Overeating on non fast days

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Overeating on non fast days

This topic contains 14 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  bigbooty 8 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Started this woe in January and surprised how easy it is, and it works. However lately have gone a little off track, overeating on non fast days, then feeling bloated. Only wish to lose maybe another 4/5 pounds and wish to stick with this woe for the health benefits. Has anybody any advice on not overeating on non fast days? I find the fast days relatively easy, but dismayed I cannot control myself the other five days.

I did this on yesterday’s non-fast day, I think because I’m a bit stressed at the moment. I feel awful and bloated and uncomfortable today as a result. Usually I’m very good as I go for a walk and have a think about whether I’m really hungry, or i have a cup of tea which usually satiates me until mealtime. My biggest motivator is keeping my focus on my goal weight but not having things in the house that I want to over-indulge in is a huge help for me.

Yes, it is so easy to do, the thing is I do not keep any junk food in the house, but I always manage to find something to eat. It mainly occurs when I have been drinking alcohol, I know the answer is to stop drinking, however I do not wish to give up my social life. I am fine on fast fast days and do not drink then. It is a vicious circle. I was fine the first few months of 5:2, and thought I had kicked the habit, but it seems it is always lurking in the background.

Hi Maggie, I can totally relate to what you are saying. Sometimes I can be really good and other times I seem to have no self control at all. If I go straight to bed when I have been out drinking I am ok but if I don’t I usually have something I shouldn’t. If I do have something I try to cut back the next day. The thing is I know it’s the wrong time of day to eat and that I don’t really need it but I just have it anyway!

Like you I can always find something to eat and once I have started find it very difficult to stop. I think you are right about it always lurking in the background. I have lost 25lb since October 2013 which is great but this WOE hasn’t stopped me from doing what I already knew wasn’t right anyway. I don’t think there is an answer except to try and be stronger. As gillybilly says I try to focus on my goal weight – the thing is it doesn’t always work.

Not sure I’ve been much help but just wanted you to know you are not alone! Linda

Yes I totally agree, this woe has not stopped me from binge eating, it’s like somebody else takes over,and you lose all control. I would love to know what the answer is. Hopefully the health benefits of,fasting will,compensate for this, and fasting twice weekly does keep my weight steady, even with the binging.

IfI were in your shoes.
    Knowing what I know. I would keep on the 5:2 intermittent fasting.

I would also get on a probiotic for a few weeks.

I would also try to eliminate starchy foods, and sugary soda, and or sodas altogether. Like breads and pasta meals. Perhaps swap out from your menu with a fish or red bean chili dinner. Perhaps a snack of 10 almonds between meals . Sort of suggestiing you gear your metabolism to start burning more fats In yoy diet so that you may condition your body to then burn fat stored in the body. That may be making it more complex than 5:2 recomends . Its just my opinion everyone is different.

And also include nutrition dense vegetables.

Hello all. Embarrassed to admit. Just eaten a whole Sains 500g trifle in just over an hour. Believe me, I’m not proud. Just an example of however I lack any sort of control on a non fast day. Oh I know, why did I buy it? Suffered a moment of weakness yesterday on a fast day, and, stupid I know, these trifles are on offer at half price at the moment.

I’ve also eaten about 100g peanuts and breakfast and lunch. After eating half of the trifle, I still felt like eating the rest. I don’t experience fullness since being on 5:2, but manage to not each such trash on fast days.

I can’t believe this is me and my eating was never this bad. Can’t believe I’m telling you this. What an embarrassment.

Just keep on with the planned fast days. For me in the beginning was less about success on the scale as it was changing my habits of over eating. I believe as started getting used to 5:2 week in week out my attitude towards needing to keep eating even though I wasn’t hungry. I believe the the practice of eating the 250-300 cal meals and keeping a journal of which ones would make me not feel full , but not feel hungry either. I realized I was was o e of those types that doesnt get the signal in the Brain very quickly.

For some. The eating signal is quick and they stop right away. For others like me it can take upto 20 or minutes and I’ll over eat , and keep repeating it for years and years. Thankfully I got on 5:2 gave a real try. Learned to count the calories . And in that way learned where to stop even if I don t have the full feeling..

Hi Maggie
    Come on now, get a grip!
    My suggestions are keep very busy both mentally and physically. Go for a walk – the longer the better. Mountains are best but flat is OK too. At the weekend go somewhere really scenic and walk as long as you can. Any form of exercise is good, including sex!
    Get a really good film to watch at night. It takes your thoughts off food. You can go to the pub 7 nights a week. Drink low-cal and no-cal, problem solved.
    And drink loads of water all day and every day, especially the minute you start to feel hungry

Lydia, I am having the same experience. I have always been in very much control of my food, but since starting this two weekscago,I find I am bingeing on non fast days. Don’t even want to get on the scale and . See the lack of progress. Any veterans want to chime in?

takes a bit of time to get used to it – if you’re sticking to the fasting for two days per week it should be showing some change – I eat as much as I like on non fast days and I’m losing average 2 lbs per week which is fine!!

agree about drinking water – it really helps!!

The message from the book which resonates with me is “don’t be afraid of hunger”. If I can remind myself it comes and goes and will not build over time, then that helps me on non fast days. Doesn’t always work, but if I can find the will power on fast days then I know I have it if I really need it.

Today is a non fast day. I just started and have been through 2 fast days. So……I’m a beginner.
    Well, I think I over did it today because of alcohol. I might be 200 calories over. Darn it!!!

7 cal per gram in alcohol. Depends on how much you had and the percentage alcohol?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply.