Newbie from Kent

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gunnerman167 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hello All

I am 35 and before Christmas I weighed in at 16st 11 Lbs. Not sure how accurate this was as I was wearing a suit. Lets call it 16 1/2 Stone! My wife and I have started the 5:2 diet a week ago not only to loose weight but really to get ourselves in better shape for life in general. We have twin boys who are nearly 5 and so we need to be keeping up with them!

I hope that we can make this a new way of life rather than a Diet. In fact I don’t think I will refer to this programme as a diet. I have only been doing it for a week and already I feel better about myself. My wife said that she can see the effect already in that I have lost weight around my neck. Although I am not sure about that I do feel different (better). Our first weigh in is tomorrow morning so fingers crossed. Still have not taken measurements but after reading the forums here I will do ASAP as those weeks/ months when I don’t lose weight still may mean I will loose inches off my waist etc.

Would like to have some online support to keep this going so will be glad to write more.

Good luck to all of you!

hi there Newbie form Kent form fellow faster from kent 🙂

I am in Deal, whereabouts in Kent are you? I must say its a beautiful sunny day today here and soon i’ll be off walkies with my dogs lol!

big well done on you both fro starting this fabulous way of eating/life, I have been following since july last year and never looked back!!

you sound like you have the right attitude and your post is so positive, ai am sure you will very soon see and feel the results!!

don’t worry too much about scales and numbers for now, as you say your clothes will be your biggest tell tales 😉

good luck and keep posting 🙂

Angie

Hi Angie

Thanks for your welcome and encouragement. I really do hope that we will be able to turn this into a new way of life. May I ask what your progress has been like since July last year?

I will also follow you advice about not focusing on the numbers just yet. I think we will take a starting point and then try and measure these every other month. That way we are more likely to see a trend rather than seeing highs and lows week to week.

I don’t think I put on too much weight over Christmas so I am looking forward to the scales tomorrow morning.

Fingers Crossed

Andrew

hi Andrew and thanks for post!!

when I started back in July my starting weight was 9st 13lbs, ok not huge but I didn’t feel right and iam quite short too, 5.2 so I wanted to do something about it lol
    I started loosing after a couple of weeks I think, I didn’t weight myself too soon because I didn’t want to obsess grrrr
    my last weigh in was in December, 9st 5 lbs, its slow process but I don’t mind as long as it works!! so I am aiming for just under 9st then i’ll just do 6.1 on maintenance …

good luck on your weight in tomorrow!! and don’t forget the measurements lol!!

happy fasting and let us know how you are both getting on 🙂

Well I am a couple of weeks in now and after my first weight trend day I had gone from 16st 11lbs before Christmas (clothed) to 16st 0lbs. This is quite dramatic and I can’t really believe it. However on my second weight trend day a week later I had dropped a further 4lbs down to 15st 10lbs.

The fast days have been going well and have been non consecutive. The interesting thing is that I do feel better on the fast days. More clean and unburdened. Perhaps this is physiological but who cares if it is a positive feeling then long may it continue.

One other thing I wanted to share was I had a fish and chip dinner on a ‘normal’ day and ate as much as I used to. The taste benefit was short lived as I felt quite sick for the rest of the evening and found it very hard to get to sleep. I have since also had a large roast dinner on an entirely different day and once again it left me bloated. These are unusual for me and I wonder if this is due to the change in the way I eat. Any input here would be welcome.

My 3rd weight trend day put me up by 3lbs however this was the day after the fish and chip episode and I was still feeling bloated and unwell in the morning when I stepped on the scales.

I am listening to the 5:2 audio book and just watched the Horizon episode again tonight as I find the science and possibilities of this way of life motivating.

Looking forward to tomorrow morning and having breakfast at the hotel I’m staying at.

Thanks to all those who took the time to read and would love to hear from any and all.

Hi Andrew, congrats on your fantastic weight loss! I lost 6 kg in 7 weeks and could not believe it. Yes you are not imagining your bloating, if you do the 5:2 diet your stomach kind of shrinks and your system is not used to too much food. All of it is good.

I know I am repeating myself in various posts, but for me the 5:2, 4:3 and sometimes ADF did not lead to only losing weight but much more importantly to me becoming more aware of the kind of food I am putting into my body. I changed my diet from an O.K. one to a mostly very healthy one, which is astounding considering my love for junk food!

I am very close to my ideal weight now and for maintenance I will soon go to 6:1. What I do so on the other days is I vary a lot of how and what I eat. Today for instance I made myself a huge spinach smoothie with a base of a home made vegetable juice. This kept my hunger at bay for the whole day and if I eat some eggs tonight then I will be just above my BMR, and this is a feast day! On other feast days I do indulge but then this is not very often.

I think 5:2 is a great step in the right direction if it is followed by a healthier diet.

Best of luck
    Stef.

Only one more day to go until the next weight trend day. I have to say that this week has felt (so far) better than last and I am a little nervous about the weigh in on Sat am. I promised myself that I would’t get too focused on the weight side of things and just think about whether I feel better or not. On the whole I do feel better in that I am actually doing something to improve my health so that should be enough…………..but its not. I want to see that every week I loose weight but to avoid disappointment I need to move past this.

I’m on a fast day today and so far all is well. I am starting to feel so much better about food and eating. My mind seems to be able to cope with differentiating hunger from a real need to re-fuel. I hope that I am still on the waggon in 12 months time.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.