No reduction in Weight & Waist Size but Trouser Size

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Benefits and side effects
No reduction in Weight & Waist Size but Trouser Size

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  krishna 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Dear All,

Am sure few of you would have faced this situation for which I’m trying to figure our the logical answers but couldn’t. Perhaps your knowledge/experience should throw some light on my ongoing quest.

My situation is, My Scales doesn’t move (In fact fluctuate between couple of numbers always, between 82 and 81kgs), and my waist size (100cms) is always the same and/but my trouser size is coming down. I’m unable to figure out, what one the earth, is this kinda transformation.

1) How is it possible that my waist size remains the same, but my trouser size is decreasing? I’ve donated all my previous trousers of size 38″ then 36″ and now am wearing 34″ to 32″. But, my waist size hasn’t decreased 1 cm

2)Even though, before starting 5:2 last week, I lost sufficient weight and came from 85kgs to 82kgs (with just exercise), my current weight is halted and constantly getting fluctuated btwn 82 & 81.

3)Not sure, whats the effect, but, currently am doing extreme fasting, of no food/water from sunrise till sunset and taking around 800 cal/day at night. Do you think in this situation, there’s more water retention.

Help me out…!!!

Hi Krishna.
    The title of your post rang a bell for me as I have got a similar problem! I have lost weight around my hips and thighs but the tummy fat remains. Pants and skirts that I want to wear cos they fit my butt still don’t do up around the waist!
    I think that we just have to keep strong and continue, and the weight will eventually go. I remember from being on diets in previous years that the body has its own priorities about where the weight goes from first, which isn’t necessarily in line with where we want to lose it.
    I am not an authority on the 5/2 diet so can’t comment on whether your style of fasting will be affecting this, but I suspect not. Maybe someone else can help with that.
    Good on you for losing that weight with exercise! I am sure exercise combined with the 5/2 diet will bring you results soon.

Hi VG,

Thanks for the update.

As you rightly said, I even think of the same. But, the daily fluctuations on the scale make me more impatient and I always re-think on my food/exercise calories, as to whether they are in sync or not.

I’ve been doing some HIIT (Jumping Jacks) every alternate day following 5:2. The thing I’m most concerned about is the Visceral fat at tummy/waist which is not reducing. The tape also isn’t moving at all and this is what is making me more impatient. But, as you rightly said, it’s goanna take time and we should have patience 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.