OCTOBER 2018 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
OCTOBER 2018 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 1,058 replies, has 73 voices, and was last updated by  Bellyblast 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 1,059 total)

• Day 9, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Starting the days now, after a couple of mugs of black coffee, with preparing a liter of herbal tea in a thermos and repeat this in the afternoon. I need the hot beverages because I am getting too cold. Still eating salad but need to think of healthy winter food soon. ☃️

Have a good night/morning! 😊😊😊

2nd post

I did manage to stay away from breakfast, ended up not eating lunch until 3, went a little south, then had dinner before 7, then a evening coffee. Tomorrow, it has to be a FD!

@basyjames……glad to see you back! I’m struggling right now so, I’m hoping to get back on track, so trying to keep up with all the pros here. So, thankful, you and everyone are here!

I also wanted to get on here because of the hurricane in the gulf. I know we have some other Floridians on here. So may you all be safe! No worries here. We will get some effects, wind rain and storm surge but evacuations are only voluntary for us. So off to work we go!

The other night, the hubby and I watched a documentary about John Lennon and his plight for world peace. So, we as parents decide to open the doors to teach our children about the really history of the late 60’s and 70’s, teach them what their school history books failed to do! All in the hopes to get them to understand today’s bull after all history does in essence repeat itself. Not that I’m trying to open any doors here but to serve as a reminder to other parents and grandparents that we still must sometimes teach the children of this generation to avoid repeating the same mistakes of our past.
    My kids were very surprised at some of the things some people did and other things that happened during that time. I was very surprised that school only taught them about MLK.

Well, I’m off!

A nurse friend asked me where she could find scrubs and I said probably hanging out on the passenger side of his best friends ride!

Day 9 Ohio, US — NFD
    Day 8 — NFD

Travelling yesterday went well — beautiful sunshine and an 80+F (26+F) day. It was a pleasant drive, but seems a little warm for this time of year. Kept to my eating plan until the afternoon with some ice cream and pretty heavy snacking — but all said and done, not that far above my TDEE.

Today was the last day of Fall Break, so lots of catching up on chores. I kept to my eating plan and stayed within my TDEE fine. I felt energetic and balanced after the acupuncture treatment yesterday.

@Strawberriesandcream For a long time I was off cable and satellite TV and only relied on Netflix DVD. A year ago I got cable in order to get a decent baud rate for my internet. But most of the time I watch DVD and Blu-ray discs. Although I find I’m watching more on YouTube now also.

Just an update on the house-selling. After consulting with his bank, the potential buyer decided to walk away from buying. I hope that I priced the house right — I consulted 6 different sources (mostly internet realtor websites) for my property and then averaged the 6 “quotes.” I wonder if that was the best way to go? In any case, I’ll probably list with an agent next spring with the idea of closing around July 1.

Day 10: Gloucestershire, UK: FD:

@fatfingers CONGRATULATIONS….you reached your target!

Pocket List for today:

@ciren2

Off to work….see you later.

Day 10, Cornwall UK, NFD

I did manage to avoid the sourdough bread yesterday – so shouting at your subconscious may actually work!

I feel lighter today – as my yoga pants are falling down and my yoga top ends round my neck when i do downward dog. Good thing i was at the back of the class. But then we only have 2 rows of about 4 people in our yoga room – there’s only 2000 people living in the whole Roseland peninsula so we don’t have big classes. I always turn up to make sure our teacher can earn a living and doesn’t up sticks to live somewhere more lucrative!

Been investigating how to make seaweed compost for my plants. Seems like a good idea as the winter storms will throw up loads. I’m a bit worried it will stink out my garden!

@anna6 – yes please to the bulgar wheat recipe. Sounds v good.

@claire suzanne – i got headaches when i first started fasting and they went away after the first few weeks. Stick at it and it should resolve itself. Good advice from others to remember to drink water. Sounds obvious but i tend to forget on fast days as the kitchen is mostly closed!

Day 10 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD
    3rd of B2B

Down another pound. It may have been more but DH had to get me out of bed at midnight so I could let him in after work…..and I snacked on another small bowl of delicious muesli. This is why I don’t have things like that in the house 😡

Long story but my brother in law took my house and car keys with him when they left our house on Sunday. He had been moving one of the children’s car seats from mine into his hire car. Which by the way, they almost could not get as he could not find his wallet and driving licence the day after they arrived in Ireland, hence my car being used as child transporter. The wallet was in my older brothers car, he had picked them up from the airport, so my DH had to drive to my brothers work place on Friday to pick up the wallet as he was in meetings and I was in work.

