Newbie: hello

This topic contains 22 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Jeanius 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

• I started my 5:2 on Monday, and joined this website on Wednesday, and have to say, I am feeling pretty good, physically and mentally.
    I must say my eating habits got to a terrible state, cereal @ 7.30, a chocolate bar or 2 at any given time after, maybe a packet of crisps, coffee with 2 sugars at break-time and a sandwich, more chocs at lunch..and not getting much better as the day went on !!
    So on Sunday evening I decided to “go for it”..had my meal and 5.30 pm on sunday, then no more until 1.00pm on Monday (tinned toms on 1 slice of nimble wholemeal) then homemade veg soup in the evening…. and I was fine..thou a couple of coke zero’s helped me through the day.
    Fasted again on Wednesday, and going to again tomorrow (Saturday).
    I am finding thou, that I don’t seem to have all my calories on my non fasting days ( allowance 1600, i’m actually having about 1200), will this be a problem, as I do not know yet if I lost any weight or inches since starting, want to check next week 🙂

Welcome!!!! 🙂

Looking forward to “fasting” with you!

Here’s to US!

Hi Carla,
    Thanku for yr reply 🙂
    how are you getting along with the fasting ?

Layman’s opinion – I would check with your doctor about a long term low calorie regimen. Of course, make sure you are having a balanced diet with all food groups.

Trust me…tomorrow morning early the world will know 🙂 Started the alternating fast days (one day off and one day on last Friday…traded Wednesday for Thursday because of the holiday this week (US- 4th of July…mega food fest…huge landmine…) so today is actually my 5th fast since I started. I feel wonderful. Energetic. I have kept the in between days around 1200-1500 kcal. Will weigh in for my first time since starting tomorrow! Excited!
    Wish me weight loss!

Thanku for yr advice GolfinGoldy..I am not intentionally having low calories, just do not seem to be able to get to my recommended amount !!!! Will try to on Sunday 🙂
    Good luck Carla, I am with you all the way hun 🙂

Hi I am gilie and I started on monday with a fast day and loved it, had lost 1kg by fri so am really pleased. feel great on fast days, I just have one meal in evening, its easier for me and i feel healthier and lighter!!
    I am so pleased KK that you are enjoying the diet too. Just curious carla why you want to fast alt days is it for a faster wt loss?

I am doing the alternating days to begin- AFD. I have about 30 pounds to lose…well…only 27.5 now…:) But mainly so that I can get in the habit of consuming less calories overall. My norm was well over 2000 calories a day…and some days a LOT more…so the alternating fast seems like a way to re-set my “norm” while losing the weight I need to and the overall benefits of the fasting. I find that the day after the fast day I just want less food as well as feeling wonderful.

Hi, my name is Kate and I will be starting the 5:2 fastdiet on Monday as my fasting day. Can someone PLEASE just simplify the time frame of what constitutes a “day” of fasting??? Seriously – is it 24 hours or 36 hours?? It shouldn’t be this hard!!!

You need to decide what you can manage. Your question has been discussed on this forum by a number of posters so I will not go over them save to say on a personal level I have a 36 hr fast. It works for me. My last non fast meal is aprox 6pm on Sunday. I start my “fast about 7. am Mon morning with breakfast, have my main meal around 6.00pm then start my non fast day 7.00am Tues. If you feel that is to long then experiment until you are happy with it.
    Good luck.

Thank you Couscous! I get it that you actually are starting your “fast” after your 6pm meal on sunday. Than by 7am on Tuesday – you have actually “fasted” 36 hours. Correct?

I am currently recovering from chronic fatigue syndrome and have gained weight for first time in years due to inactivity. Now that I am managing my cfs and have returned to work (part time) I am also introducing some exercise and thought I’d see if I can manage the 5:2 diet to lose some of the blubber. I fasted for first time today. Ate last meal yesterday at 3.20pm and had only water until 3.30pm today. No probs. anyone else with cfs out there?

Happy fast day peeps 🙂
    Have gone all day on just water & coke zero, just about to embark on my evening meal (chilli, rice & fresh green veg )and will have enough for a coffee with milk & a dash of 1/2 sugar. Can not believe how easy I am finding this….tomorrow & Monday I must hit my target of 1600 calories !!!

ktweily52, correct and the added bonus to doing your “fast” in this time frame is that provided your sleep patterns are regular your “fasting” period will include two sleep periods totalling aprox 16 hrs, so you are also fasting during your sleeping time. Simples…..
    By the way if you just happen to have a late night supper, dont knock your self out about it just recognise what you did and move on.
    Good luck.

I like to start Monday morning with black coffee and then fruit for lunch. Lots of water with Ice to chew on throughout the day. I keep busy at work and at about six thirty I have grilled chicken with lots of lettuce!!! More water. That’s it. Next morning Tuesday- I have my venti coffee with H&H and Splenda. 12 weeks 14.2 lbs gone!

Weighed myself tonight, and ive lost 4lb’s in 1 week. And I feel better in myself. best thing ive ever done 🙂

That is GREAT!!!! Congratulations 😀
    Feeling like that, myself!

hi Carla,
    Well done to you too…this is great 😀

Wish I would have found it at the first of the year…I would be where I want to be by now…assuming this continues 🙂

Hi There, I started the Fast Diet two wks ago, this is my 4th fast day. it is great to find a supportive community online. To day it has been fairly easy as I am not so hungry in he heat. I am overweight but have not seen any weight loss yet. I’m going to continue for the health benefits (I have high Blood Pressure) and hope that the weight loss will come in time 🙂

Welcome KayBee,
    Keep positive and you will succeed 🙂

Hey Couscous – so is it better to fast 36 hours or is 24 hours ok? which will help you loose weight faster?

Hello I started today & I noticed how you are all encouraging one another,can I join in ?
    I am 73.Old but young at heart. 16st 7lbs.a long way to go.My 2 daughters have been doing this since April.one has lost 2 stone & the other 1st 12lbs.

Hello, katya2510 – and welcome! There’s nothing like a bit of family competition to spur one on. I hope you will find the 5:2 approach easy to do and effective too. All best wishes to you.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply.