Newbie Looking for Rye Bread Substitute

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  milly_molly 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Hi all! I’ve just completed my first week and am delighted to have lost 4lb! I stuck to porridge for both meals just for something quick and simple – I don’t fancy being in the kitchen for longer than I have to on fast days! This week though,I fancied making the Ratatouille from the recipe book,however,I can’t get hold of any rye bread. Can anyone suggest a substitute,please? Thanks for your help..

hi milly_molly not sure what country you live in but Sainsbury’s sell 3 types of rye bread, x

Hi Fast for life,thanks for getting back to me.I’m in Scotland and have a Sainsburys locally but they don’t stock rye bread so I’m a bit stuck.I suppose I could try Nimble but I don’t think that goes with the 5:2 principles?Any.help would be much appreciated!Fasting today,just drinking my fruit tea now!

i use nimble with my prawn cocktail its only 51 cals a slice, where the white bread i buy for my family is 100 a slice, i dont see why you couldnt use it myself good luck for today! x

Hi Milly Molly,
    Why not bake it youtself?
    http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/18094/swedish-rye-bread-ii
    Ninna

Hi both!Think I’ll go with the Nimble for now,I’m absolutely starving and trying to fill up with Diet Coke,but will have a wee look at the rye bread recipe for next fast day.Thanks!

i use a 1 whole finn crisp thin rye

20 cals

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 2 serving (13 g)
    Per Serving % Daily Value*
    Calories 40

Lidl have the nicest Rye bread I have ever tasted, even hubby likes it in place of wholemeal!

Ooh I like the sound of the Lidl one!Must check it out at the weekend.What’s the cals per slice,Debra?

Very much depends on how you skice it, so needs to be weighed. Enjoy!

If you’ve got a bread maker, Lidl do a very cheap bread machine mix – it is lovely.

milly_molly
    Are there no eastern european shops near you?

I found some! It was in the cake section (!) which might explain why I couldn’t see it before… Will try it and report back. Thanks for all your replies!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.