Putting on weight !

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mr Data 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi I have just begun this diet and this week fasted Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I put on weight !!!!! How is this possible ? I ate no more than 500 cals on fast day and watched what I ate on eating days. I gained almost half a pound . HELP.

goldeelocks,

I’m very sorry it’s got off to a bad start for you. How often do you weigh yourself? I’ve been doing 5:2 for 6.5 years and I weigh myself everyday. Doing that has enabled me to see how my weight can fluctuate quite a lot each day. If your weekly weigh in happens to coincide with a heavy day you can get a very demotivating result. For my own records I track my daily weight, but for the tracker on this website I only put in my Sunday weight. Yesterday I was 79.4kg, today (admittedly after a wedding anniversary meal yesterday evening) I am 80.7kg. That’s a difference of 1.3kg – that’s almost 2.9lbs in one day, so don’t worry too much about that 0.5lb, I’m sure your general trend is really losing weight.

5:2 definitely works and it can be sustained over a very long time, unlike so many other dietary approaches.

Keep it going and very best of luck.

Mr Data.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.