November Convert

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  IOW Phillip 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi, I am newbie to the 5:2 Beach Diet today. I managed to lose 10 pounds over 3 weeks on Lighter Life in October but I felt very depressed on the food packs and easily agitated. Although the results were seemingly rapid and impressive it wasn’t a sustainable solution for me. I resumed normal eating 1 week ago and horrifyingly I regained 7kg in as many days. I have now read Mimi’s book The Fast Beach Diet and am feeling hugely motivated and aspirational about this regime. I recognise that the biggest challenge for me is re-calibrating my mental relationship with food. I have also started a new fitness regime incorporating spin classes 2 days per week and swimming 5 days per week which I am enjoying immensely. I feel a lot more confident in my likelihood of sticking with the 5:2 programme than Lighter Life. I have never been more determined than I am now. Here’s to the new me. 🙂

Hi
    Just to add something to your comment about ‘recalibrating mental relationship with food’ (which I can relate to as well and which I see as a continuing process for me.) There is a writer called Gillian Riley whose book ‘Eating Less’ I found helpful before 5:2 came along.

As with most things, I don’t agree with everything she says, but I feel some of the thoughts about addictive thinking towards food can be used alongside/ as a support to 5:2 (maybe especially on the non-fast days when one might be tempted to overeat as a perceived ‘compensation’.) Anyway, if you want to get a general idea, her website is http://www.eatingless.com

Wishing you well
    Bootsy
    PS Not born in Pompey but lived there from aged 5 to 18, so ‘The Island’ was always on my horizon!

Thank you Bootsy,
    Phillip

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.