Newbie from Hong Kong – Starting Tomorrow 2019.03.12

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Newbie from Hong Kong – Starting Tomorrow 2019.03.12

This topic contains 1 reply, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I had read a Chinese translated “the 5:2 fast diet” book from Hong Kong Library and decided trying 5:2 fast diet myself. Hope I could find some diet meal suggestions on fast day from here that would suit living style and food culture in Hong Kong, thank you!

Hi PYhk, lots of people on the 5:2 or 4:3 here. Am finding it great, as long as I remember that slow and steady is the way for me. Best of luck.

Welcome to Fasting, PYhk. I find that Fasting fits into many cuisines and lifestyles.
    Stirfrying is a good way to prepare a Fast Meal, as long as you cut down on the oil. I have adapted several Asian meals for Fasting. In an Asian market, I found Pork Dumplings at 84 calories each. By steaming them with Bok Choy or other vegetables, one has a filling meal.
    Using a bamboo steamer to cook fish and vegetables would be another idea.

Here is my recipe for Wonton Soup.

Wonton Soup: 257 calories 34 g fat 0.9 g fiber 23.7 g protein 29 g carbs 25 mg Calcium PB Cantonese wonton soup can be your’s, easily and without the extra salt or MSG. I prepared the entire batch of filling, then stuffed and poached all 26 wontons. Frozen, they will be the ‘instant’ source of future meals.
    Filling: 4 oz ground pork 4 oz chicken meat ½ tsp cornstarch ¾ tsp sugar 1 tsp sesame oil ¼ tsp white pepper + ¾ tsp salt + 1 Tbsp water 1 Tbsp sherry 4 oz shrimp, chopped to the size of green peas
    Combine all ingredients except the shrimp in the bowl of a food processor and mince to a paste. Stir in the shrimp. Refrigerate until ready to fill the wontons. TIP: Can be made the day before.
    Wontons: wonton skins are small squares of egg-roll wrappers,
    5 wonton skins per bowl of soup 26 skins for the entire batch
    Put 4-6 wonton skins on a cutting board. Moisten two edges of one of the squares. Place 1 Tbsp of filling on the square, fold over to make a triangle, and pinch the sides together. Set aside until ready to poach them.
    Poaching filled wontons: Bring a pan of water to boil. Depending on the diameter of the pan, add wontons 4-5 at a time. They will sink to the bottom of the pan. When they float to the surface [in 4-5 minutes], fish them out and put on a tea towel to drain.
    To finish the soup: 1.5 cups delicious chicken stock 1.5 oz cabbage in strips 5 wontons 1 Tbsp sliced scallion
    Heat the stock to a simmer and add the cabbage. Cover and simmer until the cabbage is cooked. Put 5 poached wontons in the bowl, add the stock and cabbage, sprinkle with scallion. Pass the soy sauce.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.