Period cycle changes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sharry 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi everybody. This is my first post here but I’ve been lurking for a couple of days.

I’ve been on the diet around five months now and have lost just over 4 stone. All has been great, and still is to a large degree, until my last three periods. Three months ago my period started 2 days early, I didn’t worry as this sometimes happens. The second was 3 days early and the latest one looks like it’s starting 6 days early.

I will get it checked out with the doc but I wondered if any other women had been experiencing anything similar? If the fasting might affect hormone levels etc?

I am mid fourties so being peri menopausal could also be a possibility.

I’ve no other symptoms, the periods aren’t shorter, longer, heavier or more painful, nor do I have any bleeding or pain at any other time…. I wondered if the diet might be a factor?

I thought weight loss might also be a consideration but it equates to around 2lb per week so it’s not a drastic change.

Any help would be appreciated.

That’s great, 5kg a month or something? That’s good weightloss! ^^

I think if it had anything to do with the diet you’d have noticed it earlier… I’m on the pill myself so I can’t really give you my own experience on the subject.

However, fasting does influence some hormones, as does changing your eating pattern. You can have it checked out like you said, the doctor tends to know some more stuff about things like this 😉

Thanks for the reply Nika, I’ll have it checked out I think just to be safe.

It’s averaging out at 1.2kg a week overall so I’m pretty pleased with how it’s going so far.

Thanks again
    Sharon

Let us know what the doc says, maybe it can help some other fasters as well 🙂

Will do ; )

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.