Anyway, back to my keys, luckily my sister and family were only going to stay with my younger brother who lives in Co Wicklow and not flying back to the USA!! So I used my spare car keys fir the past few days but all spare house keys are out with other family members for safekeeping! Everyone has a spare hey except for us! So myself and DH had to use the one house key and leave it under a pot to get in. I forgot last night to do that so DH had no choice but to ring me to wake me up and let him in. Oops 😳 So then I was awake and the muesli dragon called.

When my brother in law comes back this weekend I will be keeping a very close eye on everything. He is a lovely man but is always forgetting things, getting distracted, procrastinating and being super late. Once he could not fly back to the US as he forgot his passport and did not realise until he was checking in. He has missed numerous flights, and they are late for everything. Oh well, thank goodness DH is not that bad, though he has his late moments 😆

It’s a beautiful morning here, and it’s forecast to get to over 20c over the next day or so. Fantastic Autumnal weather.

@at thanks, it is a very supportive place. I am now at the stage of learning where small errors are being made, but each one is being explained to me with the solution. It’s the only way to learn on the job.

Pocket List Day 10
    @ciren2
    @daffodil2010

Day 10 UK FD

I can’t stop the destructive power of my dysfunctional relationship with my mother and how it spills into my day to day life – it resulted in harmful sabotaging of my FD’s last week with a crescendo of binge eating over the two days preceding a planned visit to her at the w’end.
    Back home and some 100+ miles away from her I can feel a return to an even keel and can face this week capable of taking back control of myself. That emotional switch has been flicked off – THANK GOODNESS!!!

Embracing an FD today.

Apologies for not keeping up with all your posts since Saturday will try and catch up. Do remember @michelinme your daughter needs a big congratulations for getting that job!
    @northerndawn and @cateaus hope you both feel better after different individual events left you both feeling a bit shaken.

Wishing everyone a happy and successful day. Back to positivity.
    Ta

Pocket List Day 10
    @ciren2
    @daffodil2010
    @dingping

Day 10, London, UK, FD,

I’m out for dinner tomorrow, so it’s day 2 of this weeks B2B.

@basyjames, this project has been 12 years in the making, the 1st launch coincided with the start of the recession (2008) which hit construction where it hurt!!! On sensible advice, we’ve let the patent lapse, because neither of us have millions to spend fighting a major corporation that decides to steal it!!!! I’m relying on bad-KARMA if it happens!!!!!

@fatfingers, LMAO!!!!…………….. only because I’ve been there, done that!!! My cruella only ever shows +/- in 0.6 or 0.8lb increments, I’ve never lost 0.5 or 0.7lbs let alone 0.9lbs!!! I think there’s a gremlin at work, but as long as he sticks to –lbs, I’ll take any number I can get!!!!

@bert1802, YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Today WILL be a successful FD, I’ve got everything crossed for you and we’re all pulling you back onto the wagon……………………………… remember, a week of CDs is still a controlled week!!!!

@cornish-jane, I have a similar issue with my yoga top!! Not too pleased to have that particular view of my tummy hanging down …………………………….. I’m praying for abs!!!!

Bin it!!!!! @daffodil2010, BIL will just have to bring his own muesli!!!! By the way, he would drive me insane, I can’t deal with lots of faffing about …………………….. unless I’m the faffer!!!! …………………. (That IS a word!!!)

Keep the faith people!!!!

Day 10 Norfolk(UK) NFD

Well yesterday was ok apart from the bad head for most of the day.
    Did my situps and crunches first thing. Had a stint on the exercise bike.
    Also went for a C25k run in the evening. (that’s not getting any easier yet)

Battling myself and my confidence being out of work.
    I have depression and my leaving my workplace was my own decision after realising I could not stay in the toxic environment that I worked in.
    The longer I sit here the more I feel useless.

Day 10. Cornwall UK, NFD, 2nd post

@claire Suzanne – your post is heart breaking. I think you are being very hard on yourself – you coming on here, doing your fasting, and with a great exercise regime, have a lot to be proud of. I’m not minimising how hard it is being out of work, but if you have the determination to do what you are doing now, you must have some really great qualities. Keep going and believe in yourself. If you like exercise, perhaps find a yoga class, or online yoga that includes some meditation and that may help build up your mental resilience for your job search. Your hard work will be rewarded.

Day 10 UK FD

A good FD yesterday. Only had some very low calorie soup and 1 slice bread at 6 pm. Have caught up with all the posts now and finding great encouragement as usual. Trying not to beat myself up about having put weight back on after feeling so great at having lost 24 pounds! I really felt that time that ” I’d finally cracked it” and was within the right BMI for the first time in a long time. So glad there’s still a seat on the wagon and I’m hauling myself back up onto it!

Have set myself a target to lose just over 1.5 pounds / week which should be doable I hope!
    Good luck to all today.

