Newbie need help!!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  pipsta87 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi there

I’m planning on starting the 5:2 soon and just need a little bit of advice. On the non fasting days how many calories do I need to be eating? It is something to do with my TDEE and BMR??

Thanks in advance

Xx

Hi pipsta87 all the best with this way of eating ( WOE) –it certainly has great results especially for those who see it as a marathon and not a sprint to quick weight loss.
    Your TDEE is really important for non fast days and you can work it out if you go to one of the sites on top of this page.
    Have you read the book ? It gives a good insight into the what’s and the how’s but there is also heaps of information on this site.
    all the best and keep us posted (I lost 5kgs in 3 months but more important have felt so much better with that tyre around my middle getting smaller.–I do the HIT exercises but not with alot of gusto you can’t go from slug to dynamo in one easy step!!!. have hit a plateau but have also had bronchitis so have eased off the fasting–but the fab thing about this WOE I don’t feel a failure, just stay in my TDEE. all the best and welcome aboard

Thanks for the reply. My BMR is 2027 and my TDEE is 2432 so do I have to be sure not to go over my TDEE on non fasting days? I was thinking of trying to not go over 1500 calories on a non fasting day.

Is 1500 not enough?

Thanks and well done on your progress so far.

Xx

Hi @pipsta87 if your BMR is 2027 then 1500 calories is too low. try to eat BETWEEN your BMR and your TDEE on non fast days, that is ABOVE your BMR and UP TO your TDEE. You may find it helpful to use a calorie counting app such as My Fitness Pal for a few weeks to track portion sizes and total calories used.

Good luck

xx

Hi Pipsta87 and welcome to the forum!,

Already good advice given so you know what to do, good luck! 🙂

Thank you everyone, I can’t wait to get started. I’ve taken all my vital measurements and before photos tonight and I’m planning to start on Friday with a fasting day.

I will keep you all updated on my progress.

Xx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.