Plateau…what the *$%#

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ghostgirl 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Sad today. Did everything right this week. Worked out, fasted 2 x’s this week and was really diligent yesterday with the fast as well as on Wednesday. Get on the scale and it reads the exact same- actually up 0.4+. I DON’T UNDERSTAND…… I have 15 pounds to loose (approximately) and I was down -5.4 pounds in almost 4 weeks. Tuesday will actually be one month. I know I should be happy with my progress and I am, I am, but it’s really demoralizing to work so hard on the two fast days and plan out all my meals, and then this. Here are my numbers. Yes, I do work out, 5 days a week. Always have. Nothing has changed.

Start: 06-Jan-14: 135.2 (lbs)
    10-Jan-14: 133.4 (-1.8)
    14-Jan-14: 131.6 (-1.8)
    21-Jan-14: 130.2 (-1.4)
    25-Jan-14: 129.8 (-0.4)
    01-Feb-14: 130.2 (+0.4)

I’ll start again on Monday and Thursday with fasting,…but I would love to know if this is happening to anyone else, and what did you do, and did you eventually get past it. I know weight loss is big at first and then slows down..but Man, this really stinks today.

Good luck out there with all of this. 🙂

hi Newbiefaster78

please try not be sad, plateauing will happen to most of us at one time or other, there could many reasons why so its hard to suggest anything.. since December I haven’t lost anything but gained one pound so I understand your frustration!
    what I am trying to do is more 16.8 days and see what happens but I refuse to go back on the scales for at least another month or 2 🙂

I would say keep at it, you have been doing so well! and plus your gain is very little and you will loose that am sure!!

good luck and let us know how you get on x

I will. I’m thinking about starting to weight myself every two weeks. I might have to hide the scale on myself. 🙂

Thanks so much for the support. Either way, I REFUSE to weight myself until next Saturday at the earliest, and even then, I might wait until the following Saturday. Plateaus suuuuuuuck.

🙂

Hi @newbiefaster78 I know it can be very disheartening when the scales show a gain but from what you say you have lost overall 5lbs since 6 Jan. That’s just over 1 lb per week which is an acceptable weight loss.

When you don’t, like you, have a huge amount to lose it can seem dreadfully slow but to sustain a weekly loss of 1 lb is good as most people here will tell you.

This week’s gain – and it’s less than half a pound and just one week,definitely not a ‘plateau’ – could be down to a variety of things – time of the month, water retention etc. Your weight can fluctuate by up to a couple of pounds in a day. I have, at times, weighed myself at 9am been really annoyed at a 1 lb gain then, being annoyed, weighed again at 10.30 and found I’d lost 2 lbs. Losing weight is not an exact science – I wish it was.

Stick with it, it works over all – that half pound will disappear again you’ll see.

Good luck

xx

P S just to emphasise again – a one week gain is not a plateau, Believe me I’ve been on a plateau – it lasted 2 months.

xx

Thanks all. Really. ((((Virtual Group Hug))). It’s weird, I fought my whole life on these 15 pounds, but I am determined to lose them, or close to it, not really set on “the number” 15. I shall keep on “keeping on”…and see what happens. I did enjoy my pre-run breakfast this am. Feed Day. 🙂 Thanks again for the support.

P.S. It’s only 10:30 NY time….

Glad you are feeling better now Newbiefaster!!

You’ll be just fine 🙂

🙂 I had 4 weeks where I went down – up – down – up – then had a good run of good losses. Just keep going.
    I graph my weight weekly and the graph looks a bit like a roller coaster – but it keeps on getting lower over time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.