Day 10 – France – NFD

Yesterday was a successful MFD on the heels of a FD. This week am experimenting with doing 1 FD and 2 MFD per week, instead of 2 FD. My weight has gone down by 1 kg in a few days, yay! Hope it stays that way.

I have my routine medical appointment at work coming up and want to be close enough to what I weighed the last time I went 3 years ago, so that the dr will not comment on any weight gain. It’s a stupid little thing but really important to me.

Day 10, mum’s place, FD

Its been busy busy so I just barely managed to read posts yesterday, no chance of replying. I munched away on quite a bit of sweets yesterday 😡 , so I’m glad its an FD today. My FDs are always not confirmed while I’m away though, it depends on circumstances 🙂

I want to reply to quite a few posts here but I have to rush off 😨

@michelinme things seem to be going exactly the same with my mother as with yours, my mum refuses to accept any help too, just unorganized help from family/friends which is not good enough imo. And she just insisted of moving from the place where there is only one level to the place where she has a set of stairs! 😐 But there is not much I can do about it apart from just be there if she changes her mind. We can’t force help on someone, even if its our mother. They need to allow to be helped. *sigh*

@claire Suzanne what is meant for you won’t pass you by …. thats an old saying. That goes for the job too, just keep looking 🙂 . Meanwhile take the extra time you have to do what you don’t usually have time for. It’s not easy looking for job but keep strong and keep going, it will come along 🙂

@mia139 we are holding onto you tight 🙂

Have a great day everyone 🌼

Pocket List Day 10
    @ciren2
    @daffodil2010
    @dingping
    @flourbaby
    @mia139
    @shinything

Day 10, UK, ??

After a very stressful day and 10 hours in two different hospitals with my Dad, I came home and undid what was a perfectly good – if unintentional – FD. Toast, peanut butter, coconut cake and cream and two large glasses of red wine (what happened to not drinking in the house???). Never mind, after repeated examinations, a full raft of blood tests (still waiting for results of two) and a CT scan, we were reassured that there is nothing seriously wrong that can’t be sorted with medication. (I won’t go into any details – suffice to say that his medical history was enough to warrant all the attention). We were both highly impressed with the entire experience at both hospitals and will be writing to the NHS to say just that. I am making carrot, lentil and coriander soup today.

@matpi – after accidentally finding out how to watch You Tube on our TV – I don’t think we’ll ever be short of something to watch. A whole new world has opened up!
    @claire-suzanne – don’t know if you saw my suggestion last week about volunteering? It might lift your spirits being out of the house with other people doing something valuable that will be appreciated and might be a good way of networking and finding a job. Thinking of you x
    @mia139 – as someone who put my entire loss back on (and more) – I’m empathising with you. We know the WOL works, and we’ll be successful again. Climbing back on the wagon is a really good start!

Happy hump-day folks.

Day 10…..Florida…..FD

My gosh, I have no idea what is up but I slept terrible last night! And to top it all off this is my early day at work. I’m just praying for a slow day, so I can get out after 8 hours, rather than 10, I normally work.

@daffodil…… I have a few friends that are laxadazical, like your BIL. For a very organize, purposeful person, I know it can be a bit frustrating but I do try to see the humor in their situation.

@flourbaby……Thank you for your encouragement!

@claire Suzanne…….make sure your drink enough water, maybe adding a bit more salt to your intake will help those headaches. We all go through times when we don’t feel like we measure up. A wise women once told me, when you feel this way. Head to your closet put on a outfit that makes you feel wonderful, do your hair and make up with care, put your sexiest shoes on, then walk out the door with your head up and chest out and smile. Regardless of what your mind is telling you, fake it until you make it! Because eventually your mind will find out what your heart already knows.
    You are Fantastic! You are Wonderful! You are you and there is no one better at being you then you!

Okay well….. off to work I go!

A nurse friend asked me where she could find scrubs, and I said probably hanging out on the passenger side of his best friends ride!

Day 10 Belfast NFD
    What a lovely sunny autumn day! The trees have the most amazing colour at the moment and the mellow sunshine brings out the best in the gold, reds and russet of the leaves.

