Not lost a pound in 4 weeks.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Not lost a pound in 4 weeks.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  gevanssa 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• This is my 4th week and still not lost a pound. I have a dog and horse, so plenty of dog walks and ride 2 times a week on average. Still remain at 12stone. On fast days I eat only breakfast. usually two poached eggs on 1-2 slices of wholemeal toast. Tea and low cal drinks all day, nothing til next morning, when I eat normally.
    Feeling pretty depressed.

What are you eating on non fast days? And how often do you eat?

I just did my second fast day and I GAINED a pound!!! How the hell does that happen? I lost 2 on Monday (my first fast day). I stuck to the fast, didn’t cheat, even went to a pump class in the morning and went to bed starving Didn’t sleep very well as I was so hungry. And yet I gained a f…ing pound!!! So pissed off.

Have a look at what you are consuming on a non fast day- you can eat what ever you like, just not how much you like. Find out what your TDEE is and write down everything you consume for a week and tot up the calories.

Hi Jandy:

You can gain or lose two or more pounds on any given day for no apparent reason. Weight loss does not happen in a constant, straight down, pattern. If these kinds of weight variations bother you, weigh less often (once a week or month). Otherwise, you will just have to grin and bear it. Here is some information on how 5:2 works – the Warnings post addresses your issue: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

calamitykate (great name, btw), I think fitnfast is on to something. There’s nothing magical about this diet: you still have to be in calorie deficit to lose weight. I’m guessing the problem is with non-fast days. Have you calculated your TDEE? It may be well below this 2000cal average that gets bandied about.

I would also recommend measuring your waist as well as weight. That’s actually a better indicator of health than weight.

Good luck!!

Thank you simcoeluv, I love the clarity of your posts. I have just read the warnings and subsequent links and I feel much more confident about continuing with the 5:2 diet. I understand TDEE much better and the 5:2 diet in general. This is a way of eating for life. I may not be losing weight as quickly as I would like but I have to admit I feel much better in general.

Many thanks!

Hi GoldenSun:

You are welcome.

Good Luck!

Yep, I guess I eat too much on non- fast days. But its still a total overall lesser amount per week, so i dunno how its not working. On Fast days I have under 500 cals, on non fast days around 1600. My TDEE IS 1900. I only go up to that on amount on rare occasions.

In my experience and opinion, having lost 25 lbs in 4 months, carbs are what puts weight on. Try cutting back on breads, pasta, etc. Even fruits can add pounds..especially the sweet ones.

Something else that works for me and others is following a 16:8 plan on non fast days; basically, you eat nothing from dinner until around lunch the next day. 16 hour mini fast. That might jump start your loss. And exercise, especially long sessions of steady state cardio, will keep you from losing. Sounds strange but true. Do short intense sessions instead.

You will get there!

My second week done and gained 1.5 kg,very disappointed as I have been counting calories on my non fast days too. I am only 4feet 10 inches and my TDEE is 1470.i don’t do any exercise. Anyone here with similar problem who can help?

What is the rush? I have been following the 5:2 diet for around 20 months and have lost around 12kg, but am happy to take it slowly. I am using this as a new way of living and just need to lose another 3kg to be at a weight I am happy with. 2 years ago I never thought it would be possible, but now I am close to my goal weight and feel healthier than I have in years. I have so much energy that I almost bounce through the days (even FD). I haven’t changed my non FD too much, but have stuck religiously to 500 on FD. My view is that I can maintain this diet if I don’t count calories every day. Some weeks I am ‘bad’ and don’t lose any weight, other weeks I lose up to 1kg. If I were to count all the time I don’t feel that I would sustain the diet, but by relaxing on those days I know that I can keep it up. I would like to think that I could move to 6:1 at some stage, but if I can’t maintain my weight that way I will stay with 5:2 for the rest of my life. Even if I don’t increase my lifespan (and how would I ever know?), I feel so much healthier and thank my lucky stars that I found out about this diet.

Can only be the carbs. A calorie isnt really a calorie in the way the body metabolises food & i avoid carbs on non fast days. I also find alcohol completely stops weight loss for me

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply.