Now into my second year!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Angiefirefox 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi My wife and I are now into our second year of fasting. We began in July 2012 following a couple of days fasting prior to a hospital procedure. I felt it could work for me and agreed with my wife that I would give it a go. I’d had a theory that our grandparents were used to fasting in a way as they had to eke out an often meagre food budget and obesity was not a problem back then. I thought that if I could emulate this then it might just do me some good. Then blow me down, a week after I had started the diet, Dr Michael comes on The One Show and…etc..etc..
    I was overweight(very) having just retired and also had high blood pressure. I have now gone down from a 44 inch waist to a 38 inch one. My BP is now 117 over 68. I also began serious exercising this last January, 3 to 4 miles per day on a tread mill. The only downside is that we don’t partake of wine from Monday ’till Friday which is a bore!

That’s great to hear that you have been able to do this long term. IM only in the 4th week.

Hello Roughwood

I am very interested to hear from someone who has been on a fasting regime for over a year; I’m sure other fasters will be too.

Well done you so far for losing so many inches off your waist and for the reduction in blood pressure; you’ve probably improved in other ways health wise too.

Your waist size now seems very respectable for a man; are you still trying to lose weight? If you are; has it slowed down?

Also, I’d like to hear how your wife has fared too?

Congratulations Roughwood. To be here more than 12 months on it obviously agrees with you and your wife. For a number of years I have been following my own rule of abstaining from alcohol Monday to Thursday nights and find that Friday to Sunday is really hard to overdo it. So I find that bit easy. I really struggle with the 2 fast days per week (I’ve only been doing this for about a month), but I can see how effective they are so I am happy to persist with it until I have clawed back my happy cushion. Last year I did Dukan and lost 10kg, but the last 3kg was my happy cushion which I lost over time with the help of a bit of complacency. I felt I needed a small change from Dukan to just blitz those 3kg off again. It’s working so on my non-fast days I still follow Dukan. 5:2 and Dukan seem to be the only 2 programs that really work for me and don’t want to lose my grip with either of them now. (You could say Dr Pierre Dukan and Dr Michael Mosley are my saviours!)

Are you still doing 2 fast days or down to one now?

Congratulations Roughwood and Mrs Roughwood. Is there any advice you would like to pass on that you have noticed or overcome during the year? Well done on improving your health and waistline. 🙂

Haha – how crazy is that coincidence? Well done you – and I thought I was a long-termer, you’ve beaten me by a week! Good on you and well done for turning your issues around. I hope you had a glass of wine to celebrate your 5:2 anniversary? It sounds like a brilliant excuse to me. 😉

I have been doing 5:2 since March and I plan to make a lifelong commitment, so it’s good to know you have made it to your first anniversary Roughwood.
    This way of life really works for me. I love food and have been on various diets on and off, for the past 40 years. Now I can literally eat what I like knowing that if I’ve really overindulged I can throw in an extra fast day and all will be well. In fact I must admit it’s more of a 4:3 plan for me, but I find it really easy, so no worries there. I started off being the one on the weird diet at work, but there are now five of us and we are all having great success.
    I haven’t lost a huge amount of weight – 10 lbs total since March – but during that time I have been on holiday twice and on each occasion managed to lose what I’d gained within a week of returning home. A minor miracle for me.
    The weight loss chart is consistently going downwards, even if it’s only be half a pound a week. When you work it out that’s almost two stones in a year. That will suit me fine. I also feel much better and my blood pressure is slowly coming down – a real bonus for me. I’m hoping to be able to reduce my medication by this time next year.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.