@strawberriesandcream – I’m impressed with your preparations for C25K. I’m managing 1min full plank, then 30secs on elbows, which I find hardest. I’m trying to lift my feet up during the half plank but it’s hard.
    ClaireSuzanne – an Oxo cube is also good. The saltiness seems to take the edge off. Are you drinking enough water?
    @flourbaby – absolutely not. In another life before I was a teacher I sold welding equipment. One of my many ‘wish I had’ careers I would have liked to be in design/engineering.
    @basyjames – despite doing this WOL for over 2 years, I still struggle with my sugar addiction. You’re right about the weight of your friends. That is what makes this forum so important for me; that constant reassurance from like minded people with the same goals.
    @fatfingers you made me chuckle! Well done on getting there regardless whether it was fleeting. You should be proud. And I don’t think your handle probably reflects the new you!
    @lorky35 – the scales often don’t reflect our progress. Here’s to those muscles!
    @matpi – how disappointing your house sale has fallen through. Hopefully there will be a new buyer around the corner.
    @dingping – our mothers cast long shadows over our lives, both for good and sometimes not so. We accommodate them through love and a sense of duty, even when they don’t appreciate it. It’s good that emotional switch is off now
    @claire-suzanne – being in the house can lead to so many negative thoughts. Your so much to look forward to; a wedding next year, the love of your fiancé and you have great determination to tackle this WOL and the exercise routine you are currently undertaking. I echo @cornish-janes suggestion of a yoga class. It’s great for bringing peace of mind. That elusive job will come.
    @mia139 welcome back on the wagon.
    @strawberriesandcream – the NHS at its best is amazing. I’m glad they’re looking after your dad and hope he gets better soon
    @bert1802 – great post.

Wishing all those in the path of hurricane Michael a safe passage through the storm. Speaking of storms, the NW has a severe weather warning out for Friday morning, which is when we are travelling pretty much as far NW as you can get here. Mmm might be an interesting journey.

Onwards and downwards

Day 10, Guildford UK, MFD

Slept in by accident missed my physio appointment again!

I am so tired every day. I haven’t a clue why, as far as I can see the main factor carbs have gone. I am very energised when I WFD, but MFD is quite exhausting and so so tired. I keep testing my blood sugar and it’s fine, within normal range.

Ankle is doing fine, I am exercising. Resting until lunch time then I will be up and at it.

Pocket List

@rainbowsmile MFD
    @bert1802
    @shinything
    @mia139
    @flourbaby
    @dingping
    @daffodil2010
    @ciren2

Hope I caught all pocketeers

Mari

Day 10 NC USA NFD

Did sort of good at Golden Corral then got home and started grazing a bit. First had two helpings of cheese crisps then some candy. After that ended the day with a decaf tall at least nonfat Pumpkin Spice Latte with the whip cream. 🙁

Hopefully I didn’t go too too far over TDEE so I get some kind of lose after my FD tomorrow. Normally I do the second FD on Fridays but am going to movies and dinner on Friday so moved it to Thursday this week.

Day 10 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

Just popping on for accountability, wish I could spend more time here, I miss reading the post and following everyone’s successes.

My MIL is failing fast, she isn’t eating and fluid intake is decreasing. My son in-law is the Dean of the Episcopal Cathedral and has been coming to our house to give communion and this Saturday we will have a house full as he is going to do the Last Rites and Anointing of the Sick Service.

I am amazed that I am able to stay in maintenance thru all this stress. I was an emotional eater before this WOL and now I feel that I can pick and choose more freely. Have a great Wednesday everyone.

Day 10, Rocky Mountains, US, MFD

Please stay safe Florida friends! It is going to be a very dangerous storm! Now category 4 hurricane! You are in my thoughts and prayers! ❤💐🍀

Day 10 – Michigan – FD

I woke up today and started thinking about what delicious thing I might have for breakfast, then realized it’s a FD. Quite the let down!

@ciren2 @shinything @debster251 @flourbaby @songbirdme @at : Thank you ALL for responding to my post after last weekend! I feel uncomfortable whenever I have to admit to other people that I’m not “perfect.” You all were ready to support me through my struggle and I am so appreciative.

My goal this week, and until things improve emotionally, is just to keep trying. Keep trying to stay under my TDEE on NFDs, and keep trying to remain under 500 calories on FDs. Hopefully if I just keep trying, somewhere along the line things will start to change.

Drinking a *fancy* Strawberry Perrier right now. Trying to feel upbeat about water, haha.

Cheers.

Day 10 Norfolk (UK) NFD

Just done something really bad…..eaten a whole Soreen maltloaf.

Day 10 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

@claire-suzanne yeah been there, done that…..binge eating for comfort only to find yourself feeling worse after the face stuffing numbness passes. Its done now….don’t beat yourself up, just put it behind you, don’t let it give you permission to go on an eating splurge for the whole day. How about joining we Thursday fasters tomorrow to repair the damage? Oh and repeat after me….. I must not buy malt loaf again!!!!!

@dingping my mother is the reason for my lifetime of eating issues and weight problems….haven’t seen or spoken to her since the last outrageous event of 2011. Sad but my sanity is much improved 😉

Keep on keeping on everyone.

