually healthy), the days I’m not fasting. And most important reducing the aging process.
    I’m even getting a good hand at making great meals on the fasting days, so I’m not really experiencing any struggles.

BTN

Hi BTN

I too started to post on this site asking Michael a question and I’ve found he doesn’t answer them. Being fair to him: how could he really? He wouldn’t get any other work done in order to support himself.

I take supplements too and I continue to take them on fast days. I think this is one of those ‘suck it and see’ situations. It would probably be hard to discern any difference if you didn’t take them for the fast days unless you have quantifiable results (I don’t).

This, as I found, is one of those decisions that you make and take responsibility for yourself.

mayb

all his replies on this forum might help

52 of them

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/users/michael/replies/

Hi all 2 of you!

I stand corrected!

I will happily amend my personal comment to…Michael answers SOME queries put to him (apparently 52 to date) but not all, as with mine.
    So as I suggested, unless you get a personal response from Michael, you might just have to decide this one for yourself.

PreciousBooBoo,

Thank you for your input. I have so far gone for normal dosage of supplements even on fasting days. I’ll discuss it with my doctor next time I’m in for a check.

I guess since we’re not praticing total absence of nutrition on fasting days, it will not be absolute wrong to take suplements. But perhaps the dosages should be reduced.

Hopefully Michael see this topic and might have some recomendations.

BTN

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.