Only 1Lb loss after 5 weeks??

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Only 1Lb loss after 5 weeks??

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sivasankar 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hello, I’ve been doing the 5:2 for 5 weeks now and only lost 1lb.

I am really careful about being under 500 cals on fast days. I’m getting a bit despondent! I feel better and have more energy generally, but as a 5’10 female and 12 stone 4, I’m at the maximum weight for my height and build and heavier than I’ve been ever. I’m 48.

Help!

gillianm, don’t give up, I went through similar weeks where I did not see any weight loss at all.

If there are no health issues or if you are not on medication, give your metabolism a boost, by doing 1:1 or 2:1 for couple of weeks to see if it helps.

Also try to do blood work now and compare later to see if there are any health benefits.

all the best.

Hi Gillian – I have plateaued a few times and have worked through them based on doing three things: 1) Controlling what I eat on the Non Fast days 2) going from 5:2 to 4:3 and 3) the big change was reading one of Michael’s posts on 10,000 steps. I would recommend you check out getting a pedometer. 10,000 steps is roughly 500-600 calories you burn in one day. So every fast day of 500 calories (F) or 600 (M) is effectively a net zero intake day. I do 4:3 + 10k steps and have been losing 1-2 lbs a week regularly. Check it out as I’m sure it will move you towards your weight targets combined with IF. Good luck.

Hi gillianm, I was loosing a steady 1lb (on average) a week doing 5:2 on 500 cals but then plateaued according to the scales……..although my tape measure was telling me different many times. Then I decided that perhaps my metabolism may have needed a ‘kick start’ so I firstly found out what my TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) was by checking it online. This tells you how many calories you should roughly have on non-fast days (it takes into consideration yr weight/height/activity level) so I used ‘myfitnesspal’ app & calorie counted just for a week or two on non fast days just to give me a rough idea of what I was eating. Also, my 2 fast days then consisted of 2 36hr liquid only fasts. Fasting would start after my last supper/meal – bedtime, liquids all day (tea/coffee/water/clear soups) and my first food would be breakfast the following morning. Liquid only fasts suit me much more as I no longer have my ‘hunger pang switched on’ after eating part of my 500 cal meal. I lost a huge 6.4lbs in that week, 2lb the week after and I have just come to the end of fast-day 2 🙂 weigh day for me is Saturdays – so I look forward to seeing how I’ve done so far. Feeling great & energised…….keep with it, just find what suits you & your lifestyle and hopefully you’ll see results very soon! Good luck!!

Hi gillianm, Michael’s addressed this too in some of his posts here:
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/more/all/in-depth/questions-and-answers/

I’ve had luck doing all the things @sivasankar, @brent205 and @nyreedoll mention – doing 4:3 (four days reg eating, three days fasting) helps me, even if it’s just every so often, moving more helps (I jog – verrrrrry slowly, you could call it bouncy walking, really) and paying attention to what I eat on non-fast days is key.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.