I’m really struggling today. A sleepless night from aches and pains (brought on by too many stairs and steep bits on the delivery I’ve been moved to this week), then a REALLY hard day today to follow on. So many parcels. I even had to carry a microwave to someone’s door today! (and they are HEAVY). Not only has my Plantar Fasciitis flared up but now I also have an inflamed hamstring on the other side! My arthritis is making itself felt in the wrists too.
    I just feel so starving and,well, I will break my FD today….I feel too stressed out to continue, beyond now.
    @claire-suzanne: you have my sympathies ((Hugs)).
    Tomorrow’s another day….

Day 10 North Canton

Please be safe my Florida aboding friends. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Will try to catch up on posts later – another spectacularly busy day.
    I ate way too many mixed nuts yesterday 🙁

I MUST NOT BUY MALTLOAF AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

I shall be fasting tomorrow with a vengeance.

Day 10 USA (Illinois) NFD

Yesterday turned into a good 600 calorie FD. Yeah. Needed that! Except of course, today is DAFD… hoping to keep in line.

@beththenew – Golden Corral can be oh so delicious. Glad you survived it!

@diana123 – hugs and prayers for your MIL. And may you manage to keep from stress eating.

@ciren2 – aches and pains are no fun. Hope you get relief soon!

Discussion of “MALTLOAF” at first I read “MEATLOAF” which is of course not that terrible, likely not all that good if it is smothered in ketchup. I was not familiar with “maltloaf” but it sure sounds delicious!

Onward and downward.

Second post

My FD went out the window today! I couldn’t say no to goat’s cheese and set yoghurt. And few other things 😶. My saving grace is that all the food was healthy, something at least.But definitely need to come off that pocket list!

To all our friends in Florida, and in the path of that hurricane, please stay safe! ❤

USA Day 10 FD

I haven’t had time to read all the posts yet! My neighborhood is having a major dumpster cleanup day and I have been preparing for it. It’s good for my FD, though, since I have no time to even think about eating. Good luck everyone!

Day 10 – Eastern WA USA – LFD

1st of 2 LFDs today. Doing well so far. Need to go heat up a mug of bouillon soon.

@ccco – What happens on a dumpster cleanup day? Is this a neighborhood thing?

@dingping – dysfunctional relationships can be so draining. Several have responded to you. One thing I thought I’d mention was the book Boundaries by Drs. Henry Cloud and John Townsend. It really helped me a lot with a variety of relationships. It’s readable and practical. They’ve written more books since this original one, but that’s where I began & it was so helpful. Perhaps it could be a resource for you.

@sparklyshoes – you are shifting the weight well!

@Strawberriesandcream – so glad your experience at the hospitals was a good one with your dad. Hopefully he’ll be to a better place soon.

@diana123 – good for you for maintaining in the midst of this tough time. I’m glad you’ve got good support on several levels.

@ciren2 – sounds like a soak in Epsom Salts is in order after your tough day!

Stay safe Floridians!

Glad we’re on this journey together!

Day 10, Gozo, Malta, cd

Cornish-Jane I’m giving you the bulgur wheat recipe tomorrow as I’m in upstairs in bed sick with flu and had a long day before seeing the posts now. I want to give you exact measurements from the book which is downstairs in the kitchen. Okay?

Today I made Korean beef with broccoli for lunch and for dinner I made Mediterranean boneless chicken thighs with couscous.

I’m sick but determined to go to 7.00 o clock mass tomorrow and later on in the morning to the beautiton for a facial.

Good evening/ night everyone

USA Day 10 FD
    AnneMarilyn: On dumpster cleanup day, our neighborhood brings in a large dumpster and everyone in the neighborhood is allowed to put their junk in it. I cleaned out my garage this year, so I have a fair number of things to throw out. It’s nice, so I don’t have to hire someone to haul those things away!

I had a great FD today ending in 497 calories. The kitchen is closed! 🙂 Hope everyone is having a lovely day!

Day 10 UK CD

Had a really late night, woke up tired then 12hr day of travel & meetings. Several times i stopped being able to communicate in words. But haven’t succumbed to sugar or carb attack, which is amazing. Lovely vegan salad at lunchtime catchup, didn’t feel hungry during the day, just had another v late supper of rice, peas, egg, cheese – left over from yesterday. Not drunk enough water, but did get through the litre I took with me, and switched to peppermint tea after lunch. One more full-on day, one rest day and then the events. Still plenty of loose ends to tie up and my own talks to write.

@bert1802 and all others encountering stormy times – stay safe

@dingping thank you for the reminder – I must remember to make magnesium cream as present for my DD on Friday! DD is anxious, and didn’t get on with MO. And i’ve been given a recipe that I happen to have all the ingredients for 🙂

@shinything that sounds pretty familiar, I’m sorry to say. And you’ve been staying at your mum’s so are really present with it in an acute and deep end sort of way. My mother lives in the upstairs maisonette of an old victorian terrace – steep stairs to get up, plus two internal flights. Increasing health issues plus acute illnesses make it feel like we lurch from crisis to crisis. Which sounds like such a cliche. I wish she would move to somewhere smaller and easier to live in so she could make the most of her energy rather than simply managing. But the support, organisation and encouragement – not to mention the housing market – make it seem mountainous. Esp as it’s a difficult relationship.

