Post menapausal women already under-eating

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  zumbagirl46 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• is there any data on those women (of which I am one)who post menapausal are significantly under-eating anyway and have difficulty shifting weight, unless using extreme fasting. The relationship between feeding frequency and quantity of intake for this group of women is already skewed – any success on this program for these women?

I am post menopausal and have been on the diet for a month. At first I tried 5:2 but the weight didn’t shift.Then after 2 weeks tried 4:3 and the weight loss began.I think that I only eat approx 1500 calories a day normally, which is about right for my age (62) and height (161). I doubt if there is any data on our group because people just wouldn’t find any reason to fund the research for it. We might think we’re worth it but others do not.

Hi, how much are you under eating? I generally don’t eat 2000 cal on any day, but my TDEE is about 1700. Is your thyroid ok? might want to have that checked.

I do find that after I stopped following the “you must eat breakfast” advice. I tend to naturally follow a 16:8 plan, usually don’t get hungry until mid day and I eat an early supper about 4 or 5 pm.

I’m not loosing rapidly but I am loosing. a total of 5.6 lbs since Sept. 2. I’m really pleased with the flexibility of the plan. just play around with it and see what works best for you.

good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing.

I am also post-menopausal (age 62) and have been having great success with the 5:2 plan. I’ve lost 7 pounds in 6 weeks. For the first time in my “older” adult life, the pounds are actually coming off in whole numbers each week.

Truth be told, on the other 5 days of the week I am not just eating whatever I please. I am following a modified Weight Watchers program. In other words, I’m loosely counting points (i.e. calories) and am eating between 1250-1300 calories per day on my “feast days.” Being only 5 feet tall, my “normal” calorie intake should never be more than 1200-1300 per day. If I went any higher, I’d never lose weight – not at my age. So yes, you need to pay attention on the other 5 days. But, after a “fast day”, the 1250 calories seems like a FEAST !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.