Ongoing Improvements to Diabetes

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Personal stories
Ongoing Improvements to Diabetes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Joss52 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• It’s now coming up to 12 weeks since I started on the 5:2 Diet (see Day 1 completed, June 5). The weight loss continues, now about 12 pounds, but even better than that are the improvements to my diabetes.
    Last week I saw my GP for a review of my diabetes treatment, the first time since I started the 5:2 diet. He was surprised and pleased, since I’ve always struggled to make any substantial weight loss. But even better, my blood sugars (HbA1c) are down to 6.2 and cholesterol down to 3.2, the best in several years.
    The problem I now have is not to get complacent and continue with the diet.

Thanks, Michael.

That sounds fabulous. I have been on 5:2 diet for 6 weeks and although not fasted every week because of holidays have still lost 6 lbs. I am doing it to try and get my blood sugar levels down from 6.1 as following a glucose tolerance test i was diagnosed with impaired fasting glycaemia. I am hoping my blood sugar levels will drop to normal levels but i know i must maintain it once i have lost my weight. Good luck with your progress.

Thanks for that. I also found that some weeks it was difficult to fit 2 fasting days into a week as I try to have a ‘normal’ weekend.
    Is 6.1 not low enough for you? Getting lower than that must be difficult and really difficult to maintain. Hope it goes well for you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.