@daffodil2010 your BIL sounds like textbook ADHD

@claire-suzanne would it work for you to spend part of each day job hunting – as tho it were a job you went to? It’s one of those things that stretches into every waking hour if we don’t give it good boundaries. That way you could also spend part of each day NOT job hunting, and practice good self-care &/or self-development instead – exercise, reading, meditation, volunteering, studying – a new skill, update computer skills, a language, a passion – or gardening, craft – things that get you grounded or feel creative. This could be a few months or it could be a few weeks – if you knew how long it would be for, what would you do with your time? it’s much harder to be positive when it feels as tho this is endless or that all there is about us is a lack of paid employment. We internalise and start to believe media rhetoric and cultural propaganda. Be gentle with yourself – it takes time to recover from bad experiences like your last role. Hold onto hope, and give yourself time to rebuild your energy and capacity

@rainbowsmile healing is exhausting, your body is working so hard. Go gently xx

@strawberriesandcream sounds exhausting, but so glad it was reasonably good news for your dad

@diana123 love & prayers to you and your family

Day 11 – Melbourne AUS – NFD

Ended up in bed sick all day yesterday, terrible head cold – didnt wake up till 11am so made yesterday a FD instead of today which seemed to work well. Ended up eating 600 cal so a bit over, but I felt my body needed a bit more after my days food was done.

Not sure i’ll make it to the october goal after a couple of minor set backs (but it also coincides with my goal weight of between 67-68kg, so i’m getting close, and that’s the main thing I guess).

Lots of posts to catch up on, but looking forward to a cup of tea and a good read this afternoon.

Hope everyone is well!
    Gretta x

Day 10 Ohio, US — NFD

Today was really hectic — I didn’t get a chance to sit down and “plan” the day until 8:30 PM. Usually that happens 12 hours earlier in the day. Even with all the busy-ness, managed to stay on target and ate within my TDEE.

@gretta and @anna6 Hope the cold and the flu are lessening and that you’re getting better fast!

Hope everyone in western Florida and in southern Georgia will remain safe!

@ciren2 Hope that the upcoming weekend will give you a chance to rest and recover from what sounds like an exhausting day!

Day 10 Minnesota, USA NFD 10:00 PM

I just lost my entire post! I went off from this url to check my temperature conversions (40 degrees F = what in C ); came back, and my post was gone. That’ll teach me! So, copy it before I leave site, I guess. And to heck with the temp conversions.

Prayers to everyone in Hurricane Michael’s path. It looks devastating. I guess it’s historic, as in the worst ever in that area and the third strongest to ever hit the USA (by barometric pressure readings).

The pictures and videos are horrific. I saw a man in his 50’s with an Australian accent, on television, saying he’d never been in a hurricane before and was curious about it and wanted to ride it out. Oh, no! I hope he lived through it.

Up here in Minnesota, many, many hundreds or thousands of miles to the north of Florida, we have had 2 inches of rain in the past 24 hours, cold rain, and an inch or so of rain the days before. The ground is swamped. To my north it is snowing. That is early even for Minnesota. The farmers of Minnesota and Iowa have over 85% of their corn and soybeans still out in the fields. Too wet to go out and harvest. Not good!

Doing the FD’s of 700-800 calories makes this WOE quite enjoyable and very low stress and doable. However, it is not quite as fun to get on the scale in the morning as when you are doing the 1/4 TDEE FD’s or the WFD, or LFD’s, and then see that scale go down 1-2 lbs a week. I might have to do alternating weeks of easy and then “down to business, hard core” weeks. I don’t think I’ll be happy with half a pound a week. Not until I get closer to goal weight, anyway.

The beauty of this WOE is that I can experiment and find what suits me.

Have been reading posts but not caught up. Love, love, love this forum and all of the people who participate in this community. Best of luck to everyone. And sympathies to everyone having challenges in life with parents, family, grief over losing loved ones, betrayals, and injuries. It’s hard to rise/stay above the depths, but we must try. It gets better. It does.

Stay with it. Stay positive. Stay true. Be kind to yourself and others. Best of luck to all.

“Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts”. Winston Churchill

Day 11: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD.
    Day off work today, hence the reason for changing my FD to yesterday. Unfortunately once I came back starving after a particularly hard day at work….I caved in.
    Maybe I will try again tomorrow.
    I’m a bit depressed because I’ve been taken off my usual delivery and put on another (with flats containing 112 stairs up) which has set back my Plantar Fasciitis and caused pain in the hamstrings on the other leg. This change is because we are a small office and someone is signed off sick with hip problems….so the boss had to make some (temporary) changes to cover the rounds.

Day 11, Gozo, Malta, cd

Matpi thanks but I don’t feel better from yesterday. I too hope to be better soon.

Cornish-Jane here’s the bulgur wheat recipe:
    Serves 4

225g/8oz/1 1/2cups bulgur wheat
    350 ml/12 fl oz/1 1/2cups vegetable stock
    1 cinnamon stick
    Generous pinch of ground cumin
    Pinch of cayenne pepper
    Pinch of ground cloves
    5 ml/1 tsp salt
    10 mangetouts
    1 red and 1 yellow (bell) pepper, roasted, skinned, seeded and diced (I just use raw diced red and yellow peppers)
    2 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced ( I use 8 grape tomato’s cut in half)
    2 shallots, finely sliced
    5 black olives, pitted and cut into quarters
    30 ml/2 tbsp each chopped fresh basil, mint and parsley
    30 ml/ 2 tbsp roughly chopped walnuts
    30 ml/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    120 ml/4fl oz/ 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    Ground black pepper
    Onion rings to garnish

1. Place bulgur wheat in a large bowl. Pour the stock into a pan and bring to the boil with the spices and salt.

2. Cook the stock for 1 minute, then pour, with the cinnamon stick over the bulgur wheat. Leave to stand for 30 minuets ( I like to cover it)

3. In another bowl, mix together the mangetouts, peppers, tomatoes, shallots, olives, herbs,and walnuts. add the vinegar, olive oil and a little black pepper and stir thoroughly to mix.

4. Strain the bulgur wheat of any liquid (mine never has any liquid at this stage) and discard the cinnamon stick. Place in a serving bowl, stir in the fresh vegetable mixture and serve garnished with onion rings.

Have a great day everyone.

Day 11, Cornwall UK, FD

Now to the business end of the week, as i approach the weekly weigh-in on Friday. I overdid the carbs yesterday so now i’m not sure about getting off this plateau. Hoping for a good fast day.

@anna6 – sorry you have flu! Hope you feel better soon. I have this image in my head of a beautiful warm and sunny Malta and it does not include people being ill!

@northerndawn – as long as the scales are going down, half a pound a week adds up to a lot over a year. This is an official declaration from the Tortoise Club! The sort of club that joins you rather than you join it, but once you are in – it feels beautiful and you learn why the tortoise wins the race!

2nd post

@anna6 – you were writing as i was writing! Thks so much for the recipe and i have all the ingredients so will make next non-fast day (ie friday). 🙂

Day 11 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Day 11 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Down another pound so the B2B2B dispatched 3 of the pesky holiday pounds. Tonight I go back to yoga after a months absence, so I will break my fast at lunch with an oat bran bread and cheese sandwich then maybe just an apple and some kefir before yoga. I get home around 9 so might have some lentil and chicken soup then. It’s sounding like another FD from here, but let’s see 🤔

My new team are cake mad!!! Every day there is another cake brought in. Monday was a homemade lush chocolate mint biscuity thing, yesterday was a coffee cream cake AND a home baked apple tart 😱 I have not succumbed to anything, and I have publicly asked the team (of 5) how they all manage to stay so slim with all the cakes. They all just smiled. I suspect a lot of gym and sports and running around after young kids, but I know if I said yes to every slice of cake offered I may say goodbye to my waist …..AGAIN ☹️

@anna6 Oh my, that bulgar wheat recipe sounds delicious and I have everything except for the bulgar wheat. I wonder would quinoa work as well? I bought a packet after the Peru trip but haven’t really used it.

@flourbaby, @bert1802, and @michelinme…..I am really not able for my BIL’s faffing about, I do see the humour in it though, except when it affects me. And it has. My very first trip to the Hamptons (where they live), he dropped me back to JFK. I know now it takes 2.5 hours to get there, but that time we stopped so many times for stuff he needed to get, coffees, gas, iced cappuccinos for Gods sake!…..that I just barely made it to the check in desk and had to run to the gate and was last on. That is NOT my scene…..I make sure now to have plenty of time. Yup, ADHD…he has never been diagnosed, he is nearly 50, but could explain a lot.

Finally, @ClaireSuzanne do not despair about being out of work. You made the right decision to leave a toxic situation and that is far far better for your mental and physical health, and far braver too, than remaining in the toxicity of the job. I had a similar situation at the end of July when I walked from a bullying and intimidating situation. I spent the next few weeks scared, tired, depressed, crying, and my self confidence disappeared. Even job hunting was scary. I forgot about my many years of experience and was very downhearted. Then one day, out of the blue, I sent a WhatsApp message to some of my friends asking them to keep me in mind if there was any type of work going in their workplaces, and almost immediately one got back to say some contract work just came up, I got it……and I am still there. It happened so fast, but straight away when I started I felt back at home. So one door closes another opens, believe that it will for you ….. Maybe not right now, but soon. Keep on keeping on.

Day 11 UK NFD

Thanks to @debster251 and @shinything for encouraging words. It’s so good to feel we are all pulling together here across the world! Thoughts and prayers for safety to all those in Hurricane Michael’s path.

My first weigh in this morning. I had set myself an ambitious target of 0.8 Kg / 1.75 lb per week and happy to say totally smashed it as scales showed a loss of 1.2 Kg/2.6 pounds. So onwards and downwards to the second week’s target. Taking this a week at a time!

My secondary goal is to get below 140 pounds. That was always a stumbling block for me but I did achieve it the last time around! . Hats off to all those who manage to maintain. I took my “eye off the ball” and did what I said I would never do…. put weight back on!! Never say never! But I’m learning to try to be kind to myself and keep on going!

Good luck to all today.

Day 11, UK, ??

Can, must and will do better.

Congratulations on reaching your target @fatfingers and @cornish-jane on baggy yoga clothes.
    Thanks so much @Anne-Marilyn and @michelinme.
    Good to hear you’re able to return to dancing @rainbowsmile.
    Thinking of you and your family @diana123.
    @claire-suzanne – your malt loaf post did make me giggle – so easy to do.

Prayers for all caught up in the dreadful weather events around the world. Counting my blessings once again.

Day 11 Norfolk (UK) FD

Pocket List for today:-

@claire-suzanne
    @missybear

Day 11 UK CD

@claire-suzanne, @ciren2 and @bert1802 sorry to hear you’re all having tough days. Tons of tea and sympathy, life doesn’t sound easy at the mo but I’m sure all the positive steps you take will count more than the blips and bumps. Hang in there.

@missybear, @annemarilyn and @debster251 – thanks.
    Autism has been discussed recently in our family and looking at how it presents I can see my mum fits the pattern of behaviour, I’m finally able to at least be able to rationalise some of her behaviour with more compassionate and forgiving eyes.
    Thanks for the book suggestion @annemarilyn.

Hoping those affected by the hurricane in Florida stay safe.
    To those unwell, coping with stressful situations, unwell family members or just a bit down in the dumps themselves sending you all a bug bunch of sympathy and hugs.
    Take care all.
    Ta x

Day 11 Norfolk (UK) FD

Thank you to everyone for all your kind words of support recently.
    My body reminded me this morning why eating that Maltloaf was not a good idea.
    Very bad IBS. Must remember that feeling and pain next time I reach for that packet in the shop!

Yesterday afternoon I sent my cv in for a job that I’d seen advertised for a while but thought I didn’t have everything that they needed. Thought I had nothing to lose.
    They emailed me a couple of hours later asking me to go in for an interview.
    So today I will be focusing on preparing for that tomorrow.

Day 11– Colorado USA- FD

Travel day.
    So easy to carry my empty Clean Canteen stainless steel water bottle thru TSA to fill up at a water fountain. I plan to just skip the airport’s greasy fast food & stick with water or plain, black decaf coffee.

Because I really need to hit the re-set button….Made the mistake of buying a huge bag of Halloween candy at Sam’s Club…..and lets just say the sugar dragon snuck out of its cave! Oopsies. 😬☹️

Not to sure about our travel plans….we’re heading from snowy Colorado to hurricaney Florida. But plans were made a year ago (for DH’s birthday) & non-refundable.
    Fingers crossed both ends of the trip are safe & enjoyable . 🤞🏼

Pocket List for today:-

@claire-suzanne
    @missybear
    @happymargo

Day 11, London, UK, NFD

I hope our Floridian friends are staying safe.

@diana123, thinking of you and yours during this difficult time, you’re coping fabulously and I’m sure, although it’s the last thing on your mind, that fasting is helping with mental strength and clarity.

I’m going out for dinner tonight so I’m making today a 19:5 with just a yoghurt for “breakfast” at about 5pm then dinner at 7.

@claire-suzanne, good luck with the interview, you’ve got an entire international community behind you!!!! I’m absolutely NOT going to mention, contemplate or talk about the drool-worthy gooey unctuousness of malt loaf slathered in cream cheese!!!!

@gretta and @anna6 feel better soon.

Safe travels @happymargo ……………………………. Are you planning to stay dry for DHs B’day???? Good Luck!!!! I’m going to find a dry-dinner tonight a struggle ………………. Just saying!!!!!

Stay safe everyone and keep on keeping on!!!!

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 1,059 total)

You must be logged in to reply.