Pain meds, champix, quit smoking, no weight loss, help please!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
Pain meds, champix, quit smoking, no weight loss, help please!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  twistedsister 9 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• I have several chronic conditions that are a mix of neurological, muscular skeletal and connective tissue disorders for which I take a variety of medications for. The medications i take daily are paracetamol, morphine sulphate slow release capsules, etodolac (NSAID), amitryptaline, vitamin d3, calcium and magnesium and i take oramorph and diazepam 2mg as needed for break through pain.
    I was prescribed champix mid january to stop smoking. When i stopped smoking about 12 weeks ago i did gain weight which is when i looked into the fast diet not just for weight loss but for overall health in relation ti conditions i have. I started 5:2 diet about 7 weeks ago, i ate a much healthier diet all round, worked out my tdee to be about 1600 cals, calorie count and eat less than 1300 cals on 3 non fast days a week, but place less restrictions on a weekend so may eat more than 1600 on a saturday and sunday but not every weekend. Therefore over the course of a week, if i say i eat 2000 cals on sat and sun (which it is usually less than this), my weekly calorie consumption will be about 8900, averaging approx 1130 a day. I also started doing yoga on an almost daily basis about 7 weeks ago, I average about one hour per day. I know yoga won’t burn a great deal of calories, although it does raise my heart and make me hot, but I am doing it to help hopefully with my pain, strenthen my core and joints and to tone up. I have mobility issues so am limited in what exercises i am able to do so i can’t walk, run, cycle, zumba, boot camp etc etc !
    I also drink at least 2 litres of water a day.
    However, even though i have been carrying out this regime for 7 weeks now I have only lost one pound and even that is debatable as my weight fluctuates by 2lbs, so some days I am same as started and some days 2lb lighter but most of time 1lb lighter. I am weighing myself about twice weekly on a morning before eating as when i weigh later in day i am always heavier. Neither have i lost any cm’s from anywhere or noticed a difference in my clothes.
    I have no idea what else i can do or where i am going wrong. Could it be that the champix i am still taking and will be for another two weeks is causing weight gain or preventing me losing it? I know amitryptaline can cause weight gain and it had done in the past but i only take a relatively low dose and although i can’t get bsck down to pre amitryptaline weight i could maintain a healthy weight and bmi until recent months. Has anyone experienced anything similar with champix? Could it be that I’ve stopped smoking and even though i am eating less not more, stopping smoking still causes weight gain? Can anyone advise me what it could be or what else i can do? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply.